Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Windows Live Mail vs Windows Mail by JamieMac
Hi, Could someone explain the difference between Windows Live Mail vs Windows Mail ? So far I have found out: - You need to get a Windows Live Id - Windows Live is full of adverts (but I can live with that I think) - Windows Live has a subscription cost (I think) - Windows Live does not have any archive feaures like Outlook
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 4th 08 06:54 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
12 590
Windows calender by CSM
Can anyone tell me how to get the Holidays to show on this calender. I looked everywhere and can't figure it out.
April 4th 08 06:40 PM
by Dave Go to last post
4 384
I can't send email since I purchased this VISTA by Fred Bixler
I had two send an important e-mail with attachments and could not do it. I've been trying for the past two hours. It's really late and I have to get up in 4 hours. Thanks Microsoft. I didn't have this problem with the old system.
April 4th 08 06:24 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
2 427
Error 0x80004005 - Help Please! by ladylilith
Have had vista for over a year now. had initial problems with windows mail which were solved by a service update. Had no problems since, until today. I cannot receive emails for one of my email accounts (the main one!) all the other accounts are working fine. I have cross checked the account details and nothing has cnhanged and they all mac=tch so I don't get why this one account has gone on...
April 4th 08 05:55 PM
by ladylilith Go to last post
2 400
Mots de passe pour plusieurs comptes by Armelle
Bonjour, J'ai crée 2 comptes sur windows mail, mais tous les messages arrivent dans la meme boite, et à l'ouverture, il n' a pas de demande d'authentification. Du coup, aucune confidentialité pour aucun des 2. Quelqu'un peut-il m'aider à bien déterminer chaque compte ? Merci de votre aide.
April 4th 08 03:49 PM
by Armelle Go to last post
0 416
April 4th 08 03:48 PM
by Gordon Go to last post
1 342
can´t see mail in new folder in Windows mail by Thomas B Sweden
Wen i made a new folder in Windows mail for cataloging some mail they where not posible too read only a message that said "its not posible too find message" and i can´t move those mail too an ather folder! Please help me!!
April 4th 08 03:32 PM
by Thomas B Sweden[_2_] Go to last post
4 299
Does Export mean Cut or Copy? by DMD guy
I want to copy ME/OE 5 emails to Vista/Windows Mail. If I use, File/export/mesages in OE does that leave my emails in OE and just copy them or does it "cut" them out of OE5 so that they will no longer be there? I want the files on both machines. 2. The procedures I've seen refer to moving .dbx files from an XP system rather than an ME sys, is there a different procedure for ME? 3. Can I...
April 4th 08 03:20 PM
by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM Go to last post
7 346
Hi xx by willim preston
hello eve and george, nice to here your on net love uncle bill xxx
April 4th 08 03:11 PM
by No Name Go to last post
1 375
How do I retain NON-read only status? by Larry Latham[_2_]
I now have my sent items2.dbx folder sitting on the desktop of my Vista/Windows Mail computer, but I cannot access any of the messages. I also moved Folders.dbx to the Vista Machine. When I check the properties of Sent Items2.dbx, it has "read only" checked. I have unchecked it many times and it looks like it accepts my change, but when I go back to properties to look at it again, Read Only is...
April 4th 08 03:10 PM
by Larry Latham[_2_] Go to last post
0 289
How to Archive Vista Windows Mail by JamieMac
Hi, Does anyone know how I can archive off old Windows Mail folders (I use Vista Home Premium) off to a external hard drive or even DVD. The export function is no good becasue it copies your folder rather than cuts it. I can't believe there is no archive facility! I would like to be able to archive off old folders (ideally automatically, but manually will do) to a to seperate location...
April 4th 08 02:44 PM
by Dave Go to last post
1 305
Annexes by A J Nunes da Silva
I put some files from my computer as annexes to a message. But when I order to send it a message says that they could not find those files and asking if I wish to send message without them. Please tell me what to do to send the message with those files -- Nunes da Silva
April 4th 08 12:14 PM
by No Name Go to last post
7 354
Access denied by Zygy
Whenever I access Mail I have to enter my user name and password on my new computer. Since I am the only user, how do I eliminate this time waster?
April 4th 08 12:14 PM
by No Name Go to last post
1 312
item stuck in Outbox - will not send or delete or move by notlaw
Message in my outbox. When I try to send get error message. It is also keeping other messages from being sent. message I get is Message could not be displayed Windows Mail encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this message. Check your computer for low memory or low disk space and try again My computer is only 2 weeks old, Vista system, not enought items on it to
April 4th 08 11:11 AM
by edgy Go to last post
5 330
Ger by g.jager36
Can t delete deleted mail -- g.jager36
April 4th 08 10:53 AM
by mac Go to last post
1 533
Ouvrir Windows mail by Maryse
Je voudrais "ouvrir" Windows mail ainsi que mes mails avec un double clic pour plus de sécurité. Je ne sais comment faire. Pouvez-vous m'aider? Merci.
April 4th 08 08:51 AM
by Maryse Go to last post
0 324
Not able to send email or receive all my mail by Carolyn[_2_]
Below is the message I receive during receiving and trying to send out mail. I will receive part of my mail, but not all. My provider did check my service, which works fine. I can receive mail from their site, but not through my windows mail. Can anyone help? Thanking you Carolyn
April 4th 08 06:54 AM
by No Name Go to last post
3 319
Incapable de supprimer un message dans la boîte d'envoi by bounic
Bonjour, Je n'arrive pas à supprimer un message dans ma boîte d'envoi. Je demande de le supprimer et une fenêtre apparaît "Une erreur inconnue s'est produite" et tant que je ne pourrai supprimer ce message, je ne peux en envoyer d'autres. Une réponse serait appréciée. Merci à l'avance
April 4th 08 04:22 AM
by Xenomorph Go to last post
2 313
impossible d'envoyer un mail by Virginie KELLER
bonjour je n'arrive pas à envoyer de mail ci-dessous message d'erreur Merci de votre aide Échec de la connexion au serveur. Objet 'djez', Compte : 'pop.mail.yahoo.fr', Serveur : 'smtp.mail.yahoo.fr', Protocole : SMTP, Port : 25, Sécurisé (SSL) : Non, Erreur de socket : 10060, Numéro d'erreur : 0x800CCC0E
April 4th 08 03:34 AM
by impossible d envoyer un mail Go to last post
1 327
Outbox appears in local folders by Matt
I am running vista, with an aol imap account. Every time I send a message from the imap account the message shows up in the local folders outbox. Then I get an error saying: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject '', Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com',...
April 4th 08 02:54 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post

From The