Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
ONLY 29 MORE DAYS TILL UBUNTU 10.04 LTS ALPHA 1! by Kevin John Panzke
JUST FYI!
November 11th 09 06:57 PM
by 1447406 Go to last post
1 268
HAPPY VETERANS DAY IN THE U.S.A.! by Kevin John Panzke
JUST FYI!
2 301
Can I use the Windows 7 Upgrade DVD for a Clean Install ? by Patrick
Currently I am running Windows Vista. I find that I am able to boot up the Windows 7 Upgrade DVD (from Vista). Can I perform a Clean Install from the DVD ? This is because I learn that a lot of fellows have problems in upgrading from Vista. Besides, if we can perform a clean install from the Upgrade DVD, what will be the difference between an Upgrade DVD and a Standard one ? Thanks
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 11th 09 02:38 PM
by xfile[_2_] Go to last post
31 999
Dell Japan Vs Windows Vista what should I do? by Ari94
Hello forum members, Today I had posted my first problem about user account. This is second post. I have just stopped conversation with Dell Japan technical support(supported by non Japanese staff but from one big red neighboring country). According to them as Dell Japan replaced the hard disk and re-installed windows vista home premium 32 bit, system restore is also not possible:mad: and may be...
November 11th 09 01:57 PM
by Ari94 Go to last post
2 289
What O/S does Michael Dell use? -- http://content.dell.com/us/en/corp/d/corp-comm/michael_dell_computers_update.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=cor p&redirect=2 by Alias[_58_]
Vista Succubus Hunter wrote: Alias wrote: Vista Succubus Hunter wrote: http://content.dell.com/us/en/corp/d/corp-comm/michael_dell_computers_update.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=corp&redirect=2 Well, he *is* from Texas. Alias
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 11th 09 01:56 PM
by TheRealDanS Go to last post
19 658
Robocopy - log only differences? by Saucer Man
Is there a way I can log only the differences with Robocopy? Right now the log is huge and most of the entries are "same". -- Thanks.
November 11th 09 06:31 AM
by Jon Go to last post
1 318
GO AWAY IMPOSTER! by Kevin John Panzke
JUST FYI!
November 11th 09 04:23 AM
by Kevin John Panzke Go to last post
0 268
Blue screen and Mini Dump in Windows Vista by Otterman
First of all Im love Vista and occasionally I get a blue screen and after rebooting with starting windows normally it works fine then a dialog box open and it says, BCCode: 1000008e BCP1: C0000005 BCP2: 8FAD575A BCP3: ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 11th 09 12:54 AM
by Gene E. Bloch Go to last post
11 533
Real Player and Windows Vista by CT
Ever since I installed Windows Vista, I have not been able to install RealPlayer. It gets all the way to the "accept" button, but after that is chosen, nothing further happens. I need RealPlayer for certain things. Windows Media is working fine. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Thanks, CarolT
November 11th 09 12:36 AM
by Tony[_14_] Go to last post
2 272
ANN: ONLY 45 MORE DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS! by Kevin John Panzke
JUST FYI!
November 10th 09 09:25 PM
by Mrs. Starinski, HO, SKANK Go to last post
2 242
What's wrong with this Gorup? by TheRealDanS
"Mrs. Starinski, HO, SKANK" wrote in message ... "STAN STARINSKI" Chyna@stealsUSJobsPatentsSoftwareMusicVideo wrote in message ... Please don't be sarcastic. What do you mean? What's wrong with this group.
November 10th 09 09:14 PM
by Mrs. Starinski, HO, SKANK Go to last post
1 255
'Open With' - How to add and remove programs by Imageman
Vista 64 / RC1 SP1 The programs I use, like Photoshop CS3, are not present in the right click 'Open With' dialog, and there are a bunch of things there that I never use. How do I add and remove items? - Help appreciated - IM -- USA - Washington State, Kitsap County "Replies welcomed as a sign of good etiquette" Nostradamus 1560
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 10th 09 08:00 PM
by Bob Go to last post
16 737
7 Reasons Why Linux Won't Succeed On The Desktop by Kevin John SmallBone
This article was written in 2007. They predicted that Linux isn't going to have any significant impact on the desktop and now two years later, it's true. Linux will always be just a TOY OS and will not be a threat to Microsoft. http://www.informationweek.com/news/internet/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=201807072 Enjoy, I know I did!
November 10th 09 06:42 PM
by Alias[_58_] Go to last post
1 294
Icons in Vista by Ted Smith[_2_]
All the cool icons I find on the internet seem to be in the .png form and supposedly work with/on MS systems. But whenever I try to associate one of these .png icons with a program or file the system refuses to let me. Is there some setting in Vista that I need to set in order to use these icons?? Ted Smith
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 10th 09 06:04 PM
by David4321 Go to last post
10 591
No DVD Video sound in Vista Ultimate by Jan Il
I have a laptop with Vista Ultimate SP2 x86 installed and when I try to run a movie or music DVD from the DVD ROM there is no sound in either Vista Media Center or Media Player. Sound works for everything else, and the same DVD's will play fine when loged on to XP Pro SP3 X86 on the same machine. The laptop is an HP zv6000, the DVD ROM is a Ma****a UJ-840D. I have tried updating the driver,...
November 10th 09 05:56 PM
by Jan Il Go to last post
4 259
Ubuntu 9.10 upgraders report frustration by The poster formerly known as \The Poster Formerly Known as Nina DiBoy\
Frank wrote: "Early adopters bloodied by Ubuntu's Karmic Koala" http://www.betanews.com/article/Ubuntu-910-upgraders-report-frustration/1257794212 Enjoy! I know I did! Can't speak for Ubuntu, but I can tell you that I had one hell of a time setting up Fedora 11 on a dual boot with XP recently! Fedora 11 made a
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 10th 09 05:04 PM
by Frank[_88_] Go to last post
14 425
searching by KRK
Hello I'm trying to search for a file that I think was created between 14:00 and 16:00 hrs yesterday. I have no idea of its name or extension. I cannot find out how to get into 'advanced search' without entering part of the filename .. Can someone help pls ? Thanks
November 10th 09 03:33 PM
by pacinitaly Go to last post
3 255
Windows Vista to Win7 Upgrade Hangs, Fix Does Not Work by E-Double
We are trying to upgrade a Windows Vista machine to Windows 7 and we are getting that error where it hangs on 62%. We tried the fix as detailed in KB Article 975253 but the upgrade still hangs/fails. Are there any other options to perform an upgrade that could be recommended (eg booting to VGA mode, disabling some services first, uninstalling some specific programs, etc...) ? For this one...
November 10th 09 03:29 PM
by Kevin John SmallBone Go to last post
2 252
Buffer causing crash? by FiOS Dave[_2_]
Lately, (running Vista Home Premium 32 bit) my system crashes, requiring a cold boot, whenever I am viewing videos, or running the Zune software. It seems to be a case of a buffer overflowing. Is there some way that I can increase a buffer size that might have a bearing on this problem? Thanks in advance, Dave
November 10th 09 03:24 PM
by FiOS Dave[_2_] Go to last post
2 254
pc freezes intermittantly by maeve[_4_]
Hi, My computer freezes a couple of times a day and I have to manually restart. I have cleaned the fan and inside the pc but it still happens, Acer assures me that is not a memory problem. I believe the vista image is corrupted and there a lot of programs installed that I have to uninstall eg. Norton antivirus, Esobi and CD burning software. I have recently upgraded to windows 7 from Vista...
November 10th 09 09:54 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post

From The