Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Search in content for ASP files brings nothing by Alfgar
I read everything and saw lots of various problems but don't think this one is out there yet. Google around, searched the KB and this... Maybe I'm missing something truly basic I have a folder with various text, HTML and ASP file. I'm trying to find files containing a specific word - and I know of 3 files in there that do contain that word. Basically the search query is: datasource Tried:...
April 26th 07 05:40 AM
by Alfgar Go to last post
0 160
Can someone please help me with this problem by alfie112
Hi I've recently brought a Sony Vaio VGN-NS20E which came with window's Vista home basic Now the problem I have is that I recently got sent a installation CD for Ubuntu which is like windows XP and vista but is totally different and has it's own OS system. I installed it and didnt realise that Vista would be wiped off or maybe it's not I dont no. And now I dont want Ubuntu anymore and wanting...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 23rd 09 02:31 AM
by Gene E. Bloch Go to last post
51 937
error message by Alfonso
every time i go to open a windows doc i get the same error message" windows can't find the ,doc or powerpoint i then click ok and it opens up. Have been told to reinstall windows and save all my work which is a pain? any simpler ideas
June 1st 07 10:54 AM
by Mick Go to last post
1 236
vista home edition media centre by alfred
Since installing vista I am unable to use the media centre.Every time that I play a dvd and/or use any of the contols say pause-forward-back-next chapter white noise appears , drowning out the sound.Shutting down the media player does not stop the white noise . I have to shut down the computer and then restart . I do not have this problem with any other player including windows media player...
February 5th 08 09:43 PM
by alfred Go to last post
0 221
Black Screen by Alfred
I am using a new laptop, it's a HP dv2500 special edition. I use Windows Vista Home, my problem is when i come back to my pc whenever i am doing something else i move the mouse to get it out of the screensaver and the monitor goes blank as if i turn off my pc. That happens twice everytime i come back to my laptop when i am not on it. Is this a problem with Vista, because this happened with a...
February 19th 08 02:29 PM
by jimmiejay Go to last post
6 208
16-Bit program does not proper work by Alfred
We are still running a 16-Bit program with Access-DataBase. With XP it is stable - no problems. There is no installation, because all files needed are in program folder. I testet it on Vista Ultimate english version. - It ran quite good. - No problems! BUT on Vista Business chinese version it does not run stable. Especially in pop-up menus there are some additional lines with chinese text!
October 2nd 07 11:47 PM
by Andrew McLaren Go to last post
3 247
Problems with 16-Bit Program under Vista Business chinese by Alfred
We are still running a 16-Bit program with Access-DataBase. With XP it is stable - no problems. There is no installation, because all files needed are in program folder. I testet it on Vista Ultimate english version. - It ran quite good. - No problems! BUT on Vista Business chinese version it does not run stable. Especially in pop-up menus there are some additional lines with chinese text!
September 28th 07 10:51 AM
by Alfred Go to last post
0 315
Slow keyboard input by Alfred Hughey
The keyboard response for typing while in IE7 using vista is terriblely slow and if I don't slow my typing speed down to what would be 2 fingered typing it will miss 1/2 or more of my typing creating typos by the boatload. What am I missing or doing wrong, as it works just fine for mail, outlook, etc. just not IE. My old laptop does just fine using XP but this brand new HP using Athalon 64...
February 10th 07 06:11 PM
by Ed Stoddard Go to last post
1 257
Upgrade Coupon by Alfred Kaufmann
Has anyone that has the upgrade coupon received their Vista upgrade? Every time I check upgrade.Moduslink.com I find that my order has been validated but not shipped. :-(. I was sort of hoping to get it soon. Al
February 10th 07 04:41 PM
by Donald McDaniel Go to last post
5 298
Free Upgrade To Windows Vista? by Alfred Kaufmann
I build new computer systems and every so often I have enough spare parts left over, plus a few new parts to build myself a whole new computer system. I was going to wait until the release of Window Vista until I saw this ad, "Get a FREE upgrade to Windows Vista when you buy a qualifying copy of Wondows XP today. It goes on to show that if you buy XP Pro you get a free upgrade to Vista...
November 23rd 06 02:34 AM
by Coord Go to last post
8 246
V-day minus 12 by Alfred Kaufmann
For those loyal customers that bought XP with the upgrade coupon and dutifully followed all the right steps... does anyone know if the upgrade will be mailed on the release date or will we receive it on the release date? Al
January 20th 07 01:48 PM
by Alfred Kaufmann Go to last post
2 204
Can't rename ordelete a file by Alfred Kaufmann
I ran into a problem with Simply Accounting 2008 on a system running Vista 64bit. The solution provided on the Simply Accounting website is to rename (or delete) this file C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Ole DB\OLEDB32.DLL and then re-install the accounting program. Unfortunately *&^%$ Vista will not let me rename this file. I even tried safe mode without success. Is there some way I can...
November 11th 07 11:10 PM
by uvbogden Go to last post
4 197
Another Vista Upgrade Question by Alfred Kaufmann
I am running windows xp pro and I realize that if I go the upgrade route and want a clean install I would have to install windows xp pro first every time. However right now I am running a 32bit system and in the future I want to go with the 64bit Vista operating system. If I choose to upgrade to the Vista 32bit now will I be forever stuck in 32bit mode? Right now I am still not...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 30th 07 05:28 PM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
23 469
OEM Preinstallation Kit (OPK) by Alfred Kaufmann
I just discovered I need an OEM Preinstallation Kit in order to install the operating system software. In order to get this OPK you need to register as a PARTNER with Microsoft. If they want me as a partner I think they should put me on their payroll too. :-) Al
February 2nd 07 03:17 PM
by Alexander Suhovey Go to last post
3 189
Uninstalling Norton 2006 by Alfred Kaufmann
I just went through a Windows XP Home - Vista Home Premium upgrade and it went fairly smoothly with the exception of Norton Anti-virus. The instruction said to update your anti-virus program and then disable it while your are upgrading to Vista. (It should have said uninstall the anti-viris program) After the Vista upgradeit complained about Norton Anti-Virus 2006 and it recommended the...
February 2nd 07 05:39 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
9 272
File Association by Alfred Kaufmann
I just installed Vista Home Premium for an elderly lady and she gets easily confused. Relatives keep sending Power Point Shows, *.pps files, and Outlook Express will not open them. It comes up with a notice that you need to associate a program with files of this type and to go into SET ASSOCIATIONS in the Control Panel. I must be going blind because I have looked into the Control and cannot...
February 5th 07 09:44 AM
by Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM Go to last post
3 206
Getting Help by Alfred Kaufmann
After installing OneCare it complained about a required Microsoft update. It downloaded and tried to install something for the Intel chipset ... and it failed to install. The error code says get help! That is really a useful message, MS. I tried the Microsoft update and got the same result. Anyone have any ideas? Al
February 12th 07 04:29 AM
by Alfred Kaufmann Go to last post
3 181
Ready Boost & Secure Digital Memory Card by Alfred Kaufmann
I have been reading that Ready Boost only works with a USB drive but on the Microsoft website is say USB Drive or SD memory card. Which is right? I am thinking of getting an SD Memory card for a laptop which seems like molasses, at least to me. It currently has 522MB and I recommended going to at least 1GB with no success. I think I can insert my own SD card so it will run a bit faster at...
February 6th 07 06:04 PM
by John Blessing Go to last post
4 222
Virus or what? by Alfred Kaufmann
I installed Vista Home Premium on a laptop and with the exception of a couple of things, wireless mouse and screen saver not working (now fixed) and the touchpad not working (driver needed but we got a wireless mouse anyways so we can wait) the installation went well. Also it works like molasses with 512MB ram but more memory is on the way. :-) A new problem has started and I don't know what...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 13th 07 07:15 PM
by Alfred Kaufmann Go to last post
16 534
The Grinch's name is Vista by Alfred Kaufmann
I was just listening to the TV news; someone was recommending that if at all possible hold off on purchasing your new computer until February! The reason was because they should wait for Vista. I know how they feel, I am building a couple of Christmas presents very very slowly and I hope that Vista OEM will be available or at least a free upgrade coupon when buying current XP Operating...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 31st 06 04:47 PM
by deebs Go to last post

From The