Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
POST problem. by Mamamegs
Hi y'all, I currently run a dual boot with XP en 5728. When I reboot from Vista, during the POST it takes about two minuts before the secondary master (=DVD rom) is detected. When I reboot from XP there's no probs. This has been occuring ever since 5342. Besides that, Vista runs fine. Specs: 775dual880 pro motherboard (AsRock)
September 27th 06 09:13 PM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
6 280
Install will not complete by Allan Jay
after doing an upgrade install of RC1 on my averatec 3200 laptop - my computer went to a black screen and froze. I replace my mem to 1 gig and tried again with a full fresh install... same thing. Does anyone have a solution to this problem. I have noticed other with the same problem. Thanks
September 27th 06 09:26 PM
by Allan Jay Go to last post
0 214
dynamic drives? advanced question by John Jay Smith
Before some people come smirking that these drives are small.. I have to say that this is only a test machine. So here is my question: If I use 2 small drives as dynamic drives.... one is 15 gb and the other is 4 gb so that these 2 are seen as one volume, will I be able to do an upgrade? I am asking this because I had RC1 installed on the 15 gb one and it told me
September 27th 06 10:00 PM
by John Jay Smith Go to last post
5 225
What kind of virtural software can I use on Vista RC 1? by jianghw
What kind of virtural software can I use on Vista RC 1?
September 27th 06 10:24 PM
by Norm Go to last post
7 278
Auslogics Disk Defrag by William
Does anyone know if Auslogics Disk Defrag is better than the Disk Defragmenter that comes with Vista 5728? William
September 27th 06 10:25 PM
by mikeyhsd Go to last post
1 284
Media Center TV Recorder Setup / Missing VPS by Roger
In Vista RC-1 Media Center TV Recorder Setup you allow only the maximum of 4 minutes to continue recording after a programmed movie has finished. This is much to short. In Europe allmost all Broadcasts start with delay and end with even bigger delay. Please allow to select at least 30 (better 60) minutes plus in that setting. But even better or good addition: Why do you not implement VPS...
September 27th 06 11:01 PM
by Roger Go to last post
0 254
Some processes not fully terminating in Vista RC1 by Paul G
Forgive me if this isn't the correct forum for this question. I have been testing on Vista and I have noticed a number of Processe objects in the kernel that have a PointerCount of 1 and therefore aren't fully terminating. I tried turning on Object reference tracing with glags.exe but I couldn't get it to trace Process objects. What would be the correct support avenue for a problem like...
September 28th 06 12:07 AM
by Paul G Go to last post
0 274
Component Services by Dieter
Hello Is component service (COM+) still available in Windows Vista ? I can't find it ! Kind Regards Dieter
September 28th 06 12:34 AM
by Mark Go to last post
1 468
Creative Sound problems by Bill S
I had trouble getting sound from the Creative Audigy 2ZS sound card after upgrade from RC1 (5600) to 5728. This occurred even though I had installed the latest Creative beta drivers for Vista. I found that if I put in the Creative Software CD that originally came with the sound card into the CD Drive and then went to the Device Manager and opened "update driver" for the sound card (or,...
September 28th 06 12:52 AM
by Drago Go to last post
1 304
Problem Reporting Tool/Beta Client by kjdoug
Why does microsoft want us to beta test their software but not give us the proper tools or support to do so? I have been trying to send problems with their beta client but it is out of date. So i tried to update it and it said to uninstall the old one (for longhorn) and reinstall the new one. I still get the longhorn beta client and it won't let me update it. I can send problems but how do i...
September 28th 06 01:41 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 244
Screen Saver issue by NoSpinVette
Hi I just got RC1 and everything has been good so far. My only problem is my screen saver. When I set my laptop for a screen saver, the preview works fine. But when I click ok and the screen saver loads, its runs horribly. Its jerky and then after a while just goes to a black screen. Then I have to move my mouse around and and hit a few keys for it to go back to the desktop. I made sure the...
September 28th 06 02:03 AM
by NoSpinVette Go to last post
0 211
Error with Office and Vista by Billy
Hello Everyone, I am getting this error when I try to click on anything that has a link in any of my emails: This operation was canceled due to a restriction in effect on this computer. Please contact your administrator. I am using MS Outlook 2003 with SP2, on MS Vista RC 1 Build 5728. Any help would be great!
September 28th 06 02:12 AM
by Billy Go to last post
3 243
Some processes not terminating completely on Vista RC1 by Paul G
Forgive me if this isn't the correct forum for this question. I have been testing on Vista and I have noticed a number of Processe objects in the kernel that have a PointerCount of 1 and therefore aren't fully terminating. I tried turning on Object reference tracing with glags.exe but I couldn't get it to trace Process objects. What would be the correct support avenue for a problem like...
September 28th 06 02:23 AM
by Paul G Go to last post
0 190
5728 restore point persistence by dev
In build 5728 it appears that restore points can be set, but soon vanish - perhaps after a reboot or two. This was not the case in BETA 2. Can others confirm?
September 28th 06 02:34 AM
by Mark D. VandenBerg Go to last post
8 177
Using Download Manager by Willy4360
Hello, I am using the new download manager to download RC1. I have to turn off the PC. What happens with the download? Should I just double click the temp file created by it, and continue downloading later?
September 28th 06 03:14 AM
by Intel Inside Go to last post
2 203
Enable Rotate / Pivot / Portrait Mode on Desktop with LCD? by Brian Bradley
Request: Does anyone have portrait mode running on a NON-tablet PC? If so, what is your graphics adapter and drivers? - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Background: My work as a transcriptionist is done best in portrait mode.
September 28th 06 03:57 AM
by Brian Bradley Go to last post
0 173
ANS: "What's the deal with UAC (Windows Needs Your Permission scre by otiasj
Hello, thank you for taking the time to explain UAC, Q: UAC is Microsoft's way of controlling my computer and preventing me from using it! A: This is 100% UNTRUE. UAC puts control of your computer IN YOUR HANDS by allowing you to prevent unwanted programs from accessing your computer. *Everything* that you can do with UAC turned off, you can do with it turned on. If this is...
September 28th 06 04:08 AM
by otiasj Go to last post
0 193
Ignorant question, but need to know. by Clarkey
Hi. I know this probably sounds very stupid to most people, but I need to know something. If I use my pc on another persons line, will my ip address be the same, or different. I:e if I use my pc at home, then I obviously have my own pc address. If I take my pc to another house with another connection, will I have another pc
September 28th 06 04:36 AM
by Rock Go to last post
6 240
1/2 hour boot up by Scott
Had no issues with Vista for about 2 weeks after installation. Restarted laptop after having it on over weekend in my office and now it takes 1/2 hour to boot up. I also have Office 2007 Beta, and IE 7 Beta. I dont have any issues after the bootup it just takes so long. Let me know what information you need from me.
September 28th 06 05:03 AM
by Rock Go to last post
3 191
5728 on Inspiron 6400, 2ghz, 1gig ram... by GrahamBookman
Got sick of waiting for RC1 DVD to arrive, so downloaded 5728, saved it to a directory on my windows C: XP partition, used magiciso to unpack the files onto the C: drive, ran setup and told it to install to V: drive, it gave me the usual message about windows.old being created. Dual boot was retained, big sigh of relief as I had problems there with beta 2. Reinstalled office 2007, then...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 28th 06 05:13 AM
by Rock Go to last post

From The