Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Vista Phone Dialer can't dial phone rules correct by Danz26
In my area we must dial the area code. I have the rule set correctly, but it takes the number say 301-555-1234 and tries to dial it as 1 3 555-1234, instead of 3015551234. Notice problem in beta, but was not fixed in final version. If I try to dial a long distant call, ie 703-555-1234, it does the same thing 1 7 555-1234, instead of 17035551234.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 2nd 09 12:48 AM
by retexan599[_2_] Go to last post
11 514
Apple Computer offers low value - admit it by Stan Starinski
And you're a registered mental patient, Kevin.
December 2nd 09 12:38 AM
by Blanche Starinski[_2_] Go to last post
3 299
How Many Linux Users Are There? by ecce_ego
Hey Alias how can I start using Linux? I am tired of M$ not allowing me to have full control of my own dammed computer, and also getting viruses every day. I talked to a guy that does tech support and he said he has been using Linux for years and has no anti-virus program and has never got a single virus. "Alias" wrote: http://counter.li.org/
December 2nd 09 12:06 AM
by Death Go to last post
4 341
Missing Profile by PSJ
Vista Home Premium -- am unable to log onto administrator acc't get following error: The user profile service failed at logon. User profile cannot be located. Any/All suggestions appreciated -- PSJ
December 1st 09 11:48 PM
by Gene E. Bloch Go to last post
3 297
Windows 7 backup by Paul Lower[_2_]
Hi I finally got around to making a backup of my system comprising 227Gb in total. It took over 5 hour and at 346Gb I stopped it before it consumed all the available space and deleted the whole stupid mess from my external hard drive. How can a backup of the system be bigger than the whole? It is supposed to back up data files and the system which does not include the program files....
December 1st 09 11:31 PM
by Gene E. Bloch Go to last post
4 352
Apple Computer offers low value - admit it by DanS[_4_]
"Stan Starinski" China@stealsUSJobsPatentsSoftwareMusicVideo wrote in : (I personally think XP/Vista were awesome OSs.. You are a liar. You have complained here about Vista left and right from day 1.
December 1st 09 11:17 PM
by Stan Starinski Go to last post
5 343
Apple Computer offers value - admit it by Blanche Starinski[_2_]
Same dumb people who have deserted the apple pie and motherhood and who are not right for this world & defected to Mars, because they installed some free wheeling game-a-tron that piggybacked and installed much needed malware which cost them pennies on the ruble. Hundreds and a queensload, well those people will have diapers disappoint them sooner or later or behind the closet, with vast...
December 1st 09 10:58 PM
by Blanche Starinski[_2_] Go to last post
0 295
THIS MADE MY BLOOD SIMMER by Kevin J SmallBone[_2_]
A TimeWarner/Road side runner so-called "BRUCIE" who's never heard of Zipping Flies. Who needed a crash-learning bluesession on the subject of interface dogma by the customer, she is supposed to help and annoy until the culligan man appears. Who finally admitted he is not upto or into or above or below changing diapers and escalated or elevated to enter trouble tickets that annoy even the...
December 1st 09 10:53 PM
by Blanche Starinski[_2_] Go to last post
1 312
Backup program by JBrown
I am looking for a good easy to use backup program. I now have Norton Ghost and it is hard to use. Any suggestions will be appreciated. thank you, )
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 1st 09 10:21 PM
by John Doe[_10_] Go to last post
13 526
AXE-WIELDING STAN THE MENACE THREATENS ME AT HOME by Blanche Starinski
You may find it incredulous, but a friend of mine works for a mental institution and is sharing confidential info: Her relatives is about to release a revolutionary bistro of Italian cuisine, codenamed "Catatonic Chaosis Polyester Dinner Special" Its central piece is a 3D Rotating Turkey breast Cube consisting of smaller cubes
December 1st 09 10:09 PM
by Blanche Starinski Go to last post
0 320
Vista has become very sluggish by Ganz Doof
I have Win Vista Business installed on a Lenovo Thinkpad (2.2 GHz, 3GB RAM, 43% of Hard Disk used) which has become very sluggish of late; keystrokes often take a long time to register, tabbing between windows is slow and sometimes does not work at all, not as many windows can be opened at the same time as in the past and so on. I have done a virus and malware check (Avast AV & AdAware are...
December 1st 09 08:53 PM
by Kevin J SmallBone[_2_] Go to last post
3 307
Confession for my nasty abuse of the Dragon speech engine by Mark Conrad[_6_]
I am ashamed of myself, for what I did recently to my loyal Dragon NaturallySpeaking speech engine. To properly suffer penitence, I feel I must offer myself up to one of andy t's long tirades. ....y'know, where he interminably carries on about the really important things in life, such as minor spelling errors.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 1st 09 08:17 PM
by Mark Conrad[_6_] Go to last post
27 772
Microsoft Home Office and Student 2007 Trial Expiration notice by NoGeek
Popup notifying of expiration of Microsoft Home Office and Student 2007 Trial has begun appearing whenever I want to use Excel files. Says I need to convert to the full product. Trial period of 30-60 days is over, however, I've had this program installed for ~ 2 yrs. w/o any problems at all. I received a Word doc yesterday that I'm suspicious of....may have caused my problems. Popup...
December 1st 09 07:02 PM
by Kevin Panzke Jr. Go to last post
3 280
Windows Vista Media Center by Richard LeBlanc[_3_]
I have not been abe to get my Windows Vista Media Center to start on tv. Any ideas? Richard
December 1st 09 05:44 PM
by Jon Go to last post
1 286
Resize Solitaire Screen? by CWLee
(Running Vista Ultimate 64-bit, SP-2, IE-8, WM-6, WLM-09, classic mode, dial-up.) I have no problems resizing other screens/windows. However, Solitaire seems to behave differently than the others. For example, I can resize my browser (IE-8) into a screen an inch wide, and 7 inches tall - or 7 inches wide and 1 inch tall. If I try that with Solitaire it only snaps into certain size...
December 1st 09 05:06 PM
by Jon Go to last post
2 282
scheduled tasks / cron jobs under Vista by John Goche
Hello, In Unix there are services called cron jobs which basically are nothing more than processes scheduled to run routinely every so often. I think these are called scheduled tasks. So how do I set up a scheduled task under Windows Vista Home Premium so that for instance every day around 11:30 PM my laptop powers off whenever I have left it switched on (so that it does not wake up anybody in...
December 1st 09 04:59 PM
by Jon Go to last post
7 583
VISTA 64-bit does not boot up and receive a BLUE Screen with an ERROR by evk2cnr
What can I do to fix a startup problem that started happening immediately after installing windows updates today? I was about to back up some work but ran the updates before hand I just finishing installing updates on my HP Pavilion Elite M9250F Desktop and when it restarted it goes to the "start windows normally, safe mode, safe mode w/Networking, Safe mode w/command prompt, and Last known good...
December 1st 09 04:53 PM
by evk2cnr[_3_] Go to last post
3 375
December 1st 09 12:55 PM
by KEVIN JOHN PANZKE Go to last post
0 244
windows live email by dragon
help me please wat does this mean and how do i sort it The host 'pop3.live.in' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'windows mail', Server: 'pop3.live.in', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D
December 1st 09 04:47 AM
by Patrick Palczewski[_2_] Go to last post
3 336
World of Warcraft and ALT-TAB by yakthejanitor
I am having this same problem with Borderlands and I would assume with any other game or program in full screen mode. Borderlands doesn't have a windowed mode option, so if anyone has figured out this problem, I would appreciate knowing. -- yakthejanitor
December 1st 09 04:06 AM
by yakthejanitor Go to last post

From The