Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
uninstal sql server by Aleks Kleyn
I instal on windows Vista 64bit sql server 2005. Now I have trouble to uninstall it. In remove progtam component sql server should have option uninstal. when i click it, it allows to remove all components of sql server. however this option is not available. what i can do? -- Aleks Kleyn http://www.geocities.com/aleks_kleyn
June 6th 08 02:06 AM
by Aleks Kleyn Go to last post
0 348
Vista SP1 & Mapped drive issue by Keith B. Rosenberg
We have a desktop (Ultimate) and a laptop (Business). The desktop has a shared folder that is accessed from the laptop. At seemingly random times the laptop suddenly cannot access the share on the desktop machine and so cannot save files back to their original locations. Whenever this happens the desktop needs to be rebooted to make it work again. Also nearly every time the desktop will never...
June 6th 08 01:52 AM
by Keith B. Rosenberg Go to last post
0 340
Problem with tech support by David F[_5_]
Hi, I have a case number for tech support for Windows Server 2008. The event but I they keep switching me to India and I have trouble hearing speech over background noise. Could I please get some North American technical support? Thanks, David 212-569-5695
June 6th 08 01:05 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
9 386
10 Things I Hate About Vista by Graham
Top 10 things I hate about Vista 10 - Dialog boxes keep popping up, even after I click "do not show me this message again" 9 - When I connect my digital camera, Vista automatically opens MS Word (??) and then tells me that "Word doesn't support this device" (!!) XP automatically opened my digital camera software (Zoom Browser) -- now that was smart.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 6th 08 12:29 AM
by Canuck57 Go to last post
27 706
Thankyou by Denise[_4_]
Hi, just wanted to say a big THANKYOU to all that take the time to read and answer the questions that are posted by people like me, who have come to the end of their tether with problems that are driving us to distraction. I now have a great Anti Virus installed that runs beautifully with Vista Home Premium and removed Webroot and replaced it with a more user friendly Spyware. My computer...
June 6th 08 12:19 AM
by Charlie Tame Go to last post
2 348
Error message DII by NL
i have downloaded a programme on a computer with xp and it works fine. i have tried to download the same programme on my laptop which has vista installed and I get the following error message when I try to open it. "C:\windows\system32\SYMEVENT.SYS. An installable Virtual Device Driver failed DII initialization". Any ideas on how I can fix this? -- NL
June 6th 08 12:08 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 370
Solution: Getting the Motorola PC850 Bluetooth dongle to work with windows vista by favian
There was a thread in this newsgroup about getting the PC850 to work with Windows Vista but it cannot be replied to with Google Groups. If you're using the driver cd the PC850 came with, or the driver download offered on motorola's website, it will not work period. Don't expect the generic drivers that vista automatically installs for the dongle to work within vista's proprietary bluetooth...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 5th 08 11:35 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
10 599
Directory Will Not Display File Names When Displaying Icons by mcl
1st I hate Vista but Home whatever came with it. Now I have one directory where when I display icons no filenames show....only icons. I tried creating another directory and moving the files. It didn't fix it. The other directories are fine. If I display details or list the names show up fine...same with tiles or list.
June 5th 08 10:26 PM
by mcl Go to last post
0 312
Short videos fanboys won't like, but everyone else will by Canuck57
"Adam Albright" wrote in message ... Short and sweet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ATeLDM1H4M&feature=related Why people say Vista sucks: (you'll laugh your ass off) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOh6Nh8w6f8 The truth:
June 5th 08 10:20 PM
by Canuck57 Go to last post
0 355
nuovo gruppo italiano by snk0232
come evidentemente si puo vedere sono solamente interventi in lingua inglese che vengono effettuati nei gruppi - mi chiedevo se esiste anche un gruppo Italiano dove condividere esperienze e porre domande-io sono qui - chiunque voglia parlarne -------by Snk0232-------
June 5th 08 09:43 PM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post
5 372
64 bit compatable by Bob
Does Streets and Trips 2008 work or compatable with Vista 64 bit
June 5th 08 09:34 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
5 371
Auto Play don't Work by Richard
I can't get Auto Play going. When I put in a DVD program, game, OS or a DVD which does have an auto play or which is bootable it just does nothing. I went into the Auto Play setting and check the box. I put all of them to default. Still don't work. How can I get a bootable DVD to boot?
June 5th 08 09:21 PM
by C.B.[_5_] Go to last post
1 315
USB hubs not recognised by Billericay Pete
I have 2 powered USB 2 hubs connected to my vista PC - neither are recognised - i.e. if i plug my printer/mp4 player/camera etc into the hubs my Pc does not realise they're there. There are 2 ports on the front of the PC and 3 at the back - it makes no difference where I plug the hubs in, they are not recognised. If i plug my printer/mp4 player/camera etc directly into 1 of the USB ports...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 5th 08 09:14 PM
by Billericay Pete Go to last post
12 608
Missing idlist file causing problems by Jordan
My computer has been acting up for two days. The taskbar and desktop appear and disappear randomly, taking with them any computer file I have up, like the Control Panel, or a Search, or whatever. I have attempted malware removal, virus and adware removal, and a sytem restore. Nothing works. I have to use the Task Manager to start programs. When I ask it to run something, though, a Windows...
June 5th 08 09:03 PM
by Jordan Go to last post
0 305
BACK UP FILES by k.kawul777
I want to back up files from my computer.Can I back up files (the lost pictures ) from my camera that is connect to my computer too?
June 5th 08 09:01 PM
by Patrick Keenan Go to last post
1 316
Loosing drive letter by DrTeeth
I create a partition in Vista using the simple partition wizard, formatting it and giving it a drive letter. The drive letter vanishes when the PC reboots and most of the options are grayed out. The only one not to be so is the option to convert the simple partition into a dynamic one. Any idea what is going on here? TIA
June 5th 08 08:58 PM
by DrTeeth Go to last post
3 331
Vista is Dead here comes Windows ME Too by Moshe, Goldfarb.
On Thu, 29 May 2008 09:52:11 -0400, Subway steel wrote: "Rex Ballard" wrote in message ... On May 28, 9:59 pm, Ian Hilliard wrote: quote Vista is Officially Dead Here Comes Windows 7 When Microsoft starts announcing Vapor-ware less than 18 months...
June 5th 08 08:51 PM
by Rex Ballard Go to last post
1 423
Vista Install - Joke? by Mike[_20_]
When you install Vista, you get to a point where you enter and user name, a pc name and set the background etc.. Immediately after it performs a performance profile and it asks you to wait. While you wait some messages display about the new features of Vista... The first line of the first message displayed reads.. "Time is precious" .... yet its asking you to wait while it checks your...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 5th 08 08:35 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
14 579
Where is the Program by Ed Mullikin
When I go to the Uninstall a Program screen, a program named "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable" is listed with a file size of 5.2 mb. Yet, I can't find such a program anywhere except on that screen. Any Ideas?
June 5th 08 08:16 PM
by Tom [Pepper] Willett[_2_] Go to last post
1 341
Vista SP1 broke Mobile Device Center syncronization by Awehring
After the installation of SP1 the synchronization of my smart-phone (Windows Mobil 6) with Outlook did not work anymore. The Synchronization Center said it is synchonizing, but it was not. I left it running for hours. I tried to fix it in small steps. 1st: delete partnership and create new one -- did not help. 2nd: repair the installation of the Mobile Device-Center via the...
June 5th 08 08:04 PM
by Awehring Go to last post

From The