Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Installing RC1 by Richard
Hey All, This is my first post and im wondering If yall can help me out. I download and burned the .ISO file to a DVD and now I'm wondering how to install RC1. Do I put it in the DVD drive and restart computer? I did that and it installed XP again. Any ideas? Also, Must I have Vista already to run it? And, the clincher. How to I find out if I need the 32-bit or 64-bit edition of RC1 or...
September 26th 06 10:31 AM
by Ron Rector Go to last post
2 852
PCI Simple Communications Controller by Graham
G'day all. This is probably a silly question, but... When I installed Beta2 x86 my soft modem was recognised. With RC1, both x86 and x64, it is not recognised. I simply get the message saying that I should check the with the manufacturer for an updated driver. This isn't a big deal at the moment because I only use it for faxing, but I would like to resolve the problem.
September 26th 06 11:30 AM
by Clark Go to last post
2 273
windows vista rc1 by smash
i hve installed windows vista rc1 32 bit, and i am looking for a good softwarfe that i can burn dvd's and cd's -- lost in space101
September 26th 06 11:38 AM
by rblacher Go to last post
7 310
New Vista Update by Dan
I downloaded and installed a new Vista Update yesterday from the Windows Update site but I have no idea what it did. Does anyone else know about this update. Thanks in advance for the feedback. (I still cannot believe the speed of the Internet for me with Vista --- it just flies and does not seem to have hardly any timeout issues at least for me with Comcast Cable.)
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 26th 06 11:42 AM
by Clark Go to last post
12 479
Vista Build 5600 - ATI All-in-Wonder X800-XL AGP - TV Tuner device Not recognized by d. smith
This ATI All-in-Wonder card doesn't work. Vista recognizes the basic card and installs the X800XT driver but ATI 's Vista beta ( Catalyst 9.13, I think?) doesn't recognize the onboard TV tuner. This ATI card is lited as having sufficient capabilities for Vista. The card has 256 MB DDR3 and provides a fast rating in the Vista performance listing. Anybody testing Vista 5600 32 bit with any ATI...
September 26th 06 11:53 AM
by Tom Lake Go to last post
6 219
Windows Live Messenger Music Plug-in by James Millistver
Most interesting thing I have seen to date in Vista: I disabled the "Windows Live Messenger Music Plug-in" in WMP11, and suddenly it vanished! Gone! Not to be seen again! I honestly have no idea where it went, but I do know it is no longer in my WMP plugins directory, so if anyone would be so kind to send it over?!? Now here is the kicker part: I went to the WMP download site to reinstall...
September 26th 06 01:09 PM
by Techno-Crat Go to last post
3 221
Activation vs Windows Genuine by Jonildo Santos
Hello, I had installed a build 5600. Yesterday, I did upgrade for the build 5728 with the same key. However, this show messages that the Windows Sight RC1 is not original, and in the System Properties informs that be activated. Someone obtained to resolve? -- 's Jonildo Santos
September 26th 06 01:35 PM
by Jonildo Santos Go to last post
0 213
Activation vs Windows Genuine by Jonildo Santos
Hello, I had installed to build 5600. Yesterday, I did upgrade for the build 5728 with the same key. However, this presenting messages that the Windows Sight RC1 is not original, and in the System Properties informs that be activated. Someone obtained to resolve? -- ''s Jonildo Santos
September 26th 06 01:41 PM
by Jonildo Santos Go to last post
0 230
where do i register by WesCom
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/preview.mspx "ariel" wrote: to get the email to download vista
September 26th 06 01:46 PM
by WesCom Go to last post
0 217
Sprint by alexp
does anyone have a probelm logging into sprint.com i get : Internet Explore can not open this webpage i been getting this error since i installed vista beta1 all other websites since to work so far
September 26th 06 02:09 PM
by alexp Go to last post
0 345
Typing quotation marks in Vista by Skyhawker
Why on earth is this happenning??? When I try to type a quotation mark ie: " ... It requires me to put the next character in to display the quote mark... Is there a way to turn this off, or even does anyone know what this "feature" is called??? Putting a space after the quote mark displays the mark, without the space...not helpful for those millions of us who are used to typing NORMALLY! Any...
September 26th 06 02:11 PM
by Michael Pilar Go to last post
4 253
File associations by dev
Where in Vista is the equivalent to XP's FOLDERS|OPTIONS|FILETYPES, where associations could be created, deleted, and MIMEtypes edited? The "change association" UI is woefully inadequate in that regard.
September 26th 06 02:11 PM
by dev Go to last post
2 224
Trusted Installer by Clark
I am trying to change out a system file for Beta testing purposes. It says I need a Trusted Installer to do so. How can I change the file, is there other software to accomplish this action? Thanks, Clark
September 26th 06 02:15 PM
by Clark Go to last post
0 197
Beta Client by Steven Best
I just installed the 5600 build, and am having some problems. The first one is the Beta Client. When I attempt to report a bug, I get an error message when I attempt to submit stating that "There was an unhandled error trying to load your Passport ticket. Access to the temp directory is denied. Identity 'COMPUTER\user' under which XmlSerializer is running does not have sufficient...
September 26th 06 02:48 PM
by Steven Best Go to last post
0 210
A fine OS and concern about users by EdricFilho
Hi all I have lived through CP/M, OS/2, Linuxes, all Windows versions, and I guess Microsoft is going to be very successful with Vista. I have never seen such a commintment to user opinions. Never seen Microsoft publishing so many builds to the public and, despite all rants about, apparently "tolerating" other builds being spread through peer-to-peer channels. After Balmer's interview...
September 26th 06 03:03 PM
by EdricFilho Go to last post
0 205
Windows Update was Updated by rblacher
Last night at about 11 pm EST, I manually ran Windows Update (RC1, Build 5600 x64). Windows Update updated itself with a new version. The details a Windows Update software 6.0.5600.16385 Installation date: 9/25/2006 11:29 PM
September 26th 06 03:05 PM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
1 192
RC1 upgrade failed... roll back failed... help? by theDon
First, let me say that I used the Upgrade Advisor and got rid of everything I was told needed to go before Rc1 was attempted. I then tried to do the RC1 upgrade on my XPsp2 box and it froze up. I left it at about 3/4 done on the progress bar for over 36 hours. I finally decided to restart the computer. Upon reboot the setup told me it had failed and was going to roll back to xp. That...
September 26th 06 03:06 PM
by theDon Go to last post
1 207
RC1 upgrade failed... roll back failed... help? by theDon
First, let me say that I used the Upgrade Advisor and got rid of everything I was told needed to go before Rc1 was attempted. I then tried to do the RC1 upgrade on my XPsp2 box and it froze up. I left it at about 3/4 done on the progress bar for over 36 hours. I finally decided to restart the computer. Upon reboot the setup told me it had failed and was going to roll back to xp. That...
September 26th 06 03:09 PM
by theDon Go to last post
1 241
Rc1 ugrade failed, rollback failed... Help? by theDon
First, let me say that I used the Upgrade Advisor and got rid of everything I was told needed to go before Rc1 was attempted. I then tried to do the RC1 upgrade on my XPsp2 box and it froze up. I left it at about 3/4 done on the progress bar for over 36 hours. I finally decided to restart the computer. Upon reboot the setup told me it had failed and was going to roll back to xp. That...
September 26th 06 03:12 PM
by theDon Go to last post
1 225
Intall RC1 and comp question by Richard
Hey All, This is my first post and im wondering If yall can help me out. I download and burned the .ISO file to a DVD and now I'm wondering how to install RC1. Do I put it in the DVD drive and restart computer? I did that and it installed XP again. Any ideas? Also, Must I have Vista already to run it? And, the clincher. How to I find out if I need the 32-bit or 64-bit edition of RC1 or...
September 26th 06 03:13 PM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post

From The