Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Reverse Sort Order Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
got cd key but register failure by Mike
i got my e-mail for my cd1 and key but when i try to install it my cd key came out invalid. i did a clean install with xp due to too many glitches in beta 2. don't understand why it won't validate
September 25th 06 10:59 PM
by Benjo Go to last post
3 356
Where can I download USMT 3.0? by Dean
Someone mentioned this file BDDVista_Full.cab that includes User State Migration Tool (USMT) 3.0. Where can I get it?
September 25th 06 10:59 PM
by Dean Go to last post
0 324
Dual Boot - Moving/Deleting Boot Partitions by pennhaven
Will Vista's boot loader still work if I move a boot partition? My test system currently has one hard drive with two boot partitions and several data partitions. The first boot partition on the drive boots Beta 2 and the other boots RC1. The current Beta 2 partition is approximately twice as large one hosting RC1 and the RC1 partition is located near the end of the drive with relatively...
September 25th 06 11:07 PM
by pennhaven Go to last post
0 310
Domain User Profile folder name by Brian P Fielding
I setup a Vista User to our SBS 2003 Domain using the connectcomputer wizard. It all went well but . . . The user's profile folder setup on the Server was "UserName.V2" instead of the expected "UserName" . Additionally a network lnk has been setup on the Vista User but this has been set to \\ServerName\Users\UserName (without the .V2) The Username.V2 folder is the one used used...
September 25th 06 11:16 PM
by Brian P Fielding Go to last post
0 288
"Which type of Installation do you want?" Problem? by Steven G
I've installed Vista Beta 2 a while ago. Upgraded to the pre-RC1, was on vacation for the follow-ups and now I have the latest version, 5728, and when I try to install it, I keep getting the error, "Upgrade is not available. You can only upgrade when using XP SP2 or Windows Vista." Well, I'm using Vista but it's not recognizing it for some reason. The other "upgraded" never had a problem but this...
September 26th 06 12:55 AM
by Kevin John Panzke Go to last post
9 323
Power DVD 7 by Mick
Vista says this program has issues. My PC Dell XPS/9150 - High Def sigmatel audio. PowerDVD 5, 6 or 7 - DVD media (any media) has distortion. Media Player 11 plays everything fine. ?Driver - ?Bios - ?PowerDVD Software - ?Windows Vista I am not sure which is to blame. Everything is fine in Windows XP Media. Nero 7.2.3.2 doesn't work either "Brian Wescombe" wrote:
September 26th 06 12:04 AM
by Mick Go to last post
0 358
boot up by alexp
i heard before vista came out, you were gonna be able to use the pc before windows boot up. somethong like that. can someone xplain to me. ig i am not wrong, you were gonna able to listen to a cd before windows boots up
September 26th 06 02:06 AM
by Will Schuitman Go to last post
2 312
IE7 browser history-5728& internal paths by Jeff
Hi, Anyone else notice;in 5728; when you look at the dropdown in the IE7 address bar; it shows all the places you've been in your pc? I.E. not just (www.vistabug.com;-lol) it's also showing internal paths; i.e. C:\Users\Jeff\Downloads ; C:\Users\Jeff\Documents; etc. What's up with this? Never saw this before. Jeff
September 26th 06 01:15 AM
by Jeff Go to last post
0 374
music and video folder not able to be opened after upgrading by jmoney618
I recently upgraded to Vista RC1 from XP Home. I had two separate files for my media files (1 for music-mp3, wav, etc; and 1 for video-mpeg, wmv, etc), but after upgrading to Vista RC1 I can't open these folders. When I try to open them I get a warning that tells me that I don't have permission to open these folders. I only have one profile on my PC and I went to the security tab and take...
September 26th 06 02:31 AM
by jmoney618 Go to last post
0 254
New Avast! Build by Frank Teltsch
Just fyi... There's a new build of Avast! anti-virus out today, 4.7.892, that's supposed to be fully compatible with Vista RC1.
September 26th 06 12:47 AM
by Marty Felker Go to last post
4 324
How to get a program out of compatibility mode? by Rinze
I caused a program to error by not giving the right information. This is supposed to cause an error. Now the program starts in compatibility mode. I want it back to normal, how do I get it out of compatibility mode?
September 26th 06 12:13 AM
by Techno-Crat Go to last post
1 346
Build 5728 key activates but fails validation by Rob Hardman
Hi, I'm a MSDN and CPP tester, upgraded a box from XP MCE to Vista RC1 ultimate, but was disappointed the DVD codec had problems on the AMD K7 processor. Upgraded that build to 5728 this morning. Both my MSDN and my CPP keys will activate the box, but it's always listed as not genuine. Hence no Aero, no non-critical updates. Both keys are completely kosher, and I've not used them on 5...
September 26th 06 01:44 AM
by Dan Go to last post
3 303
URGENT BUG - Vista Logon by Phil S.
PLEASE PLEASE will you remove the dated Windows XP Logon sound from Vista it plays just before it displays the logon screen and you cannot change it in Windows Sounds. Microsoft please note: This sound is kind of out dated now and people have heard it every time they logon windows xp since late 2000. So thats 6 years using my pc every day i will leave you to do the maths of how many times i...
September 26th 06 01:41 AM
by Dan Go to last post
9 472
Chocolate And WMP11beta by OpeXp
Hey Guys, I just oreder the Chocolate from Verizon... Their software says not compatable with WMP11 Beta... Anybody using it ???? Thanks Op
September 26th 06 01:37 AM
by Dan Go to last post
3 332
tweak ui for vista x64..? by Frank
Is there a tweak ui for vista x64? Thanks. Frank
September 26th 06 12:43 AM
by Rock Go to last post
8 354
Unable to open links in Outlook 2007 by Lightfoote
Dear Team, I, too, and having a similar problem running Outlook 2007 TR under Windows Vista RC1. Many functions (Send All; pick up mail into Inbox of an HTTP service (Microsoft Network), Print) respond with a generic message "Not implemented," or have a null response, or suggest "If this problem persists reinstall Outlook." I've run Office Diagnostics from the hard drive installation, as...
September 25th 06 11:02 PM
by Alex Go to last post
2 339
Beta 2 bug still in 5728 by Rob
When I was using Beta 2, my SB Live card didn't have a supported vista driver so I used a modified one that worked fine. However, whenever the PC went into Sleep or Hibernation mode, when it comes out of those modes the sound would just disappear. Only a system reboot would bring the sound back. I submitted this as a bug in Beta 2 and personally I thought it had a lot to do with that...
September 26th 06 12:47 AM
by Rock Go to last post
7 386
Lost ability to mount iso files in 5728 by Bob Willer
I did a clean install of 5728 today on my Thinkpad T43p. Install went smoothly, but now I cannot get Virtual CloneDrive to work. It seems to install fine, but the app never starts up (no virtual drive in explorer) and in my Device Manager, I have the following device with a warning under DVD/CR-ROM Drives: SCSI DVD-ROM SCSI CdRom Device In my Event log, I have a Security Failure message...
September 25th 06 11:15 PM
by Jane C Go to last post
1 324
Unistalling Norton Secrity 2006 on Windows Vista by Jhon
Hello I have installed Windows Vista RC1 32-bit version (not sure if its 32 or 34)and I can not find a way to uninstall Norton Internet Security 2006. Every Time I try to unistall It because i did not see any reason too do it in Windows XP it says "A Norton Internet Security account with supervisor access must be logged in to uninstall this product." To change an account on my computer to a...
September 25th 06 11:38 PM
by Brian P Fielding Go to last post
1 358
music and video folders not able to open after upgrading to Vista by jmoney618
I recently upgraded to Vista RC1 from XP Home. I had two separate files for my media files (1 for music-mp3, wav, etc; and 1 for video-mpeg, wmv, etc), but after upgrading to Vista RC1 I can't open these folders. When I try to open them I get a warning that tells me that I don't have permission to open these folders. I only have one profile on my PC and I went to the security tab and take...
September 26th 06 02:32 AM
by jmoney618 Go to last post

From The