Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Wireless ad-hoc network by JethroUK©
1/ Since ad-hoc connection dies when not in use (even for few minutes), is it possible to set up a more permanent connection just using Vista (no router/hardware) 2/ Last time I set up ad hoc network Vista did not prompt me to share the internet connection and subsequently it didn't - I checked under every stone but couldn't find an option to share my internet connection (despite setting it...
December 1st 09 03:37 AM
by +Bob+ Go to last post
3 300
Password by Dan @ Jacque
My friend at work forgot his password and cannot log onto his computer. He is running Windows vista home premium on a Compaq laptop. We tried to go into the safe mode but the only screen we get is his password sign on screen. Even during boot we pressed f8 key but the password screen came up. He is hoping someone has an idea or answer so he can avoid taking it into get looked at and paying...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 1st 09 02:54 AM
by Dan @ Jacque Go to last post
12 603
Installer Shortcuts in a shortcut toolbar do not work if not displ by w
I created a shortcut toolbar and have copied over shortcuts created by installation programs "Installer Shortcuts" If the icon does not display in the toolbar because the toolbar has been resized smaller the icon is selected from the double chevrons () it does not work. If the icon for the shortcut is displayed on the shortcut toolbar it works correctly.
December 1st 09 01:52 AM
by TroyBu Go to last post
2 353
Password at Log-on by Gordon Biggar
I am using Vista Home Premium (32-bit) in a guest operating system (64-bit for the host). In the guest system I am receiving a message when booting up: "Consider changing your password, it will expire in......." I don't want to use a password when booting up; I am the sole user of the machine. Plus, I don't know what the existing password is. How can I disable this function? Gordon...
December 1st 09 12:57 AM
by Kevin John SmallBone[_6_] Go to last post
2 322
Network Vista to XP by Eddy[_4_]
Not sure how to explain this but will try. I have two pc's with xp networked to my vista pc, they both appear in the network window and also my vista pc appears, if neither xp pc's are on then nothing appears. I've just networked a XP netbook to my vista pc as well and that won't appear unless one of the other XP pc's is on? Now the funny thing is once it had appeared I made a shotcut for...
November 30th 09 11:35 PM
by Eddy[_4_] Go to last post
2 495
Service pack 2 will not install on Vista by IanEvs79
I am trying to install Service Pack 2 on Vista, but it just will not install on my laptop. I have tried all the solutions that are given on the help, such as using the readiness tool, stand alone installation, uninstalling McAfee, etc. with no luck. The installation goes through steps 1 and 2 fine, then gets to 100 % on step 3, bu then it gives me a message "Service pack did not...
November 30th 09 11:23 PM
by philo[_2_] Go to last post
1 341
Unable to connect to 2008 server (\\server) by Drew Boillot
Hello, Last week I started having an issue connecting to a 2008 server's mapped drive. When ever I try to connect, it keeps prompting me for a user name and password, I put in what I know to be the correct ones (I even deleted and recreated my user on the 2008 server) and still no luck. Users that can connect on other PCs cannot connect on mine. I've checked Event viewer and there's no...
November 30th 09 11:19 PM
by Ace Fekay [MCT] Go to last post
3 316
Windows Update Errorr 80245003 by AZ5alive
How can I fix Windows update that will not connect? Windows could not search for updates, Error code 80245003. Auto update is on and set to default setting. Running RC2 5744
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 30th 09 09:09 PM
by Kevin J SmallBone[_2_] Go to last post
27 1,001
Motorists, experts say throttles, not floor mats, to blame for sudden acceleration in Toyota, Lexus models by Ezeloe Blanche Cloeiss
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-toyota-throttle29-2009nov29,0,5254584.story Oops. Maybe this doesn't belong in the Vista forum. Just FYI. Just like Ubuntu countdowns. Just FYI.
November 30th 09 08:11 PM
by Kevin J SmallBone[_2_] Go to last post
5 334
Vista boot problems on an HP Pavilion machine by Pete Zahut
Got an HP Pavilion with Vista Home Premium on it that suddenly doesn't want to boot up after being perfectly alright for over a year. Nothing has changed and I've not installed any new software (unless something has been set to autoupdate and a new update has been pushed without me noticing). It POSTs OK, then goes on to the black screen saying "Windows is loading files" with a white...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 30th 09 06:43 PM
by John Doe[_10_] Go to last post
36 1,024
ONLY 10 MORE DAYS 2 GO! by KEVIN JOHN PANZKE
JUST FYI!
November 30th 09 05:16 PM
by Frank[_84_] Go to last post
7 350
It looks like eternal-september is now deleting posts by Kevin Panzke by Kevin J SmallBone[_2_]
Maybe the nonsense will stop.
November 30th 09 04:36 PM
by Alias[_60_] Go to last post
1 293
PROOD DRAGON NATURALLY SPEAKING WORKS by Mark Licetti
I am ashamed of myself, for what I did recently to my loyal Dragon NaturallySpeaking speech engine. To properly suffer penitence, I feel I must offer myself up to one of andy t's long tirades. ....y'know, where he interminably carries on about the really important things in life, such as minor spelling errors.
November 30th 09 03:15 PM
by andy t Go to last post
9 379
vista compatibility by Juve[_2_]
hi there, Anybody knows if Topcom mediakit 100 (a usb hub with webcam and headset) is vista compatible or direct me to a website where I could find out more. I know for sure that it is compatible with xp, but doubtfull about vista. Thanx
November 30th 09 12:29 PM
by GSalisbury Go to last post
1 296
Speech Recognition and andy t by Mark Conrad[_4_]
No wonder you were banned from Twitter. You are incapable of brevity. Mark-
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 30th 09 10:53 AM
by andy t Go to last post
13 577
Stop Vista showing remote logon? by Mike
If i use remote desktop it shows on users the welcome screen that i am logged on. Even when i disconnect from remote desktopon it still shows i am logged on. Any idea on how to stop the message that i am logged on being displayed?
November 30th 09 08:36 AM
by Mike Go to last post
0 331
DVD43 problem by crossing23
I own the Click1copy, and love it. But I need dvd43 for decryption. It worked great with XP, but will not work with Vista. Does anyone know of an update for this? Marilyn -- crossing23
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 30th 09 03:53 AM
by Blacktiger[_2_] Go to last post
11 746
Windows7 Question by Walter Goldschmidt[_3_]
I know this is a Vista news group but I haven't been able to find a Windows 7 group so maybe one of you guys can answer my question. I have the power settings to never put computer or screen to sleep and there is no screen saver setup. When I leave my computer alone for awhile the screen goes black. This never happened with Vista when setup this way why is Windows 7 doing this? Walt
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 30th 09 02:09 AM
by Leythos[_2_] Go to last post
10 486
WE AR HAVING WEATHER AGAIN TOMORROW by Kevin John SmallBone[_6_]
LOOK OUTSIDE TO SEE IF YOU WILL HAVE WEATHER ALSO.
November 30th 09 01:06 AM
by Kevin John SmallBone[_6_] Go to last post
0 277
HAD 2 CHANGE MY E-MAIL ADDRESS, MSFT BANNED ME! by KEVIN JOHN PANZKE
JUST FYI!
November 30th 09 01:04 AM
by Homer Schwartz Go to last post

From The