Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
norway tbg by anti grandiosa
April 4th 08 02:50 AM
by anti grandiosa Go to last post
0 323
Microsoft Vista Email Issue by CWB
Have been trying to creat an account in the Microsoft Vista Email. After I get to the point where it ask for my email address it states that Microsoft Vista Email no longer supports http mail services like Hotmail, ect. Is there any fix for this or is this just a worthless email program now. Thanks
April 4th 08 02:11 AM
by Xenomorph Go to last post
2 317
Disappearing MSN Contacts by Al
Recently had all my MSN contacts disappear - they're still there in Outlook, but not in my MSN Address Book. Nothing really changed on my computer; I thought MSN Contacts were on the MSN server - any help appreciated!
April 4th 08 01:29 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
3 323
can send messages by Alejandro Casula
i cannot send messages please help me
April 4th 08 01:28 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 306
Slow delete by Willie[_3_]
Hi! When I deleted messages from Windows Mail, it completes the task slowly. This just started a few days ago. As the message is deleted, lines appear, like the last message dragging up the screen. My "inbox" is not crowded, nor is my "sent" box. Other folders have nothing in them. Folders (2) that have been added by me have minimal in them, very few messages. The program is...
April 4th 08 12:56 AM
by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM Go to last post
2 325
Suffering from sending mail from Windows Mail?? Your prayers answe by The H
Reasons for not being able to send mail outbound using Windows Mail: Some say "Windows Mail is not compatible with most McAfee and Norton antivirus programs. Those will need to be uninstalled, NOT just disabled." - Huh?!?!? Others say "it sounds like interference from a spyware/spamware program" - what nonsense!!! It seems for Microsoft it was the best of times, it was the worst of times
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 4th 08 12:45 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
25 853
address bar won't populate contacts by Jon
I haven't been able to figure out why I can't get my contacts to populate when I'm composing emails. In my old outlook it would give me options when I started typing in the To/CC/BCC bars and made it much easier & faster to email people. Now, unless I've sent an email to a person earlier in the day, I need to type the entire email address or click on the To/CC/BCC tabs. Is there a setting...
April 4th 08 12:36 AM
by No Name Go to last post
5 483
Clicking on an email from a website by FPG
When I click on an email from a website it automatically uses the windows email and I don't want to use my windows email. I want it to use my yahoo mail. How can I get it to do this? My old computer didn't do this. -- fpg
April 4th 08 12:27 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
3 328
Can not start Windows Mail by Donkie 15
I get the following error message: Can not start Windows Mail. The program can not open the mail archive of Windows Mail. The mail data of Windows Mail are used by another program, as a virusscanner. Close the program and wait till the action is finished, before reopening Windwos Mail (0x800C0155,2). I am using McAfee virusscanner and Spamfighter. I do not know how to disable (other than...
April 3rd 08 10:47 PM
by kurtlane Go to last post
8 281
Mail Groups by kathy
I have set up mail groups but don't always want to send an email to everyone in the group. How do I view and select specific recipients from a group? Thank you
April 3rd 08 10:46 PM
by Brink Go to last post
2 342
How do I send Vista Basic Mail? Thank you! by StarEquate27
-- Dale Vandervort
April 3rd 08 08:35 PM
by Gordon Go to last post
2 319
Windows Security Log-In - XP to Vista by vickig
Seen lots on this - have tried to follow advice and even uninstalled McAfee and recreated mail account from scratch on Windows Mail - still no luck - still get the windows security prompt. Cannot download or send any emails. V. frustrating - especially when going through the risk of unistalling protection (which came pre-installed). Is there a published document from Microsoft on this...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 3rd 08 08:27 PM
by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM Go to last post
13 530
Récupération de mon courriel sous Hotmail & MSN by [email protected]
je ne parviens pas Ã* récupérer mon courrier des adresses & . Dans une fenêtre il est dit que ces adresses sont "DISSOCIEES". Il m'est impossible de récupérer le mot de passe de ces adresses
April 3rd 08 08:14 PM
by Luc Go to last post
1 288
Problème de configuration by Natalie NELSON
Bonjour, Je n'arrive pas à savoir quelles sont les adresses de POP3 et SMTP afin de configurer mon compte. Je me sers d'une connexion wifi extérieure et je n'ai pas de fournisseur d'accès, donc. Merci de m'aider.
April 3rd 08 08:11 PM
by Luc Go to last post
1 264
TRANSFERT DE WINDOWS MAIL by Virginie KELLER
Bonjour Je change d'ordinateur, et j'ai besoin de transférer mes mails de mon ancien sur mon nouvel ordi. Comment faire? Je travaille sous windows mail vista. Merci -- Virginie
April 3rd 08 08:11 PM
by Luc Go to last post
3 276
edit a received email by John Farmer[_2_]
My previous Outlook allowed me to edit received emails, including the subject line, which was very helpful. Now, Vista Windows Mail doesn't show that option. Is editing possible with Windows Mail?
April 3rd 08 08:08 PM
by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM Go to last post
3 281
settin up account by Lance Hunkle
help me please
April 3rd 08 08:03 PM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I] Go to last post
2 310
how do i set up an email account by Phillip G Stevenson
April 3rd 08 06:52 PM
by John Barnett MVP[_3_] Go to last post
2 293
Mail seems to have deleted itself and is requesting new startup info by dazedandconfused[_2_]
Windows Mail seems to have deleted itself because it is asking for setup instructions like it is a new install. All previous email files are gone. Inbox, Sent, Outbox. Are those files stored somewhere in Vista? Can they be restored? Unless my 3 year old knows how to delete a program, I don't know how this happened.
April 3rd 08 06:44 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
3 286
Email Hotlinks by Mike A.[_2_]
I recently purchased a new Lenovo notebook computer with Vista and have a problem accessing email hotlinks on websites where the hotlink is supposed to immediately open an email with the address filled in. MSN mail is my default email via Verizon/MSN Premium but when I click an email hotlink on a website, Vista apparently misdirects my email to Windows Mail instead of MSN mail and then IE...
April 3rd 08 06:39 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post

From The