Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Windows XP - Vista Network by zsmi
I have a home network consisting of a desktop computer with Windows XP SP3 and a laptop with Vista Premium SP2 (Hebrew version). There is no problem to transfer files from the laptop (Vista) to the desktop computer (XP) but when I try to transfer files from the desktop (XP) to the laptop (Vista), I receive the following message: .....the PC is not accessible, you might not have permission to...
November 21st 09 04:11 PM
by Canuck57[_7_] Go to last post
1 340
WindowsLive Care Billing by OhNoMrBill via WindowsKB.com
On October 5 I received and email from Microsoft confirming the renewal of my subscription to this servie in the amount of $49.95 to be billed to my American Express. To date I have received only one charge of $49.95 to my American Express card. It was dated: 11/06/2009 Company making the charge was: Safe Offsite Pty Ltd Tinbeerwah
November 21st 09 03:21 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
2 354
Adobe Acrobat 8 and Vista 64 bit by Michele
I can not get the pdf print driver to work in Adobe Acrobat. Adobe says it will work with ms hotfix kb930627 applied and Adobe update 8.1 applied. I have downloaded the adobe update and installed. When I download the ms hotfix kb930627 it says the update does not apply to your system. I am running vista home premium service pack 1 64 bit os.
November 21st 09 02:19 PM
by cyberbiker[_2_] Go to last post
5 500
Extended attributes are inconsistent by Carl[_2_]
I receive this message when I try to go to the computer to check the folders and find that the windows explorer is not working, and also when I try to download a program it will stop and show this message. I cannot go to the computer and manage. I can't use the computer very well with this condition. Any help will be appreciated. I have Vista Home Premium. Carl
November 21st 09 11:08 AM
by Mouse8It Go to last post
2 1,813
Change Standard Application for Hardware by Stefan 'Birdie' Vogel
Hi, I have a strange Software, that defined itself as standard for my camcorder and now doesn't offer me the dialog to change this (the std. dialog from windows, what application to start). Any idea, where I can find this setting in Windows 7 Ultimate 64? Regards
November 21st 09 08:32 AM
by Stefan 'Birdie' Vogel Go to last post
0 395
Kevin Panzke - The Future of All Computing Left you Years Ago by Kevin John SmallBone[_4_]
Kevin my dear friend. Just to inform you that the future of all computing has passed you by years ago. Since the future of all computing has passed you by, we have seen Windows XP, Windows Vista, and now Windows 7. There has been INFERIOR distros of Linux released to the unsuspecting public, but Linux is a TOY OS not good for anything other than wasting time. I therefore suggest for you...
November 21st 09 03:26 AM
by Kevin John SmallBone[_4_] Go to last post
0 320
FRANK NEEDS 2 RINSE HIS MOUTH OUT WITH SOAP AND WATER! by Death
KEVIN JOHN PANZKE wrote this, with guidance from inner voices: JUST FYI! Mouthwash will give him minty breath. Soap and water will make him blow bubbles when he talks. -- Vita brevis breviter in brevi finietur,
November 21st 09 02:28 AM
by Death Go to last post
0 339
Using Headphones to hear 'Line in' sound by Michael Chare
I have connected the line in, speaker and headphone sockets on my PC to external devices. I can use the 'Sound Recorder' applet to record the line in to a wma file which I can then play and listen to with the headphones. - So sound is coming into the PC and can come out! What I would like to be able to do is to use the headphones to listen to the line in.
November 20th 09 07:49 PM
by Ursa[_2_] Go to last post
5 1,153
Hibernate on Desktop machine by Oldster
Is it possible to remove the hibernate file on a Windows7 desktop machine. I've made sure that in power options the machine will never hibernate, but the system still prevents me deleting the 2.5Gb file.
November 20th 09 06:27 PM
by Oldster Go to last post
5 354
Failed Recent Updates and Error Code 80070490 by Octavio
Since yesterday my computer and me have been trying to install two Vista updates: Security Updates for Windows Vista (KB967723) and Updates for windows Vista (KB972145) and I get the Error Found Code 80070490
November 20th 09 05:56 PM
by Ǝиçεl Go to last post
1 329
Remote Control Software? by ross m. greenberg
I'm looking for some decent remote control software for doing tech support with a brain dead user -- actually a set of brain-dead users. I've listed are running Vista/win seven, on the remote side Vista or XP. I'm familiar with LogMeIn. I'm looking for something with similar functionality that requires little if any installation on the remote site. Free would be nice, of course. Thanks.
November 20th 09 03:16 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
3 403
I AM ALPHA, OMEGA & ALIAS BEFORE ALIAS CAME TO EXISTANCE by Mark Levitski[_3_]
I AM THE REAL ALIAS. MY ORIGINAL NAME HAS BEEN SINCE ARRIVING TO AMERICA ON 4 SEPETEMBER, 1992: "EUROMETAL". I didn't know this person who hijacked my name (Eurometal/Alias) since several years ago, in person. All I can say he is folked up. He is here to promote something that is not Vista, instead of helpin gpeople. He is a bona fide piece of you know what, just for not helping anyone,
November 20th 09 02:35 PM
by Electro Lytes Go to last post
1 323
I need help with charmap.exe by Bobby[_8_]
Hi, I'm trying to include some user-defined private characters in Windows. While this does work perfectly on Windows XP and Vista Ultimate 32 Bit using the private character editor (eudcedit.exe) and charmap.exe, it does not work on a Windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bit machine. "All fonts (private characters) isn't there on that machine, I can't select my characters from the list.
November 20th 09 01:01 PM
by Thimo Gräf Go to last post
1 306
vbscript to enable network connections by dak
I have been using a vbscript in XP to enable/disable network connections that uses the NAMESPACE method to examine the network control panel ( see code snippet). However in Vista the network control panel and list of network devices does not appear to be in the NAMESPACE method any more. The "Network and Sharing Center" control panel replaced the "Network Connections" in Vista and the list...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 20th 09 12:46 PM
by 1RealTruth Go to last post
10 581
Vista radomly locks up when running video or audio programs by Tom Todhunter
Does anyone have any idea of any fix for this. The systems totally locks up randomly when running a web video and or audio program and it seems to be in Media Player, iTunes and other programs as well. I am running Vista home basic on this machine but it does the same thing on my HP running Vista Ultimate as well. I go back into the error messages in the application, systems, and...
November 20th 09 10:37 AM
by d3aths3rver Go to last post
3 337
How To Clear Administrative Events Log - Events Viewer by ColTom2
Hi: Does anyone know how to clear the Administrative Events log listed under Custom Views in the Event Viewer running Win7? All the logs listed under the Windows logs have options to clear, but the above dos not. Thanks,
November 20th 09 09:14 AM
by Dave-UK[_3_] Go to last post
1 276
Can I create some sort of raid disk with two usb drives in vista/7 by Aussie Rules[_2_]
Hi, I want to have two flash drives working in like a raid mirror. I can plug in one of the usb flash drives and get say a new E:\, but of course if I plug in the second one I get a f:\ Is there a way to have windows vista (or 7 I guess) configured so that the two flash drives are just the E:\ and they are working in a raid mirror config via software ??
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 20th 09 03:10 AM
by LVTravel Go to last post
10 481
Vista freezing after updates by Alto
Is anyone else having problems with vista (with SP1) freezing after the latest batch of updates that came to me today? -- Alto Central Coast NSW Australia
November 20th 09 02:21 AM
by ashvin Go to last post
7 279
No performance index by wallaby
When I open Control Panel-Performance Informsation and Tools I get a blank window I thought I was suppossed to get a Performance Index or something, All of the tools are avaiklable Processor E8200, RAM 2G, Disk 250G Seagate Vista Business SP1
November 20th 09 01:35 AM
by Gene E. Bloch Go to last post
6 338
Vista won't boot after windows update..help ! by Steve
I downloaded and installed 2 optional updates for my ati x1900 on the update page and now my pc won't boot at all. Tried safe mode and F8, last known good config but it will not start. Safe mode gets up to system32/drivers/crcdsk.sys and then freezes. No way I can even get to system restore....please help
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 20th 09 01:22 AM
by Gene E. Bloch Go to last post

From The