Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
November 28th 09 03:48 PM
by Ezeloe Blanche Cloeiss Go to last post
0 278
November 28th 09 03:41 PM
by Ezeloe Blanche Cloeiss Go to last post
0 259
XP Mode installation by Avraham Hanadari[_2_]
I already had Virtual PC installed in Windows 7. I downloaded XP Mode and installed it. It is in Program files, but it shows no icon in the start menu, and clicking on the vhd file opens a window asking what program should open it. An online MS search says that MS doesn;t recognize their own file. I uninstalled it and installed it again. No icons. I uninstalled Virtual PC and reinstalled...
November 28th 09 02:14 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
4 388
Vista stripping attachments by turbot86
I hope someone can provide me instructions on how to stop Vista from stipping off my attachments that I send from my work computer to my home computer. My work computer uses XP as it's OS and my home computer uses Vista Home Premium Edition. Everything worked fine for the longest time but problems seems to have occured after I downloaded Service Pack 2 for Vista. Now, when I forward a message...
November 28th 09 01:52 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 309
Robocopy sets attributes on destination folder to system and hidde by MitchW
Hello, I am trying to copy a file from one Vista system to another. I have created a mapped drive on one box. I issue the command robocopy c:\ y:\images\ 1.wim I have also tried robocopy c: y:\images 1.wim
November 28th 09 07:33 AM
by mtech[_3_] Go to last post
9 490
error 77 Kernal stack inpage error by Noor Motani
when I was performing on line malware scanning, my system crashed with the following error: ERROR 77 KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR In the brackets below all numbers were 0 except the last one that read 78D7000. What does this error indicate and how to fix it that the system does not crash. This is the first time I saw this error message though the system has crashed several times with different...
November 28th 09 03:27 AM
by Noor Motani Go to last post
0 274
Hang Error B1 by ladeda
Windows 32 bit HP SP 2 installed.. 2 40 gb hd and one 120 external. Commonly crashes steady and slow..although most app and addons have been disabled. Can anyone help me to fix this? Thanks Problem Event Name: AppHangB1 Application Name: firefox.exe Application Version: 1.8.20081.21709 Application Timestamp: 49494210 Hang Signatu 457d Hang Type: 2048 OS...
November 28th 09 02:18 AM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
1 334
Upgrade from vista 64 bit to win 7 32 bit by HAV
I am looking for a new PC for my wife and in order to get the most bang for the buck there seem to be an abundance of vista PCs out there that can be upgraded to windows 7. Unfortunately is seems that her 2 most expensive programs, Painter 9.5 and Photo shop CS2 won't run on a 64 bit O.S., or at least not without a lot of trouble. All of the PCs that I am looking at have 64 bit vista...
November 27th 09 09:06 PM
by HAV Go to last post
9 285
Fax by Bill
Somebody does listen - I see Windows 7 Home Premium has Windows Fax and Scan after deleting it from Vista HP.
November 27th 09 08:42 PM
by Jakob Weinstein Go to last post
2 288
Verifying 64 Bit machine? by Artreid
I have a Gateway all-in-one GZ7108 the machine. In the following link. it is listed as a 64 bit machine but when I got this it was loaded with Vista Enterprise 32 bit.. How can I verify this is a 64 bit machine before I buy 64 bit OS?
November 27th 09 06:23 PM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post
9 363
Monitor shows "out of range" when using safe mode by Daniel[_17_]
First of all, I'm sorry if this question has already been asked - I've had a look and couldn't find any information anywhere.. or if I'm posting this is the wrong newsgroup.. When ever I try to load my computer into safe mode, I get the screen up showing all the drivers being loaded(?) down the screen - it gets to crcdisk.sys, stays there for a few seconds, then goes to a blank screen - my...
November 27th 09 06:21 PM
by Lord Soth Go to last post
5 332
Expert Windows macro/script user? Ready to add speech activation? by John Doe[_10_]
There is a scripting tool for Dragon NaturallySpeaking DNS called "Dragonfly". Its intent is to allow voice activated macroing/scripting in Windows without requiring the legal or medical version of DNS. But it has the extra innovation of allowing Continuous Command Recognition. Instead of having to pause between each command, you can string a series of commands together, just like we do...
November 27th 09 06:15 PM
by John Doe[_10_] Go to last post
2 315
Disk Cleanup Utility by C.B.[_5_]
How do I permanently remove the default check mark in the box next to "Thumbnails" or eliminate the category? Thank you in advance for any assistance provided. C.B. -- It is the responsibility and duty of everyone to help the underprivileged and less fortunate among us.
November 27th 09 05:45 PM
by Ǝиçεl Go to last post
7 394
An ode to Dragon Narutally Speaking by Marjorie Klivans
"Stan Starinski" China@stealsUSJobsPatentsSoftwareMusicVideo wrote in message ... I am ashamed of myself, for what I did recently to my loyal Dragon NaturallySpeaking speech engine. Give it a rest. You should be very ashamed of yourself for your consistent ramblings. I suggest getting some help. Immediately.
November 27th 09 05:30 PM
by Michael Go to last post
1 277
Newsgroups ? by Alias[_60_]
Frank wrote: There you have it, folks, proof positive that Frank is deathly afraid of me and all his threats are empty. He's been trying to avoid the question now for four days with his nonsensical replies which only reveal how desperate he is to change the subject. Why is he afraid to answer the question? Because he knows full well I will forward his threats to the...
November 27th 09 05:25 PM
by Alias[_60_] Go to last post
0 274
Does Vista Home premium require registry cleaner? by Vitadolce
Hi all. I am new to this site. I have vista home premium and am experiencing the following problems: a) Internet explorer 8 suddenly disconnecting. this is happening frequently b) Slow PC- poor navigation response times. I have attempted to speed things up by doing a win disk clean and disk defrag. Also downloaded ccclean to clean up my system. All this improved PC speed marginally (say 5-10%)...
November 27th 09 04:20 PM
by Bruce Chambers Go to last post
5 289
Some poor slob installed Ubuntu. Needs to run line commands to get that piece of crap to work by Ezeloe Blanche Cloeiss
I installed ubuntu 9.10 and it was rebooting just before the login screen. After really long search it turned out it's the video driver, I guess the one coming with ubuntu didn't like my card. I have integrated Radeon HD3200. What worked for me: 1. Select recovery mode from grub menu (in your case for 9.10 too) 2. In the first following screen select "root with networking" to have internet 3....
November 27th 09 04:10 PM
by Ezeloe Blanche Cloeiss Go to last post
0 243
BLOW ME by Ezeloe Blanche Cloeiss
"Kevin John Panzke" wrote in message ... JUST FYI! I'm not that easy. I need dinner and a movie first. Maybe a glass of wine after.
November 27th 09 03:52 PM
by Ezeloe Blanche Cloeiss Go to last post
0 247
Cannot access "C Drrive" on Home Network. by MrGBojangles
I have a home network using a DLink router with a desktop and two laptops. I want to be able to access the C drive on the desktop from either laptop so I "shared" the C drive. However when I try to open files I get a "can't access" error. I am able to access the "Public" folder within the C drive and all files on one of two external hard drives but not the C drive. I would appreciate any...
November 27th 09 03:44 PM
by MrGBojangles Go to last post
0 237
BLOW ME by Death
Kevin John Panzke wrote: JUST FYI! Figures an imbecile scanning text messages for viruses would say that. -- Vita brevis breviter in brevi finietur, Mors venit velociter quae neminem veretur.
November 27th 09 01:47 PM
by Death Go to last post

From The