Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Taskbar is stuck in up position by Bob Newman
I have had my taskbar set to auto-hide and everything has worked fine, now it is stuck in the up position and will not hide. I have not changed any settings (auto-hide, taskbar on top, group similar items are checked.). I have tried unchecking taskbar on top to no avail. Help Please. -- Thanks... Bob
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 6th 08 09:00 PM
by drpatt Go to last post
13 542
going from Live mail desktop to outlook 2007 by guitardude[_2_]
Just got a new computer and I want to transfer all of my email and settings from my old computer to my new computer. On the old computer I am running Windows Live Mail Desktop, and the new one will use outlook 2007. I have already exported the account files from live mail to some .iaf files (internet account files) which I am thinking I can import into outlook. I am pretty sure that these...
May 6th 08 09:00 PM
by guitardude[_2_] Go to last post
0 308
Network List Service is missing from the list of services by digital-flex
Hi Guys, I am having a problem where the icon is showing a red x on the network icon in the system tray even though I can connect to the internet. I did some searching and I found I am missing Network List Service completely, its not on the list of services. Can I some how make this service visible for me to enable it? Can I install this service? TIA
May 6th 08 08:58 PM
by digital-flex Go to last post
0 343
Very odd problems with IE7 and Vista by Qu0ll
I have a Dell Precision M6300 laptop running Vista Ultimate SP1 (32-bit) and I am very happy with it because everything works perfectly - almost. The bit that doesn't work properly is IE7. The problems are not "serious" but very annoying nonetheless. For some reason, when I click inside a text field in a web page then most times I am unable to type anything in it. I type away but no...
May 6th 08 08:41 PM
by Qu0ll Go to last post
0 320
a poor mans dreamscene... (for all versions of vista that support glass) by Chin Yang
The preview allows 2 free dreamscapes I think http://www.neowin.net/news/software/08/05/06/deskscapes-20 DeskScapes 2.0 has been released by Stardock. No longer will animated wallpapers be only for people who invest in Windows Vista Ultimate. With DeskScapes 2.0, all users of Windows Vista can run animated wallpapers. There are currently over 600 .dreams (animated wallpaper) available at the...
May 6th 08 08:15 PM
by Chin Yang Go to last post
0 320
Headphone socket with Vista by Xan
I had some trouble with sound initially with Vista but got it working eventually. The headphone socket however does not work. I can get no sound through headphones and also it does not mute speakers when I plug headphones in. Could this be anything to do with Vista? Am I missing something? Or is it definitely a hardware fault. Thank you
May 6th 08 07:55 PM
by Mark L. Ferguson Go to last post
1 288
spyware by Randy
My spyware - Werbroot - is not working . When computer starts i see message about definition file missing and to go to options page to locate - help!
May 6th 08 06:02 PM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post
2 343
USB TO SERIAL 232 NULL CABLE by irma niurka
I have now vista ,,,but it does not support this sofware ,,,, I was using in xp, any sugestion?USB TO SERIAL 232 NULL CABLE
May 6th 08 05:55 PM
by KDE Go to last post
3 350
test by Pete
May 6th 08 05:45 PM
by Pete Go to last post
0 383
shut down by Manuel
Hi guys! I am italian so it will be difficult to understand our suggestions...But I'm going to try. I have a Vista edition. I use my laptop in a public room where there is WiFi connection, but my computer OFTEN SHUT DOWN...after it's written that I can restart with a normal way or in another for a problem with Data.....ect. I don't know if my problem is for the configuration of "AVG free...
May 6th 08 05:05 PM
by KDE Go to last post
4 322
32 to 64 bit upgrade question by cholupa2
I'm currently running a system with Vista Ultimate 32 bit. I have the hardware for x64, but just haven't made the switch(core 2 quad core, DS3R board, 8600gt, etc.). My question is the following. I it possible to retrieve system information, files, etc.. from a 32 bit Vista full backup copy and put that info into the newly installed x64 bit OS, or do I have to use the easy transfer wizard...
May 6th 08 05:03 PM
by cholupa2 Go to last post
3 319
Windows Media Player Vista--error message C0011BB by rtpostal
I think this question has been discussed but I am still having issues with this. I cannot get live video and audio feed on the websites I go into. This is the error message I get...You've encountered error message C00D11BB while using Windows Media Player. The following information might help you troubleshoot the issue. Cannot play the file Windows Media Player cannot play the file because...
May 6th 08 04:33 PM
by Adam Albright Go to last post
1 321
Corrupted help files? by ianw
When I run windows help some icons like the bullets are missing also when I click on table of contents the text is there but nothing will click this happens when IE is running. please help
May 6th 08 04:13 PM
by ianw Go to last post
2 325
Startup slowing problem with Vista h.e. by kplumm
After working out which program had caused some performance problems* with my Toshiba Equiuum laptop - Kontiki, used with an on-demand tv program for Channel 4 in the UK - I reinstalled Windows. Unlike a previous occasion of doing this to get rid of all trace of Norton, startup has slowed down, in fact it seems to pause, and had done right from the start of the new install. How can I sort this...
May 6th 08 03:55 PM
by kplumm Go to last post
0 263
program options page by Randy
I read the previous posts to know it is anti-spy ware. When I try to run a sweep it wont even start - I have Webroot Spy Sweeper - cant figure out how to change or update - I dont see options as someone previously suggested - any ideas? Thankls Randy
May 6th 08 03:45 PM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post
1 328
windows explorer file list window in Vista by monopoly
I have just encountered a problem with Windows Explorer for Vista. In the left-hand window, which I call the folders window, I created a new subfolder called "Invoices", and then I copied two files as a block from another, older folder. They show up fine, in the right-hand window, which I call the file list window, and they look right in either "List" or in "Detail" view. But then I...
May 6th 08 03:40 PM
by Mark L. Ferguson Go to last post
2 340
System Restore help? by Michelle
My husband did something to the sound card or the program that creates sound on my computer. The computer thinks it no longer has a sound device. I wanted to restore to the point before he did this but it was a few months ago. When i try to do a system restore to that date it wont let me go back that far. I am not sure how to do this? Is there a way to restore windows to the orignal? I...
May 6th 08 03:12 PM
by Stuart Sabatini Go to last post
6 410
USB port faults by Pauline[_2_]
I have a laptop vista just out of warrenty, always the case, and it now will not recognize anything I plug into the USB port saying unknown device, this device is corrupt. Can anyone help!!!
May 6th 08 02:54 PM
by bovril Go to last post
3 301
What's the difference between AppData\Local and AppData\Roaming? by vandynd
To misquote, I think, Philadelphia - explain it to me like I'm a 6-year-old. What's the difference between the two locations? Thanks!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 6th 08 02:20 PM
by Ramesh, MS-MVP[_2_] Go to last post
10 554
Cannot right click on pictures to save? by xpnutso
I seem to be unable to right click & save any pictures, off email, on webpages etc... WHY?? I just realized this as I emailed myself a picture from another puter. HOW can I fix this? I have 64 bit, vista home premium. :cry::cry: any help is appreciated! -- xpnutso *Toshiba A305- V Home Prem 64Bit ( like it)*
May 6th 08 02:14 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post

From The