Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Calendar 2010 by Octavio
How or where I can find a calendar template that I can print each month 2010, each month about the size of a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet with each day of the month a square 1 inc x 1 inch (to put it flat on my desk)_? I have Office 2007, which program might have it? Thanks in advance.
November 23rd 09 09:48 PM
by Octavio Go to last post
3 221
Vista proprietary in Acer? by Gordon J. Rattray
Hi there, I've got an Acer Aspire with Vista Basic and the motherboard died due to a power surge. It's easier for me to replace the motherboard with a new Asus unit and re-install Vista. Is this Acer installed Vista going to let me do a re-install on a different motherboard and will the keycode license labelled on the tower work with this? Thanks,
November 23rd 09 09:42 PM
by Kevin John SmallBone[_5_] Go to last post
5 262
Full marks to microsoft by Wasted
I recently sent a query to MS support about Windows 7 deployment issues - and have had three emails in response ... and more! I have to say the first two emails were from people who didn't seem to have even read my query, and I was just starting to mutter and moan to myself, when a third email came, unprompted, that gave a full and detailed answer...but JUST missed a crucial bit of...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 23rd 09 09:37 PM
by Kevin John SmallBone[_5_] Go to last post
13 485
How to activate the 'Snip' tool? by Imageman
The only way I've found to activate the snip tool is with the link on the Windows Help and Support page. Obviously, there must be a better way. Don't see it anywhere. Thanks for your help - IM
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 23rd 09 08:47 PM
by Kevin John SmallBone[_5_] Go to last post
19 485
Should I be worried? by Artreid
I just found an Firefox icon on my Desktop that is pointing to one of my online Retirement Accounts that I did not create and have ideas how it got there. If I click it, it brings me to my Fidelity logon screen were it is waiting for me to enter a password. Of course I suspect fowl play but how can I verify Who/What/Why is got there and make sure it gets totally removed.?
November 23rd 09 07:05 PM
by Enumclaw Esmerelda Go to last post
4 272
Could not uninstall by Zurab
Could not uninstall Mozilla Firefox 3.0.14. Is anything possible?
November 23rd 09 05:38 PM
by Zurab57 Go to last post
6 275
Microsoft register server faults by Thermoboy
hi, I'm trying to install FEA Algor and when installation status is "Registering COM components" I got a lot of errors saying that microsoft register server stopped working with these problem details: 1st Problem signatu Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: regsvr32.exe Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
November 23rd 09 03:21 PM
by Paizzano Go to last post
6 322
window size by Rick[_7_]
Running Windows Vista and Internet Explorer. Don't know what I did, but now when I open a new window with a link off of my homepage it will open a new window at only about 1/4 size. How do I fix it to open a full page? Thanks
November 23rd 09 12:49 AM
by CrucialHoax Go to last post
4 260
why no Windows 7 account or folder here yet? by Ritter197[_2_]
why no Windows 7 account or folder or category here yet? This is MS and they do not have Anything here about Win7?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 22nd 09 10:45 PM
by Dave Warren Go to last post
16 500
Removing duplicate files by John[_40_]
Hi Is there a good utility to detect duplicate files based on content and then to remove them? Thanks Regards
November 22nd 09 10:26 PM
by whs[_8_] Go to last post
1 315
Vista Audio Solution - What You Hear by Robert Neville
Many of you may have been as frustrated as myself by Micrsoft bowing to the RIAA and pressuring the soundcard manufacturers to remove the "What You Hear" feature from their drivers. This supposedly prevents you from recording web radio and other sound card audio. The short term workaround has been to loop the line out audio back around into the line in jack. While this works, it's a kludge. The...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 22nd 09 04:24 PM
by Jon Go to last post
21 736
64 bit programs by Paul
Is there any utility or program that can tell whether your system is using 64bit programs? I ask because I just installed Nitro PDR Pro 6 x64 and it installed it in the x85 Programs Directory. There's no way I can even tell if a true 64 bit program is actually being utilized in my 64 bit OS. I know I'm being anal but with all the talk of 64 bit vs 32 bit, I started getting curious. Seems that...
November 22nd 09 03:42 PM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post
9 349
vista black screen with mouse arrow only by tmdiamond
I boot up with cd and do a Starup Repair but it stll gives me black screen with the mouse arrow. The details of the repair is # of root causes = 1 and all the error codes are 0x0 The last sentence it says Root causes found:- Boot status indicate that the OS booted successfully Reading throiugh this forum I also do a scannow at c:sfc /scannow but it gives me a message that "Windows Resource...
November 22nd 09 02:23 PM
by Jon Go to last post
4 286
Start Menu folders no longer connected to corresponding user folders by chizzy
Before (unsuccessfully so far) upgrading to Windows 7 In deleted (OK. stupid, I know) both the Music and Pictures folders in my account. I have now replaced them from my backup but now the shortcuts in the Vista start menu no longer recognise them and remain empty. I have tried to enter the location into the shortcuts but that's actually blocked. I have checked the properties of the...
November 22nd 09 01:30 PM
by chizzy Go to last post
0 191
RAM & Windows 7 by cbcb52
I am looking forward to buy a netbook with windows 7 ; I´ve seen lots of configurations for Notebooks and Desktops , going from 2GB to 8 GB RAM Of course more RAM is ok ; The thing is I want an acceptable computer , and the most I´ve seen announced is 2 GB RAM I know it will probably run Windows 7 ; but is 2 GB an acceptable number ? Supposing a buy a computer with a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 22nd 09 01:09 PM
by cbcb52 Go to last post
18 417
Hibernates fails by Ronnny
I have 2 operating systems in my PC, one with Windows XP and the other with Windows Vista - each one in another disk. Hibernating in the XP os works fine. When the Vista hibernates It doens't finish the procedure of shuting down but restarts. Any idea? Regards Ronny
November 22nd 09 05:47 AM
by Dominic Payer[_2_] Go to last post
3 244
Windows 7 upgrade advisor fails to install by tadams61
Downloaded the advisor, installed it on my XP system and it worked fine. Copied the download to my VISTA system and tried to install. It quits immediately with no error, no indication of any kind. I've tried "Run as Administrator", restarted the system, downloaded the package again. Nothing helps!!!
November 22nd 09 03:59 AM
by Muad'Dib Go to last post
3 220
cbs.log by Spectrumone
Ran system scan (SFC/scannow). Got message: "Resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.log WINDIR\logs\cbs\cbs.log For example C:\windows\logs\cbs\cbs.log" Have no idea the meaning of this. Tried to view cbs.log but access was denied. Initially ran SFC because system seemed a little sluggish. Sys seems ok now
November 22nd 09 01:44 AM
by Mikey_Mike1983 Go to last post
2 357
windows7 by colin.t
sorry did not know where to put this. running XP try to install 7 but get a error message unable to find partition error 0x80070490. i ran compatability which stated ok
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 22nd 09 12:02 AM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post
17 463
Pop Up Blocker by Octavio
I am taking a test in my computer, and the requirements say that my computer is not ready because I need to turn off my pop up blocker. Where or how do I turn these off? I use Vista Ultimate and have Office 2007, Internet Explorer 8. Please advise. Thanks in advance.
November 21st 09 11:09 PM
by Gene E. Bloch Go to last post

From The