Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Error Code 10110 DriverFrameworks -Usermod by BubbyRobinson
I am trying to install a program from a cd and half way through it crashes and I get the above message, can anyone help will post the message and more info if needed. Thanks
May 31st 07 02:17 PM
by BubbyRobinson Go to last post
0 559
Internet connection delays with Vista - a possible solution by Bob G
I don't know if this can be of help to anyone. I had a connection delay of 5 minutes with Vista Home Premium on cold boot or on wakeup from hibernation. Drove me crazy - spent hours on the phone with HP (what a waste!). Finally one day I turned Windows Firewall off and, presto!, immediate connection. Now as soon as I wake up the computer, I turn off Windows Firewall, wait one second, turn it on...
May 31st 07 02:25 PM
by mikeyhsd Go to last post
2 318
Uninstalling Programs Problem by vistarocks93
I just got a brand new laptop with Vista on it. Been using it for couple of weeks. Love it. I was able to install/ uninstall programs w/o a prob. But then suddenly, when I went to the uninstall function from the control panel, it didn't display all my programs. It just displayed like 20 different types of Microsoft Office 07 and Catalyst Control center and a couple of other programs. I...
May 31st 07 02:36 PM
by mikeyhsd Go to last post
2 339
Bye Bye Vista - Hello SUSE! by PerfectReign
Okay, just for everyone's knowledge, Vista has this annoying habit of asking if I want to save a password. On my sites, I have several with similar domains and differnt passwords. Vista mucks them up. This - plus an annoying habit of locking up on a regular basis - decided me that I'd just simply go with SUSE 10.2 and create a VMWare XP machine. So, last night I painlessly installed 10.2 on my...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 31st 07 02:44 PM
by §ñühw¤£f Go to last post
61 1,089
How to disable the built-in zip folder feature in Vista by Smartkid
Hi, The zipflder feature slows windows explorer when list the content of a directory that contains lots of zip files. I tried "regsvr32 /u zipfldr.dll" as I did for Windows XP but got an error message: "The module zipfldr was loaded but the entry-point DllUnregisterServer was not found. Make sure that zipfldr is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 31st 07 03:00 PM
by brink Go to last post
10 501
Saving in Word 2007 by Kevin
Is there a setting that I have to change? I create Word doc's and save them to a remote server by typing in the address in the save as text box. It connects to the server just like normal I enter my username and password and navigate to the folder I want and save it in. This worked fine with the previous version of Word. Now since installing Word 2007 I have had problems. It tries to...
May 31st 07 03:14 PM
by Kevin Go to last post
0 312
iTunes blocked by JR Hubbard
"The file was blocked because it does not have a valid digital signature that verifies its publisher" The file is from Apple and has a certificate, so how do I install this program?
May 31st 07 03:37 PM
by JR Hubbard Go to last post
0 322
Vista USB Performance by phunkymunky
Howdy All, Just done a full reinstall of Vista Home Premium. Everything was working fine, just wanted to go back to a clean slate. However.... Since reinstalling, and setting up my Wireless Desktop 7000 kit, the mouse is fubar'd. It seems to start off ok, then it stutters like crazy after a while. I have tried to download the Reliability update for USB stack in Windows
May 31st 07 03:46 PM
by originalstarlite Go to last post
4 304
Is a restart a clean restart by Extracampine
I have noticed recently that when I restart my PC running Vista, on entering windows again, the same file explorer windows that I had open before are still open. Is this normal activity? I thought a restart meant just that, and not a "continue". I did not click the hibernate button by mistake ! Any thoughts? Dan
May 31st 07 03:58 PM
by Jimmy Brush Go to last post
1 293
My little misfortunes with Vista Ultimate by javier
I have an old Dell Dimension 8200 (original P4 2.26Ghz, 512MB Rambus RAM, nvidia GeForce4 Ti 4200 64MB, 2 HD one 80GB and one 60GB), bought in Aug 2002 with WinXP Pro. Suddenly I realized that I would like to test drive Vista Ultimate so I was getting prepared, one month ago I bought a new 80 GB hard drive to replace my older primary one, with eBay helps I could find 1GB of hard to find...
May 31st 07 04:09 PM
by Dana Cline - MVP Go to last post
7 286
Re Ashampoo by Basil
"MICHAEL" wrote in message ... You have to register. The site says it is Vista compatible. I have not installed, yet. I offer no claims as to its reliability. However, I have seen numerous folks say they like it. http://www.ashampoo.com/frontend/registration/php/trial_step1.php?session_langid=2&edition_id=2805 ...
May 31st 07 04:11 PM
by Basil Go to last post
0 301
Files will not show on desktop when pasted to desktop by Aunt Murry
I'm have Vista home basic. Whenever I copy a file from any directory or location, and then perform a paste command to the desktop, the file does not appear on the desktop. If I repeat the paste command, Vista tells me that the file allready exists on the desktop and asks me if I want to replace it. If I then reboot my computer- the pasted file appears- albeit somewhat hidden because its...
May 31st 07 04:27 PM
by Aunt Murry Go to last post
6 279
Uninstalling programs in Vista by Britep
Could not completly remove Mozilla Thunderbird thru the control panel. I tried from "all programs" also. Thunderbird is still somewhere, but I cant find what is holding it. Should I use the "helper.exe", which appears be be the uninstaller, and what would be the proper order/method for removing programs? -- Britep
May 31st 07 04:43 PM
by Britep Go to last post
0 225
two user accounts for one user by LeoBai
I am thinking Windows should have two different privilege user account for one user. One account will be a limited privilege account and is used to browser the web and get Emails. the other account should have administrator privileges. Two account only needs one time logging in. In order to access two accounts simultaneously( no logging off, or switch involved), there should ...
May 31st 07 04:45 PM
by Jimmy Brush Go to last post
2 369
Visual Studio asks permission by Erictyle Dysfunction
I have two PC's with Vista Ultimate. About 4 months ago, on the first PC, I installed Visual Studio 2005 on it. When I double-click the Icon to run Visual Studio, it just opens up. Last week, I installed Vista Ultimate on a new PC. I also installed Visual Studio on the new PC. When I double-click the Icon to run Visual Studio, the UAC pops up and says the program needs permission to...
May 31st 07 05:12 PM
by Jimmy Brush Go to last post
1 213
Did Microsoft ever fix KB931768 ? by [email protected]
This is the update that destroys Internet Explorer on some systems rendering IE7 unusable. Did Microsoft ever fix this screwed up update (so I can turn automatic updates back on), or is this update still being pushed, killing computers without warning? ----------------------------------------------------------- Posted using Android Newsgroup Downloader: .......
May 31st 07 05:34 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
5 267
Vista RDP client / connecting to Win2K TS by Michael Gould
When I try to connect to a Win2K server using the Vista RDP client I get a message box telling me that it is trying to connect to a older version and the default to continue is set to no. Is there anyway to either get rid of this message (as I always want to connect) or set the default to "Continue" Best Regards, Michael Gould
May 31st 07 05:47 PM
by Michael Gould Go to last post
2 226
If Restaurants functioned like Microsoft.... by Ben Dover
If Restaurants functioned like Microsoft.... If restaurants functioned like shrink-wrapped (Microsoft) softwa Patron: Waiter! Waiter: Hi, my name is Bill, and I'll be your Support Waiter. What seems to be the problem? Patron: There's a fly in my soup! Waiter: Try again, maybe the fly won't be there this time. Patron: No, it's still there. Waiter: Maybe it's the way you're using the soup; try...
May 31st 07 06:19 PM
by Jimmy Brush Go to last post
7 270
Multi monitors by punypowr1
I have a toshiba laptop with an external monitor connected, i have it set to extend the destop and it works fine, but when I try to do a dual screen background it copies it on both screens and wont stretch it. any help would be great
May 31st 07 06:35 PM
by smileyrob Go to last post
1 211
Blocked Pictures in Windows Explorer by bphata
Hi, I'm an old photographer, I just upgraded to a new Gateway with Windows Vista. When I click on Windows Explorer I get a message telling me "pictures blocked", how do I get windows vista to allow me to view photos in explorer.
May 31st 07 07:27 PM
by bphata Go to last post

From The