Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Folder question by Gordon
What is the folder C:\Programdata? How does it differ from C:\Program Files?
June 7th 08 08:44 AM
by Synapse Syndrome[_2_] Go to last post
3 393
E:/ drive (cd) by Boswell
How can i copy from my E:/driver to my c:/ drive ."Like files that i have save in a cd" -- Boswell
June 7th 08 08:30 AM
by Synapse Syndrome[_2_] Go to last post
4 379
Web fonts displaying larger by Jonny Stephens
I'm building a web site for a client who uses Vista. Mysteriously, his system is displaying web fonts at a slightly larger size. He's using Explorer 7, text size is set to medium and zoom to 100% and the specified font families are all present. I've run comparisons with Explorer 7 on my own XP system and other Vista boxes, and all display the correct text size. Has anyone else encountered this,...
June 7th 08 08:19 AM
by Jonny Stephens Go to last post
2 361
Vista Wins Again ! by vishhiita prime
hey moron just because I make fun of you in every single post I post, doesnt mean you own me... It means that you are so incredibly stupid that I love kicking your ars "Frank" wrote in message ... Clear Windows wrote: --------------------------------------
June 7th 08 07:53 AM
by vishhiita prime Go to last post
0 374
Windows Aero Is missing from Windows Vista x84 Ultimate Edition by Prem Soni
Dear All, I am not able to find windows aero theme in under color scheme while i am using the same version of windows in my office and windows aero is there. Pls let me know how can i get windows aero in my home PC Regards, Prem Soni
June 7th 08 07:40 AM
by Not Me Go to last post
7 440
expanding utube on vista by b
When I expand on-line video like utube the screen goes solid black/white diagonally. Any suggestions? I tried changing display to 800x600 but still does it???
June 7th 08 06:47 AM
by b Go to last post
2 393
Vista troubles by L. Love
As I've rarely had trouble with Vista that I couldn't fix myself(although, I've had my fair share of trouble generally) I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but, nonetheless, I shall. Over the last several days certain programs, such as Windows DVD Maker and The Sims 2 have refused to work properly. Both shut down without any obvious reason for doing so (They were the only programs...
June 7th 08 06:37 AM
by L. Love Go to last post
2 360
Vista shutdown by M.Butzin[_2_]
Hello all and thanks for the replies! When you click start and intend to shut down by default I get "sleep" instead of shut down. How to I change this to shut down instead of sleep? It's a HP Pavilion laptop if that makes a difference. Cheers, Marc B
June 7th 08 05:29 AM
by highrisk Go to last post
1 360
another nice thing about vista. by Doc Martian
it doesn't try and boot from my iPod! Cheers! Doc
June 7th 08 05:23 AM
by Doc Martian Go to last post
0 361
video but no sound by mcali
so i imported my videos from my digital camara and the are on there fine. i go to play them and there is no sound. what can i do? i tried making a movie but the sound was not there. help me please.
June 7th 08 05:09 AM
by mcali Go to last post
4 374
IE 7 in Windows Vista won't open links by Gloria
When I click on a link, I get the window which says "Locate Link Browser." IE won't take me to the page.
June 7th 08 04:50 AM
by Ramesh, MS-MVP[_2_] Go to last post
3 334
Removal of icons from search results by MSM
I have a Windows Vista in my Dell laptop. A curious thing happened when I was looking for a movie file, for example, *.mpeg in the search box in the c:/ drive. And it came up with icons of my old mpeg videos that I deleted earlier. Even when you expand the icons to see the picture of the video you can see it but deleting will give me a message that says it's no long in that file location...
June 7th 08 04:47 AM
by Ramesh, MS-MVP[_2_] Go to last post
1 348
Unable Send Page or Link in IE7 by stu gotzo[_2_]
Both are grayed out. tia, stu Vista Ultimate sp1
June 7th 08 04:44 AM
by Ramesh, MS-MVP[_2_] Go to last post
4 438
Help removing Corel paiint shop pro photo x2 TRIAL by Iceschlie
I loaded this trial version onto my vista 64 computer. When i uninstall or remove this program ALL of my shortcuts to launch programs do not work anymore. WOW, Adobe Elements, ventrilo, CCleaner. And when I go into their folders to launch, there is not program to launch from. So, How did this trial version get so deep into my computer that is is ruining my already established programs? ...
June 7th 08 03:53 AM
by tigersquall Go to last post
2 367
The 10 Dumbest Mistakes Fanboys Keep Making by Donald L McDaniel[_5_]
On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 12:26:58 -0700, Frank wrote: Clear Windows wrote: Frank is champion in those 10 stupid things.. because he is the champion of stupids -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Lets see...I've now got 17 installs (counting home and office) of Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 (x32 & x64) running properly for business and...
June 7th 08 03:03 AM
by Adam Albright Go to last post
2 537
Cant' Access USB External Drives by eeg0323
The 2 USB drives I have (one Maxtor One Touch and one WD external) worked fine until last week when I upgraded to SP1. The drives show up in My Computer and under Disk Management they show as Healthy (Active, Primary Partition) with drive letters X and V. I show no errors under Device Manager. When I double click on one of them from My Computer I get an error message "Windows cannot access...
June 7th 08 02:14 AM
by eeg0323 Go to last post
2 443
Can Vista keep the history of files within a folder? by Max2006
Hi, Can Vista keep the history of files within a folder? Thank you, Max
June 7th 08 02:00 AM
by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM Go to last post
6 556
Host Process for Windows Services has stopped working by ajd007
Every once in a while, I get a message that says the host process for windows services has stopped working. It doesn't occur everytime I start up my computer and it just started appearing a couple days ago. The problem details are listed below: *problem signatu *problem event name: bex application name: svchost.exe application version: 6.0.6001.18000 application timestamp: 47918b89
June 7th 08 01:55 AM
by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM Go to last post
1 414
Vista Wallpaper always changes to black after restart by Guiwells
Hello, I have Windows Vista Ultimate. Every time I restart my Windows my Wallpaper changes to a black color wallpaper, I change it and after restart it goes black again. Why is this happening, how can I make the one I choose stay? Best Regards, -- Memo Sanchez Altatec de Occidente
June 7th 08 01:48 AM
by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM Go to last post
1 363
BSOD and Dump Files by Iain[_3_]
I'm having an ongoing problem since: 1) SP1 upgrade 2) Graphics Driver Upgrade SP1 installation via Windows Update appeared to install flawlessly a couple of weeks ago and didn't notice any problems afterward. However, a couple of days later I installed the latest Video graphics driver that was downloaded direct from Intel's download site. I noticed problems almost immediately after and...
June 7th 08 01:22 AM
by Muskyman Go to last post

From The