Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
upgrade by sammi
i want to reformat my laptop. it originally had xp but i upgraded to vista home premium, if i reformat, can i use the vista upgrade again? on the box it says one installation on one pc. anyone shed any light for me :)
June 7th 08 10:52 PM
by HeyBub Go to last post
6 524
Locking Desktop Icons by ChuckN
Is it possible to Lock desktop icon locations in Vista?
June 7th 08 09:26 PM
by ChuckN Go to last post
1 429
Bluetooth BtBallon File Missing by Midcon07
After installing a Bluetooth device from IOGEAR I no longer have my Bluetooth working on my computer from the tray although my Bluetooth keyboard and mouse still work. At bootup Windows advises that BtBallon was not found and it closes the Bluetooth program. Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 -- Midcon07
June 7th 08 09:15 PM
by Midcon07 Go to last post
0 423
What Anti Virus? by Denise[_4_]
Hi, can someone please advise of a good free anti virus program that runs well with Vista Home Premium. I downloaded the bought version 8.0 and began having problems with the computer lagging, and generally slow all over, not thinking it was AVG, I checked every other possible issue that I thought may be causing it. Eventually it lead to AVG, as things had been good prior to installation. I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 7th 08 09:05 PM
by Denise[_4_] Go to last post
12 1,067
Acronis TrueImage vs Norton Ghost by Lou
This note it intended to assist those who wish to use either of the subject programs in the same fashion I do. I have extensive experience with Acronis version 10, initial release and build 9042 and version 11 build 8035. Also experienced with Norton Ghost version 10 and version 12. Both products are good. I choose not to use the Acronis products because executing scheduled backup tasks...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 7th 08 09:00 PM
by Twayne[_3_] Go to last post
14 891
Address Books and Contact Lists by GRITSandSLUTS
I use my IP to check my emails 1st; once I open the program my emails get 'dumped' into my email program(s) which are Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 and "IncrediMail". HOWEVER; NONE of the 3 have the same 'email addresses' listed in them. Do I have to go into each and 're-type' or 'type' the ones that are missing or possibly changed or incorrect? Please be specific. I go to my IP to check...
June 7th 08 08:50 PM
by Nonny Go to last post
8 666
ie 8 by ALEXIOS GOUTSOULAS
can someone tell me when will the new ie8 will be a final release?
June 7th 08 08:47 PM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post
9 715
hardware id by popout
i downloadloaded vista drivers for a dsl usb modem and began install per wizard supplied. It's okay until it gets to installing the hardware -plugging it in results in a windows message "Hardware id is missing- windows does not recognise the device." This message will not go away and the installation is unable to continue. How do I stop the message so installation can finish? (Vista Home...
June 7th 08 08:37 PM
by Gordon Go to last post
1 440
Vista SP1 removed the Search shortcut from the Start Panel by renegade
I sent the foolowing message to Microsoft - Message: Microsoft removed the Search button from the Start panel for Vista in SP1. This is a great disservice for your users. You may believe the alternate approaches are sufficient, but you are SO VERY WRONG when it comes to the average user. I do not care what your reasons or excuse are, you are still WRONG and it was a thoughtless mistake.You...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 7th 08 08:34 PM
by Dave Go to last post
13 742
How many processors will vista take.... by Steve Thompson[_2_]
How many processor will Vista take advantage of? I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate. Will it handle 8 processors? or 2 quad processors? Thanks, Steve
June 7th 08 08:25 PM
by Steve Thompson[_2_] Go to last post
7 476
Vista Problem. Please help! by Bankzy108
I have Windows Vista Home Premium Edition. My desktop and toolbar/start menu have gone missing. When I start my computer it comes on with the login screen as normal. After I log in the screen goes black and My Documents loads but the screen stays black. I can still use my laptop, but I have no desktop or start menu at all. All I have is My Documents, and from there I can access everything by...
June 7th 08 08:10 PM
by Bruno[_2_] Go to last post
2 414
What tells files "THIS IS VISTA"? by UnknownTBeast
I know this seems totally absurd but really, what tells files that the OS you are running is Vista Home Prem. or Ultimate? I know there entries in the HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion in the registry and from what Carey Frisch told me that sysinfo32 gets its info from some weird file in the %SystemRoot%System32WbemRepository folder that I can only open in a text...
June 7th 08 07:33 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
4 502
Boot up Problems by Richard
I just built a new computer, it seems to have boot up problems: blank screen, nothing showing on display, the hard drive light flickers once and that is it, however after pressing the reset button, everything boots up fine and windows runs OK. This happens about 50% of the time, I don't think it is windows issue because this happened when there was no operating system on the hard drive. I...
June 7th 08 07:08 PM
by Nepatsfan Go to last post
3 483
The Linux Advocate's Dream Girl !!! by Moshe Goldfarb.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-Irs1ewDoM You gotta listen to this.... Roy Schestowitz with a little redneck thrown in for good measure... And who says Linux advocates can't get dates!! But, like most Linux advocates, this guy is CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEP !
June 7th 08 06:56 PM
by 7 Go to last post
9 645
toolbar by Kevin P
recently, i have been unable to look at certain aspects of my toolbar. everytime i pass over my clock, battery meter or network status bar and try to preview them, windows explorer shuts down and has to restart. ive run numerous system restores and they all have failed, as well as security sweeps and nothing seems to be able to find the problem. if anyone can help me, please tell me, thank...
June 7th 08 06:46 PM
by Kevin P Go to last post
0 452
Overnight backing up files still incomplete by LisaHS
Hi there. I am burning backup disks for my Acer Aspire M5620 which uses Home Premium 32 bit OS. I opted to back up everything since it was my first backup after owning it for 6 months. It has been working on disk 11 for 12 hours with no end in sight! It continues to say Copying files to E:\ . There is movement in the bar which implies something is actually going on, but the bar never moves one...
June 7th 08 06:45 PM
by Cameron Snyder Go to last post
1 407
shifted cursor in Vista makes navigation difficult by BrainyBear
Ok, here's a problem I haven't seen anyone ask about: when I bought a new machine with Vista on it, I immediately noticed that I was having trouble clicking exactly on the point I wanted. That is, the location where the cursor is clicking on is not the point of the cursor arrow, and this is even more noticeable when it's the pointer-hourglass combination -- the location it's pointing to is...
June 7th 08 06:29 PM
by BrainyBear Go to last post
2 409
windows Dvd maker by king
After "Add pictures and video to the DVD" I cant go to "netx".every time stop working this programs.
June 7th 08 06:28 PM
by On Request Go to last post
1 407
Vista Wins Again ! by HeyBub
wrote: Google search: "Vista Sucks" about 3,120,000 for vista sucks. "XP Sucks" about 550,000 for XP sucks "Apple Sucks" about 342,000 for Apple Sucks "Ubuntu Sucks" about 340,000 for Ubuntu Sucks Comments? "Vista wonderful" - 3,980,000
June 7th 08 06:26 PM
by Unknown Go to last post
7 536
Windows Explorer... by Barnnie
Is there any way to make Windows Explorer open to Local Disc "C" with out having to go through "computer" every time? One mo When ever I delete an item from the "start" menu, it is back next time I power up. Is this normal for VHP? Thanks, Barnnie
June 7th 08 05:40 PM
by Barnnie Go to last post

From The