Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
cant send email by Sue
i am getting an error message The host 'smtp' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Server: 'smtp', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D
April 3rd 08 06:36 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
7 379
All files lost. Mail seems to have rebooted itself by dazedandconfused
All email files are gone. Windows Mail seems to have been deleted or something and now wants to start over. Are there hidden and saved files somewhere. I don't mind restarting but can I get my inbox, sent folder files back, plus the contacts?thanks in advance for anyone that can help Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums
April 3rd 08 06:26 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
4 318
Unable to Re-Size Folders Pane by Michael J. Strickland
I have an intermittent problem where I can't re-size the Folders pane (or the pther panes ocaasionally). When I hoiver the mouse over the border, I do not get the double-sided (re-size) arrow. Anyone else experience this or know of a solution? -- -----------------------------------------------------------------------
April 3rd 08 03:11 PM
by Michael J. Strickland Go to last post
2 308
Where is my mail hiding? by bathsheba
Hello yet again, I had a probem a few days ago with my mail being pilfered from my server acct by WM. I got some brilliant advice about setting for a copy to be left on my server. That worked fabulously for the last few days but it has gone to hell this afternoon. Again my email server doesn't have a copy and my email has disappeared in WM without a trace. Any thoughts on how I can find...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 3rd 08 01:43 PM
by BobF. Go to last post
13 755
microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices by Spirit[_3_]
Same problem using XP/Outlook Express and Vista/Mail for newsreader. In Microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices group there are 0 unread messages however it shows some number not downloaded.... if I go out and back in even if a new message or several show up there is always some arbitrary number showing not downloaded. Even if I exit and re-enter group with NO unread message showing...
April 3rd 08 10:41 AM
by Gordon Go to last post
1 295
April 3rd 08 07:00 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
3 332
email won't sned...error messages by gaily
I'm having a similar problem, it seems. I went to the help site and downloaded the "stuck in the outbox" fix-it, but it didn't fix my problem. I get the following error message just the same: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'RHEM 3', Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number:...
April 3rd 08 06:57 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
5 404
mail by marilynn
how do i import my address book/mail from my old outlook?
April 3rd 08 02:37 AM
by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM Go to last post
4 418
Error message. Can't recieve email Started 5 days ago by subwife731
I keep getting this error message: Account: 'Mail', Server: 'mail.wavecable.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 I called wavecable and they did a test and their server is working fine. I can get my mail from their main server. I called Toshiba and they did a system restore and that did not fix the problem either. I tried to...
April 3rd 08 02:31 AM
by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM Go to last post
6 360
Contacts on windows mail by Stefan Golder
Is there a way to have your contacts on your mail on the lower left side like outlook express??
April 3rd 08 02:19 AM
by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM Go to last post
2 298
spam by digimom[_2_]
I find an email in my box that a friend warned me about. she said that when she deleted it, a copy of the mail was sent to everyone in her address book. how do I prevent this from happening to me????
April 3rd 08 02:17 AM
by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM Go to last post
3 433
Dragging messages from one newsgroup to another by gatorfish
Does anyone know how I can drag a message from one newsgroup to another? I could do this no problem in outlook express, but it seems to be a feature that MS was nice enough to remove for me. I can drag them to a mail folder no problem, but this is not going to help. I am taking some courses and this is the default program we are supposed to use and need to be able to reuse information. --...
April 3rd 08 02:14 AM
by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM Go to last post
4 292
backup by patrice QUILICI
hello how make backup of windows mail ? TKs redtox
April 3rd 08 02:12 AM
by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM Go to last post
2 317
Message won't send by PABarrie
When I try to send a message it instantly drops into the Outbox even though I have it set up to "send instantly". Then the messege will not send from my outbox. Even when I close Outlook and I get a message stating "You have unsent messages. Do you want to sent now?" I click send now and they do not send. No error messages. Any ideas? Much appreciated PABarrie
April 3rd 08 02:09 AM
by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM Go to last post
2 292
windows mail/vista: suddendly cannot send or receive email by Patty
I have been using Windows Mail on Vista for over a year. Suddenly, I get the following prompts: Account: 'incoming.verizon.net', Server: 'incoming.verizon.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Authentication failed', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 and Account: 'incoming.verizon.net', Server: 'incoming.verizon.net', Protocol:
April 3rd 08 02:02 AM
by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM Go to last post
5 312
JUNK MAIL...CANNOT SEE SUBJECT OR "FROM" POST IN MY JUNK MAIL by PleaseTalkInNonComputerLanguage
Please answer me in plain English. I am very bad at PC terminology. I cannot read from where my junk mail comes. The "from" and "subject" information on many, not all, junk mail is blank.
April 3rd 08 01:25 AM
by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM Go to last post
3 370
What are the settings?? by MsAmy131
I can't find the regular settings to begin using windows mail....just got Vista, and never used Outlook....but I can't find the POP and SMTP settings. Does anyone know what they are?? I would appreciate any help anyone could give....thanks
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 2nd 08 11:30 PM
by No Name Go to last post
16 760
Folders by Admin
I am trying to import folders from outlook into windows mail. Only 4 of the folders will import. if I try again, it says, your folders have been imported but all of them have not. What can I do to get all my folders over to windows mail. Outlook was used with XP, is that the problem?
April 2nd 08 11:15 PM
by No Name Go to last post
2 319
Inbox working, Outbox broken by NicoleinPDX
This morning I have been receiving email in my inbox, but my outbox appears to be broken. Outgoing mail piles up and whenever I try to send it I get an error message. I can manually delete messages out of the outbox, so it is not the problems with "stuck" outgoing messages (although I did experience that problem a few months ago). Any suggestions for how to get my outbox working again???
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 2nd 08 10:40 PM
by BobF. Go to last post
11 692
tranferring Outlook express to Windows mail by barb theisen
Can I transfer my outlook acct to windows mail???
April 2nd 08 10:35 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post

From The