Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Only the best for Olympics 2008 XP not Vista by Tiberius
No Vista for 2008 Beijing Olympics Thank God... The Olympics will happen! lol http://zdnetasia.com/news/hardware/0,39042972,62016737,00.htm
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 31st 07 09:59 PM
by Columbo Go to last post
23 424
Spy Sweeper Software disc by NJ Don
Had circuit city download on my new laptop spy sweeper along with norton and the set-up...Now after setting up spy sweeper to run 3 a.m., it is still popping up & knocking me off-line or off window using. How can I stop this ??? Don
May 31st 07 10:09 PM
by NJ Don Go to last post
0 211
Why " " by John Eastwell
Is it my settings ? Why are so many of the replies to messages come up as ... rather than as appearing as part of an existing thread?
May 31st 07 10:15 PM
by KristleBawl Go to last post
1 310
Help with any of the following...? (xposted) by Julian
DVD burning: (RW disk used) So, I drop some files and say burn... off goes Vista and then the window disappears never to return despite disk activity... And nothing happens. A balloon pops up saying I have files to write "Click here..." and nothing happens when I do. And when I try to eject the disk it says files are in use, but offers to allow me to Continue - which will "close all files",...
May 31st 07 10:34 PM
by Julian Go to last post
7 234
Ashampoo for free by MICHAEL
You have to register. The site says it is Vista compatible. I have not installed, yet. I offer no claims as to its reliability. However, I have seen numerous folks say they like it. http://www.ashampoo.com/frontend/registration/php/trial_step1.php?session_langid=2&edition_id=2805 Request for a FREE full version key without limitations for the program: Ashampoo® Burning Studio 6 (F_vnu_gb)...
May 31st 07 10:48 PM
by MICHAEL Go to last post
2 257
Windows Media Player Videos by
I have recorded a couple of programs via Windows Media Centre on Vista Ultimate I want to find these videos through the normal interface as I want to trim the videos before I burn them to disc. Can anyone tell me where I can find these recorded videos. Thanks for helping Alan
May 31st 07 11:31 PM
by Go to last post
2 231
Uninstalling StyleXP after upgrade corrupts icons by Jack Tripper
BUG: Icons in Windows Vista become corrupt after uninstalling StyleXP from an upgrade of Windows XP. Article ID : 321964* Last Review : May 30, 2007 Revision : 1.0 SUMMARY Assuming StyleXP was installed on Windows XP system prior to a Windows Vista
May 31st 07 11:50 PM
by Jack Tripper Go to last post
3 269
Corrupt/Missing Icons by Jack Tripper
Many icons are invalid or missing. In Explorer, the icons for: Computer Public Floppy Disk Drive (A:) (D:) (G:) (S:) are all the Windows default icon.
May 31st 07 11:51 PM
by Jack Tripper Go to last post
5 325
Multiple Application Data Folders - Why & How by Paul In Alaska
I have run into a bit of a problem. I ran my weekly Spy Sweeper scan today and it was taking way too long - over 6 hours. I saw it was running the scan on the Application Data folder under my user name. Upon further investigation I found many Application Data folders under the Application Data folder, approximately 10. I recognize they are all short cuts or mapped folders. Yet there should...
June 1st 07 12:57 AM
by Jimmy Brush Go to last post
3 320
Office 2000 Compatability by L
I am considering buying a new laptop with Vista Home Premium. Will I be able to use Office 2000 or do I have to upgrade?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 1st 07 01:12 AM
by Frank Go to last post
17 351
Vista ignores manufacturer's drivers by OscarVogel
I'm trying to update the drivers for a PCI to Parallel port adapter. I downloaded & unzipped the Vista drivers from the MosChip website, I've tried every which way to get Vista to update the drivers, but it always ends up with the drivers that Vista automatically installed in the first place when I installed the card. I've tried uninstalling / reinstalling. When I point vista to the new...
June 1st 07 01:35 AM
by huwyngr Go to last post
2 242
Fuzzy System Fonts by Sam
Ok, here's a strange one... While looking through control panel I had found Magnifier and turned it on to see what it did. Ok, that's cute, turned it off. Then it started comming on everytime I rebooted. Took a while to find the Control Panel setting to permanetnly turn if off but I finally did it. I noticed however when magnifier was on the fonts were affected, as if the screen was being...
June 1st 07 02:26 AM
by NotMe Go to last post
2 341
Hanged in the middle of Logon Screen by Nav User
I have a remote desktop problem need to be resolved. I have used the Vista remote desktop in my company, I could showed the Logon screen and able access to the server. But, when I use it at home, system can show the remote desktop screen but it has been halt, no logon prompt available for me. Do anyone know why it happened ?
June 1st 07 03:24 AM
by Nav User Go to last post
0 243
It takes a day by Richard
Why does it take a day for my question to show up in my newsgroups on my home computer. This is the only newsgroup that I have a problem with. Does anyone know anything about this? Thanks Richard
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 1st 07 03:45 AM
by don't look Go to last post
12 461
Hardware change and activation!? by Dustin11
Hey there, I have this warning coming up that says I have to activate my Vista? I haven't changed anything to my knowledge, the only thing I can think of is putting in a new networking card about a month ago. Anyway, how do I activate it. I have a retail copy of Vista Premium. I tried to find a phone number but it just tell me I have to pay 60 bucks or something...I'm in Canada, I don't have...
June 1st 07 03:45 AM
by Justin Go to last post
1 208
vista on a dvd-r? by katinka
well i bought a computer that already had vista on it and the guy in the shop said that i had to put vista on a dvd-r to make sure i could re-install it when something went wrong but i have no idea how to do this can anyone help me out?! thanks
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 1st 07 03:59 AM
by Jonathan M. \TacticalSniper\ Boyko Go to last post
12 408
Saving downloaded pic's as screensavers by Wendy that''s Me
Hi out there. One of my favourite web sites is a site called web shots. They have some fantastic photo's of which I used to save as screen savers and then run them as a slide show screensaver. I no longer seem to have this option with Vista in right click or anywhere else when attempting to save them. One of the options is save as wallpaper but of course this is not what I want. Can anyone...
June 1st 07 04:12 AM
by MartyGold Go to last post
5 290
Saving docs as .pdf files by no spam
Hello, I have a new installation of Vista Home Premium. I also have Adobe Acrobat Pro installed. When I tried to save a web page (receipt) as a pdf file Vista won't let me save to the directory of my choosing. Instead a message comes up and says that I must contact the system adminitrator to do so. What is a simple way to authorize Vista to allow me to do this? It is a frequent...
June 1st 07 04:15 AM
by Super Sonic Go to last post
9 248
IE Protected Mode is still Off after resetting my IE settings by Elliot
How to explain that? UAC is turned on.
June 1st 07 04:52 AM
by Ramesh, MS-MVP Go to last post
5 235
Cant delete Control Panel Desktop Icon on Taskbar by joker
Hey, I just got Vista and my problem is that I have a Control Panel icon on taskbar beside other desktop icons but there is no Control Panel icon on desktop itself. I tried to delete the icon but after I delete it, it comes back again. I used PersonalizeChange Desktop Icons and checked/unchecked Control Panel and it only affects the desktop itself not the taskbar. Any idea how to get rid...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 1st 07 04:53 AM
by joker Go to last post

From The