Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Moving Toolbars by KingDaveRa
Hi all. Under XP, I would create a new toolbar which pointed to the same location as the Quick Launch toolbar. I would then move this, and have it up the side of the screen. So basically, I had a standard Quick Launch at the bottom, and then a repeat of it up the side, with shortcuts to my most-used apps. It was a bit like the old-school Office toolbar. I tried adding the same thing in...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 6th 09 05:54 AM
by Robert Kipling Go to last post
11 514
QIC Backup File by Itsybel
I just installed Family Tree Maker into my laptop that has Vista. Found a problem when I went to restore from the backup that was created using my desktop which created a .QIC backup file so it's not recognized. What can I do to recover these backups? Thank you for any help you can provide, I don't want to lose all my family history. -- Itsybel
December 6th 09 04:14 AM
by Itsybel Go to last post
7 447
I tired to instal Vista SP1 now my pc will not boot by McHabspos
I am getting an error message on a black screen !!OxcOOOOO34!! 252/90268(program_files_windows_calendar_49985597510...) I have tried to restore and there is a date in system recovery options which I cannot change and I am not very technically savvy and I am poor as I am unemployed and need my Pc to look for job I am writing to you from other pc in house but problem is opn my delll 1nspirion...
December 6th 09 04:01 AM
by kword88 Go to last post
4 362
error '339': Component MSCOMCTL.OCX not correctly registered by OldGrantonian[_2_]
I have Vista Home Premium 2-Bit. When I try to launch Duplicate Cleaner (a free file duplicates finder), as non-administrator. It launches OK (without UAC). But of course, some duplicate files cannot be deleted because DC is running non-admin. If I try to launch as administrator, I get UAC and: "Run-time error '339': Component MSCOMCTL.OCX not correctly registered." Here are my...
December 6th 09 03:59 AM
by Weavertech89[_2_] Go to last post
4 1,467
Anyone sniff Girl Scout panties? by Bill Wilson
I like the smell of a little girl's ass.
December 6th 09 02:13 AM
by Michael Go to last post
3 372
Sudden blue screen an shutdown by bill[_6_]
my laptop has suddenly developed "blue screen of death" and it happens too quickly to record the error. no new software or hardware added recently.Thought the backlight on the screen had failed after as I had a blank screen but after connection to a separate screen and doing a system restore my screen is ok.working ok at the moment but every so often after shutdown the "Blue" returns.... Ran...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 5th 09 11:08 PM
by Weavertech89 Go to last post
12 837
Windows media player question - newbie by Tony Vella
I would like to rip all my CDs in mp3 files and save them all on my computer each CD in its own folder. Then I would like to include all the folders in my WMP library and be able to select a playlist from any number of folders. Is this possible? If yes, how? Thanks in advance. -- Tony Vella Ottawa, Ontario, Canada -- http://www.amedialuz.ca/
December 5th 09 10:34 PM
by Opus Go to last post
5 404
Vista and Norton Ghost 2003 (not) by tonj
I ran straight into a brick wall with this combination. I've been using (and swearing by) Norton Ghost 2003 for years to backup and restore my hard drives, right from my Windows 98 days to Windows XP. But in the last month I've installed Windows Vista Home Premium on a test machine and using NG2003 I did one backup (to image file) of the very first virgin install, and another backup (again to...
December 5th 09 09:14 PM
by Michael Go to last post
7 406
403 Forbidden by webster72n
'You don't have permission to access this site...' That's what my browser (IE 8) says. Who is forbidding me to access any site? Is it possibly the owner of the site? And, if so, how can he single me out? Any ideas welcome. Harry.
December 5th 09 07:39 PM
by webster72n Go to last post
7 299
Windows Explorer crashes when moving files by browniebodrum
I'm trying to move files by dragging a folder from the right-hand pane in Windows Explorer (Vista Business) to a different folder in the left-hand 'Folders' pane and every time I try this, Explorer stops working and re-starts. If I copy and paste the folders it doesn't seem to cause this problem, although even then, I have to twice in the new folder - the first 'Paste' instruction never...
December 5th 09 05:43 PM
by mabelef Go to last post
4 347
Where can i get a vista ISO by Guinelle1
i need to make a new windows disc to reinstall i have legal windows key i dont have the disc because someone installed ubuntu on this pc and i dont have the discs to install. where can i find a UNTOUCHED home premium iso. that actually has seeders??!? i also am installing a 2nd hard drive in my pc and i cant find the jumper on the drive to set it to slave.. --
December 5th 09 03:14 PM
by philo[_2_] Go to last post
6 339
32 bit to 64bit by JBrown
Will 32 bit software work on a 64 bit system running Windows 7 64 bit? Thank you,
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 5th 09 04:52 AM
by Frank-FL Go to last post
12 533
need this answered faster than on other forum by Debbie Graham[_3_]
I have win 7 home premium 64 bit. Just got the laptop and all of a sudden when I right click on desktop and choose either personalize or screen resolution it just hangs, the cursor just shows as being busy and you can't click on anything else on the desktop. If I end process of the dllhost.exe *32 the busy cursor stops but still no personalize page or screen resolution. I asked this on a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 5th 09 03:05 AM
by Frank[_84_] Go to last post
18 539
Password reset is not saved by Gordon Biggar
I am using Vista Home Premium (32-bit) in a guest operating system (VMware; host is Vista 64-bit). I am receiving a Windows notification that my password is about to expire. Even though I change and save the password successfully, the next time that I log on I receive the same message. And , I have to go back to the original password, since the one that I changed to is not recognized. Any...
December 5th 09 02:40 AM
by Gordon Biggar[_2_] Go to last post
4 324
Vista Windows Update - the page failed to load - After Defender Update by DaDD[_3_]
Windows update shows "the page failed to load" on both my laptop running Home Premium and desktop running Ultimate yesterday after being prompted that Defender update was available. The last update both machines did was a Defender update earlier that day or the previous day. Restoring from a backup previous to the first update solves the problem. Is the Defender update causing this? ...
December 5th 09 01:49 AM
by briguy8971 Go to last post
8 1,338
Spain’s debt “brutally negative” said Economy Minister.... by Frank[_84_]
Enjoy! I know I did! http://www.barcelonareporter.com/index.php?/news/comments/spains_debt_brutally_negative_said_economy_minister/
December 5th 09 01:39 AM
by webster72n Go to last post
1 319
dvd writer keeps disappearing Do this. by FunkyMagic
It might seem a bit off the wall, but if your DVD drive goes missing, try putting your desktop to sleep and then waking up again. This works for me.
December 5th 09 01:34 AM
by Gene E. Bloch Go to last post
2 302
Frank's Ignorant Statement of the Day by Alias[_55_]
"Spain is a third world country". LOL! Spain is the ninth richest country in the world and would be rated eighth if Italy didn't count its submerged economy. Alias
December 5th 09 12:10 AM
by Mr. Arnold Go to last post
7 285
Windows Vista upgrade to Windows 7 - language issue by Franz Verga
Hi all, I have a laptop bought in 2007 with Vista Home Premium version OEM in Italian. Now I live in Berlin and I saw in a shopfron a big chain theWindow 7 Home Premium Upgrade for only 89 €, instead of 129 €. But my worry is the following: with this upgrade, I will be able to chose the language, in order to have the OS in Italian, or it will be only in
December 4th 09 11:06 PM
by whs[_8_] Go to last post
8 330
Discussion Group access via IE8 is slow by Don
Access to all of your discussion groups, not just m.p.w.v.g is generally sluggish. I've been using the groups for several years, and the responsiveness of opening posts or replys or switching between posts is something less than desirable. I hope that you can make your discussion group systems a little faster in the coming months. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft,...
December 4th 09 07:43 PM
by Don Go to last post

From The