Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Spybot - unexpected error in fixing problems by MaryL[_2_]
I'm not sure if this is the correct newsgroup for my question because I don't know if this is a Vista problem or something else. I am using Vista Home Premium (full version, not OEM), running on a Dell 530 desktop that is only 3 months old. I have Windows firewall and AVG free running. I connected via cable and am using a Linksys wireless-G router. I run Adaware almost daily and Spybot...
May 4th 08 08:11 AM
by Dave[_20_] Go to last post
4 351
windows update problem by onursafak
i have windows home premium and i have some problems in windows update when i click update from control panel computer waits several seconds on white screen after updates open but waits too much. i cant understand problem i take computer to service they cant solve problem they said there is no problem...
May 4th 08 08:06 AM
by Xenomorph Go to last post
1 240
Vista Ultimate Langage Pack by Aryeh
Does anyone wheteher Microsoft have released the Language Pack MUI in Hebrew for Vista Ultimate???
May 4th 08 07:34 AM
by Jane C Go to last post
1 247
Changing File Ownership by romeboy
Using Vista Home Premium. Have a drive on the USB bus that came out of my old XP computer. Trying to access some text and Excell files on the drive. They come back with "Access Denied". I have read and tried all the suggestions I have found on the subject of changing file ownership. Nothing works. Still can not access these files. Can anyone help with this problem? Wyndell
May 4th 08 07:22 AM
by Ramesh, MS-MVP[_2_] Go to last post
5 285
Gadgets by Jimbo[_3_]
Lost my side bar with the gadgets on it. How would you restore it??
May 4th 08 07:19 AM
by Ramesh, MS-MVP[_2_] Go to last post
4 335
wuauserv not in registry by tiny702
I tried the verification, and it states that the "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations" Thanks for the tip. What I am trying to learn is how to reinstall the wuauserv (windows automatic update service) For one reason or another, it was removed from my list of services, and I tried the "sc create wuauserv" command line, and there are some other values that I do not...
May 4th 08 06:58 AM
by Shug Go to last post
1 249
Manage Starup Programs by Walt
When I click the Manage Startup Programs option in Performance Information & Tools section of Control Panel, I get "Application failed to initialize: 0x800106ba. A problem caused this program's service to stop. etc...." Can someone tell me which service is creating the problem so I can look into it? Thanks
May 4th 08 05:16 AM
by Chirag Go to last post
1 252
Gagets by Jimbo[_3_]
Lost my side bar with the gadgets on it. How would you restore it??
May 4th 08 04:06 AM
by Bender Go to last post
1 297
Activation prob. in Vista by Alpesh Patel
Dear sir, When i activate vista online , one error code 0x8004FE33 is comming. what can i do? pls. tell me
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 4th 08 04:05 AM
by measekite Go to last post
35 1,001
Have updates all along "negated" SP1? by Ernie Lane[_2_]
There's a lot about Vista SP1 in the news these days. Now, I've been getting automatic updates since I have had Vista. Do I need to even pay attention to SP1, or have the periodic updates taken care of everything?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 4th 08 03:48 AM
by measekite Go to last post
36 750
from Vista to XP by billyg
I have a desktop computer running on Windows XP Professional and a laptop computer running on Windows Vista Home Basic. Could anyone please tell me how do I remove Windows Vista from my laptop and replace it with Windows XP Professional exactly as my desktop?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 4th 08 03:46 AM
by measekite Go to last post
131 2,453
May 4th 08 02:25 AM
by Adam Albright Go to last post
31 945
Apple Iphone 16Gb/8Gb Nokia N95 8Gb by tltd
Company Details - TELCOM COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED. Registered No. 05465599 Address.36A GORING ROAD, GORING BY SEA, WORTHING, WEST SUSSEX, BN12 4AD Incorporation Date: 1986 TELCOM COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED is a specialized supplier of Mobile phones (GSM and CDMA), Video Games , Apple Ipods , Iphone , Laptops / Notebook Digital
May 4th 08 12:12 AM
by tltd Go to last post
0 235
about shadow copy by best friend
About shadow copy vssadmin list shadows , I have 21 copies diferent {caracters} vssadmin list shadowstorage Used Shadow Copy Storage space: 31.457 GB Allocated Shadow Copy Storage space: 32.703 GB Maximum Shadow Copy Storage space: 33.994 GB
May 3rd 08 11:41 PM
by best friend Go to last post
0 261
Files transferred through MSN Messenger blocked and Deleted by Win by jasoncollege24
Using the newest version of Windows Live Messenger, every time someone transfers a file to me, and I click on the link to the finished product inside the messenger window, I get a message stating that windows has blocked the file, because it is potentially harmful. After that, the file is completely deleted. This seems to be happening only with Windows Live messenger, and occurs with...
May 3rd 08 11:02 PM
by Not Me[_2_] Go to last post
4 230
Ubuntu 8.04 What A Piece Of Crap, Just FYI by Lang Murphy
Alias wrote: Spanky deMonkey wrote: I thought I would download the new Ubuntu 8.04 and give it a try because all the Ubuntu nut jobs were saying how cool Ubuntu is with their new release. I installed Ubuntu on my machine. I tried Open Office Spreadsheet. I thought I would try to enter a Macro then run it. I then had to install Java to be able to run a macro. If I...
May 3rd 08 10:58 PM
by Donald Calloway Go to last post
8 220
Operating system Chip by Operating System Chip by Ahmed Alsharawy
I think it is a good idea to develop operating system on the electronic chip this idea will - solve historical error in building the PC computer and it will Limit the illegal copying of the operating system . - reduce the danger of viruses that strike operating systems and reduce the time needed to load the operating system . To clarify my idea in detail We should take these...
how to create multiply boot of have vista want to put xp too. by best friend
Hi Everyone I want to know how I can create one partion form my current hardisk. I want to install xp , to have xp and vista install in the same hard disk. this want it show shrink the volumen shrink C:
May 3rd 08 09:01 PM
by ahmad12[_47_] Go to last post
2 263
Vista Upgrade Deleted My Documents by Lawrence
I have just performed an upgrade from XP to Vista Ultimate. the upgrade ran very smoothly, but I was shocked to find that all of "my Documents" and my "Doumnets and settings" had been deleted, but strangely , my wifes user profile on the same machine was completly intacked. I have tried to use a data recover tool to recover my data which I can still see on the hard drive, but most of it has...
May 3rd 08 08:57 PM
by Daddy Tadpole Go to last post
9 294
VISTA 32bit - 64bit Upgrade Mess by El
Hi there. I currently own a Sony VAIO running on VISTA Ultimate 32bit. This version was upgraded from Windows VISTA Home Premium through Windows-Upgrade-Anywhere. Because of various issues with VISTA and my Laptop I decided to upgrade to a faster machine with 4 Gig Ram. I now would like to upgrade me VISTA Ultimate 32bit to VISTA Ultimate 64bit to remove the 3 Gig RAM...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 3rd 08 08:42 PM
by Reddox Go to last post

From The