Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
The future of all computing by Homer Schwartz
Is passing Kevin by. Has passed him by for years.
November 30th 09 12:55 AM
by Homer Schwartz Go to last post
0 349
NO SNOWSTORM ON THURSDAY by Homer Schwartz
JUST FYI
November 30th 09 12:39 AM
by Homer Schwartz Go to last post
0 303
External Hard drive by JBrown
I am looking for a 1 to 1.5TB external hard drive to backup my system on. I do not want it to run backups automatically. What is a good one? Jim
November 30th 09 12:18 AM
by Leythos[_2_] Go to last post
3 367
Microsoft security essentials by Old Mariner
If you can help I'd appreciate it. I have just installed the above and updated the latest definititons,and as someone who knows, not a lot re.computers,does that mean it takers the place of an anti-virus programme? I have AVG installed and I'm happy with it. I'm not sure if the above will conflict with AVG as it says MSE it is a virus and spyware scanner. thanks if you can
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 30th 09 12:09 AM
by webster72n Go to last post
12 616
Network vista to xp by Eddy[_4_]
Not sure how to explain this but will try. I have two pc's with xp networked to my vista pc, they both appear in the network window and also my vista pc appears, if neither are xp pc's are on then nothing appears. I've just networked a XP netbook to my vista pc as well and that won't appear unless one of the other XP pc's is on? Now the funny thing is once it had appeared I made a shotcut...
November 29th 09 08:28 PM
by Eddy[_4_] Go to last post
0 313
How easily I can make a text-macro in speech recognition.- Take note by Mark Conrad[_5_]
This is to show you how easily I can make a text-macro. Todays "school" was for me to create a text-macro for each and every persons name that appears in the test article. These are the names: Mason KA, Milas L, Hunter NR, Elshaikh M, Buchmiller L, Kishi K, Hittelman K, Ang KK.
November 29th 09 07:05 PM
by andy t Go to last post
1 285
WEIRD FOLDER by PAUL
I have a weird folder under Local Disk/users/myname called: {bd85e97f-d63c-40fc-8915-0b1859d829e3} Is this folder needed? If not can I delete it? Thanks Paul
November 29th 09 04:58 PM
by philo[_2_] Go to last post
8 313
how to edit the access right of C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\ by MXC
I test website, ant get Compiler error: CS0016 Access is denied Compiler need read files from C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\ I could not see the folders under C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\ in explorer. and I can access these file from Command window so these files are there I try to set the security let NETWORK SERVICE and IIS_IUSER have read right but perperty window of assembly folder does not...
November 29th 09 03:12 PM
by Joe Morris Go to last post
1 248
Thinking of Using Windows 7? by Alias[_60_]
Or any version of Windows for that matter: http://en.windows7sins.org/ Alias
November 29th 09 12:00 PM
by Death Go to last post
1 309
vista problem by noman2912
sorry i am new and dont know much about it and i need some help for the drive icon i have tried everything but nothing is working for me the drive icon in my computer for my d drive is a square one with red dots and i want it back to the normal one like other drives but tis not happening i tried the regedit method but no good and tried this one also and everytime i restart my pc the icon cache...
November 29th 09 09:13 AM
by noman2912 Go to last post
0 270
Returning to Restore Point by Jane Doe
Please can someone help and advise me. I had a contract using a Vodafone Mobile Connect Lite which I used for 2 years. This USB device was not really satisfactory in that I lost connection quite often. Now I have (supposedly) an improved version, Vodafone Mobile Connect. I find this more unreliable than the first. I contacted Vodacom, my ISP, and they told me to download the latest upgrade...
November 29th 09 08:22 AM
by Jane Doe Go to last post
3 331
3G Problems by Jane Doe
Please can someone help and advise me. I had a contract using a Vodafone Mobile Connect Lite which I used for 2 years. This USB device was not really satisfactory in that I lost connection quite often. Now I have (supposedly) an improved version, Vodafone Mobile Connect. I find this more unreliable than the first. I contacted Vodacom, my ISP, and they told me to download the latest...
November 29th 09 06:21 AM
by Shenan Stanley Go to last post
1 300
SDTable Registry Problem is REAL!! by PaulLukitsch
FINALLY I found other people who have experienced this problem!! Posted in this Group and others. I posted this as a reply in another group, but thought for expediancy, I would start a new thread in this post. OK..... I have been dealing with a persistant malware problem since early this year. I have had not only problems with the malware affecting my laptop, but also from the numerous boards...
November 29th 09 03:39 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
1 240
2 questions by Ben Stevenson
Just bought the PC with Vista Home and IE7. There are 2 questions please. 1. I don't know how Microsoft Bing is on the browser toolbars. How can I get rid of it? 2. Icons on the desktop are somewhat too big. How can I reduce their size? TIA
November 29th 09 03:17 AM
by Andrew Murray[_8_] Go to last post
8 302
Mouse-over ballons by ragmaniac
Whenever my mouse pointer touches a link (particularly in Microsoft Outlook as well as MS IE 8 browser) a small balloon opens up giving me information regarding the link, information THAT I DO NOT WANT. How can I permanently defeat this annoying process? I have tried MS FixIt to no avail. If necessary, I will gladly ALSO give up this (womderful) feature in all other windows of MS Windows Vista...
November 28th 09 09:42 PM
by ragmaniac Go to last post
0 263
Ubuntu really sucks by Ezeloe Blanche Cloeiss
Ubuntu sucks. Instead of moving forward with every release, they have the uncanny ability to take Linux back in time by piling code that doesn't work on top of more code that doesn't work until they have turned their OS into a garbage salad. 8.10 was GREAT, and for the most part everything worked. Some things were missing concerning support of newer Eees, but then they released Ubuntu Jaunty...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 28th 09 06:42 PM
by DanS[_4_] Go to last post
14 453
Windows Update Agent 7.4.7600.226 by BigRedWingsFan
My Dell Inspiron 1520 laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium has failed to load the subject update on 20 different occasions since 13Nov09. The "Error Details" is Code 80073712, which is nothing more than a general error code with no specific fixes recommended. Anybody have an idea as to how to resolve this issue?
November 28th 09 06:01 PM
by webster72n Go to last post
7 455
vista genuine .. help by crazychao
how can make my vista home basic genuine?.. please help:( -- crazychao
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 28th 09 05:44 PM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
10 556
Error 77 by Noor Motani
when I was performing on line malware scanning, my system crashed with the following error: ERROR 77 KERNAL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR In the brackets below all numbers were 0 except the last one that read 78D7000. What does this error indicate and how to fix it that the system does not crash. This is the first time I saw this error message though the system has crashed several times with different...
November 28th 09 05:38 PM
by webster72n Go to last post
1 336
ONLY 12 MORE DAYS 2 GO UNTIL UBUNTU 10.04 LTS ALPHA 1! by Ezeloe Blanche Cloeiss
"Alias" wrote in message ... Ezeloe Blanche Cloeiss wrote: It's amazing how some mentally retarded posters need to provide a daily countdown to some idiotic OS that nobody wants or needs here in the Vista group.
November 28th 09 04:27 PM
by Alias[_60_] Go to last post

From The