Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
NVIDIA tray ICON not available by kreg
From what I read searching google, the little NVIDIA tray icon that works for XP, does not work for Vista even though the process is running and its start up is in the autorun location for vista.. It just does not appear. This tray icon is a DLL, and I cannot launch it manually... does anyone know a work-around? Some only suggest that I should use a 3rd
June 8th 08 10:43 AM
by solon fox Go to last post
2 358
Missing desktop, taskbar, task manager, start menu by AlanTuring
So basically, a few weeks after i got Vista i tried to install Stellarium (freeware astronomy program), which crashed my computer. I restarted, and after typing in my password I get "My Documents" open on a black screen, nothing else, no taskbar or desktop icons or anything. When i try to open the "taskbar and start menu" icon in Control Panel, nothing happens. Also, when I Ctrl-Alt-Del the...
June 8th 08 09:25 AM
by AlanTuring Go to last post
5 356
Wi-Fi Connectivity issues by Vince
Trying to help someone with Vista Home Premium that is having issues getting on the internet with Wi-Fi. I tried connecting this machine to more than one known working router with a highspeed connection in more than one network. When the computer is plugged into either router with a cat 5 cable the computer pulls an IP from the router and can browse the internet without any issues at all.
June 8th 08 08:44 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
3 461
Help with lost account by Wizard
I just did a reinstall/(upgrade) of windows Vista Business and now I no longer have access to my account The account was a (real) administrator account (net user Administrator /active:yes) Renamed to "John". All of the stuff is there under users but I can not gain access to it (access denied). The net "user Administrator /active:yes" command no longer works; the error comes back as account not...
June 8th 08 07:29 AM
by izehacker Go to last post
3 325
BSOD scheduled tv recording by craig
when it wakes up to record it dies and recording were corrupt once too use to work before sp1 up dates WHY? -- craig
June 8th 08 06:38 AM
by craig Go to last post
0 348
windows explorer selections by Tomasko
When I open Windows Explorer and select a file, I can not see enough contrast between a selected file and files that are not selected. Is there a setting that will allow me to change the colors of selected files? Maybe it is my machine, and maybe my eyes aren;t like they use to be. I hope i just need to change a setting. thanks
June 8th 08 06:15 AM
by Rachel[_2_] Go to last post
3 386
Front Page 2002 by Shawn[_2_]
-- I just got a new computer from Dell Inspiron 1720. With Microsoft Vista Business Version 6.0.6001 I think we ve worked out most of the problems except for FrontPage. I m using Version 2002 to update our website. Since converting to the new computer, every time I try to upload a hyperlink to a file, FrontPage shuts down! It works fine on my old computer, but it closes...
June 8th 08 04:05 AM
by Andrew Murray[_5_] Go to last post
3 428
Windows Update Error 80072EFD by Patrick Schmid [MVP]
I just upgraded my tablet to Vista Ultimate. Everything seems to work fine besides Windows Update. I just cannot get it to work. I keep getting the 80072EFD error. I followed the steps outlined in the help article as well as the KB (836941). I even tried the guided help from that KB. Just no luck. BITS is loading automatically as well. I have Windows Live OneCare, but the firewall is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 8th 08 04:04 AM
by pepsipatti Go to last post
11 449
Anyone understand betting on horses? by markritter150
On Jun 7, 9:44*pm, " bozak" wrote: "mochaspresso" wrote in ... On Jun 7, 7:26 pm, " * * * bozak" wrote: "mochaspresso" wrote in ...
June 8th 08 03:51 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
1 319
Bootsect.bak by aa
To restore the Vista MBR after installing an pre-Vista Windows one needs to run Bootsect.exe which is said to reside on Vista installation DVD. My HP Pavilion computer arrived with Vista preinstalled with no DVD but with a partition on HD with some recovery files on it. No Bootsect.exe among them. At the same time there is a file called Bootsect.bak ( 8 K in size) in the root of C drive. Is...
June 8th 08 02:35 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
6 355
The XP group is just as busy as Vista by Rachel[_2_]
All you Vista bashers now need to turn into Windows bashers. Vista's reliability is going up while XP is going down.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 8th 08 02:24 AM
by Not Me Go to last post
49 1,220
Com-port in use by Gus
I get an error message after an internet connection via a telephone line (after closing the connection). The fax-program (Snappy Fax) says 'Com port in use'. After a restart of Vista the problem is gone. Is there someone with a solution ? Thanks, Gus
June 8th 08 02:23 AM
by Nonny Go to last post
1 306
Email from friend (attachment) is unable to be opened and/or viewe by GRITSandSLUTS
My sister-in-law sends me stuff that comes HMTL; and she'll send me an email...but when it comes it is blank...or it'll show that it has an attachment; but everything has a name with .dat @ the end of it. I can't get them to open; I've repeatedly told her that I cannot view anything she is sending me and have asked if she is using a new program or a new computer. This is most frustrating...
June 8th 08 01:54 AM
by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM Go to last post
1 295
Window Explorer, Start Menu by Barnnie
Anyway I can change windows explorer to open at the local disc "c" with out going through 'computer", etc.? Whenever I delete an item from the start button, it is back next time I power up. Anything I can do or live with it? Thanks, Barnnie
June 8th 08 01:15 AM
by Barnnie Go to last post
4 359
auto play isn't there by Richard
I open my computer and right mouse click on DVD drive and go to prosperities and there is only 5 tabs and the auto play is missing. So my LG DVD won't boot up an auto play. So if my computer crasher I won't be able to put in my Vista DVD and boot up to fix it. Anyone knows anything about this? I put a Emprex DVD in and it boots up auto play where I can click on the auto play and go from...
June 8th 08 12:41 AM
by Karl Snooks Go to last post
7 429
Windows Vista workplace frustration clip by TheGuy[_2_]
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ggpq5mRdxaY
June 8th 08 12:15 AM
by Canuck57 Go to last post
8 426
Name for Win7 by measekite
Soon it will be time to name Windows 7 since Vista flunked out. Now if Win 7 is bloated and eats ram then we can name it Oink.
June 8th 08 12:08 AM
by Not Me[_2_] Go to last post
5 351
Time out of internet connection by BarrieB
My internet connection keeps timing out after twenty minutes. How do I change this to a longer period before auto time out?
June 7th 08 11:42 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 381
Sub-domain accounts on Outlook 2007 with Vista by Vista_Headache
When using sub-domain accounts via 3rd party inquiries, my basic name that is registered with my ISP always shows. How can I prevent that, any clues? Never had this before Vista, such as XP Pro. Thanks for any clues!
June 7th 08 11:21 PM
by Vista_Headache Go to last post
0 310
The 10 Dumbest Mistakes Fanboys Keep Making by Clear Windows
you can whine all you like you moron, but that wont change your IQ. We all know you are stupid and that you reach the lowest level that any primate could reach (all monkeys included)... we are just having fun making fun of you.. that's all we had duck season, deer season, and now we have frank season.... the first 2 are eatable, the last one if you even smell it you would throw up.. but it...
June 7th 08 11:16 PM
by Clear Windows Go to last post

From The