Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Desktop Icons Cleanup by Scott M Heller
How do I clean up the unwanted desktop icons on Vista? I knew how to do w/ xp but it seems to me Vista has it setup differently
November 19th 09 10:47 PM
by jniebaum32 Go to last post
8 356
Windows 7 Newsgroups by ColTom2
Hi: Can anyone tell me why Microsoft has not established Windows 7 Newsgroups? Where is everyone going for public support for it? Thanks, ColTom2
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 19th 09 10:21 PM
by John E. Carty Go to last post
26 646
kernel-power by [email protected]
Hi I have the same problem. Everithing seems to work fine buy the screen is shut down. In the event manager says it has something to do with kernel-power event 41. I canīt find anything usefull nor in microsoft, nor in hp (i have an pavilion tx1000) I'm working on safe mode only and I'm driving crazy!
November 19th 09 06:50 PM
by Mycroft7 Go to last post
1 286
A Photo of Frank in the Military by Alias[_60_]
http://www.militaryjerkoff.com/images/naked-marine-blowup-doll.jpg Alias
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 19th 09 03:51 PM
by Electro Lytes Go to last post
10 545
To all Alias' friends and foes by webster72n
Why do you people waste your and our precious time with 'idle' talk? Your cooperation in this regard would be much appreciated. Thank you, Harry.
November 19th 09 01:36 PM
by Alias[_60_] Go to last post
6 293
Windows update Stage 3 of 3 endless reboot by Gerald Fritzmeyer
We have a problem for which there seem to be countless posts from other frustrated Vista users - a Windows Update gets applied and the Vista machine goes into an endless loop of rebooting after saying 'Stage 3 of 3'. We took the computer to our local computer shop recently (in July 2009) and they reinstalled Vista for several hundred bucks (because we didn't have the skills to do a repair)....
November 19th 09 11:07 AM
by Flavius Go to last post
5 282
File system: UDF by 2Sweet
i have dowloaded the photo from digital camera and burn to a CD. I realised it is in "UDF" File system. The CD can be access from Windows XP PC but not accessable on Windows Vista PC, it shows blank content. Anybody for the Vista to read "UDF" file system?
November 19th 09 09:33 AM
by Gordon[_9_] Go to last post
7 326
Windows Explorer does not refresh its screen automatically by Peter K. Livingston[_2_]
I experience annoyingly often, that when working with files and folders in Windows Vista Business Built6000 the Explorer does not refresh its window contents w/o my pressing F5. Even "create new folder" request or moving files makes nothing with the file list, resorting the files does not help either - just F5. Annoying!!! Frustrating!!! Any advice appreciated,
November 19th 09 09:12 AM
by The Other Guy Go to last post
1 275
Vista hibernation failure by Louis Rost
Windows Vista home premium with SP2 and later fixes installed. No apparent malware detected by Microsoft Security Essentials, Malwarebyte, spybot. Hibernation is turned on. Checked all devices to ensure none have the "wake on" feature activated. When I select hibernate, the screen goes black for a few seconds then the logon menu is presented. Hibernation never occurs.
November 19th 09 06:26 AM
by Bob Go to last post
4 249
Vista won't go to Sleep by Ryetronics
I have a fresh install of Vista, and whenever I try to enter Sleep mode, the monitor turns off, the disks begin to shut down, and right when everything "clicks" off, the fans and discs begin to spin and I'm right back into Windows. Does anyone know what is causing this? Perhaps the video card? (I'm using an ATI x800 Pro with new Vista drivers) I already went into Power Options and changed the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 19th 09 04:29 AM
by Bob Go to last post
64 1,249
Missing right-click option... by silas
When I want to remove my SanDisk USB drive from my computer, in Windows Explorer I right-click on the drive and select "safely remove". Today the "safely remove" option is missing from the right-click menu. How does that happen and how can I get it back? Thanks. silas
November 19th 09 03:12 AM
by silas Go to last post
3 232
Hackers outwit Windows 7 activation by PerryFeral[_2_]
On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 16:44:11 +0100, Alias wrote: http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9140947/Hackers_outwit_Windows_7_activation Yesiree, activation and becoming genuine only affects paying customers while the hackers just laugh. Alias
November 18th 09 11:02 PM
by DanS[_5_] Go to last post
2 229
External hard drive by patrickpalmer4
I have a simpletech external hard drive. When plugging it into the USB port windows vista is not recognizing the disk in my computer. -- patrickpalmer4 Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
November 18th 09 10:32 PM
by Gene E. Bloch Go to last post
4 240
Vista XP dual boot by Paul Lower
Hi I have 3 hard drives with XP on "C" and Vista on "E". "D" just contains the overspill from "C". I want to get rid of XP as I am not using it anymore but have found that "C" contains the MBR. Does anybody know how to transfer the MBR and have the system booting from Vista. Cheers Paul
November 18th 09 09:11 PM
by Paul Lower[_2_] Go to last post
3 272
Can't down load by goldpony
I can't seem to download any of the Window update. Can anyone help?? I have Window Vista Home edition 32 Thanks Lauria
November 18th 09 08:38 PM
by gls858 Go to last post
5 300
initialize USB disk by The Clarks
Hi, I have Vista and I have a hard drive that I had for my personal stuff from XP, my son installed it into my new PC then I got the drive disconnected so as not to void the warranty when the technician from Acer came to fix a problem I was having. I decided to get a casing for the drive and use it as a USB device but can't initialise the disk. I go to control panel/admin. tools/computer...
November 18th 09 08:26 PM
by Gene E. Bloch Go to last post
8 505
What is "desktop.ini"? by Paul H
I have two icons on my desktop that are named "desktop.ini". They were there with my Vista and now they are there on my W7. When I click on them they appear to be some kind of script that I don't understand. Can I delete them? Hide them? How? TIA, Paul
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 18th 09 07:57 PM
by Electro Lytes Go to last post
10 449
Address bar by RipperT[_2_]
Is it possible to get the address bar in an explorer window in Vista, ala XP? Or am I stuck with the sideways thing? I've looked under the organize menu, tweaked the folder settings, I'm using the classic theme...Is it possible & if so, how? Thx, Ripper
November 18th 09 06:08 PM
by Bob Go to last post
2 241
How to enable a disabled device by Bill W
I have an HP laptop running Vista Home Premium. I wanted to temporarily disable the microphone and I checked "do not use this device" in the microphone properties. Now I no longer have a microphone and can no longer find it in the list of devices. When I try to add hardware I'm asked to insert a CD. My computer didn't come with a CD, but it does have the restore partition/drive. How can I...
November 18th 09 05:33 PM
by Bill W Go to last post
2 258
How clone a 2 1/2" laptop drive by [email protected]
I want to use Acronis to clone my disk (laptop). How do I choose a disk and plug it in to my laptop (which only has one disk drive and no extra bays)? Sorry - I forgot to cross post......
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 18th 09 05:11 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post

From The