Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Please Send Frankie Home by Frank's Momma
Little Frankie run away last year and has been selling crack and turning tricks to support his tremendous internet cafe habit. I know being raised in the back of a ho house probably had much to do with the way little Frankie turned out, but I've straightened by life out and now it is time to help that poor little Frankie. I've stoped hoing, crack, and drinking. If you all could find a way to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 28th 08 03:13 PM
by RScotti Go to last post
31 975
Compact eMail Files by Bill Martin
In XP one needed to periodically compact email files. Does this still need to be done in Vista? I don't see any reference to it. Bill
January 28th 08 02:39 PM
by Jon Go to last post
8 367
Vista cannot and will not replace XP. Case Closed by Dave T.[_2_]
John Smith wrote: http://www.activewin.com/awin/comments.asp?HeadlineIndex=42308 As you can read in the above article, my words exactly.. Im getting bored of being right all the time. As I have said before, microsoft will be forced to extend support of XP for a very long time... Only if they make the next version of windows (called windows 7) better than
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 28th 08 02:14 PM
by TroDuErNoget Go to last post
64 1,117
Japanese IME shift-problem by JonnyHilly
WE purchased a new HP PC with Windows Vista Premium. Turned on Japanese IME, the same was we use on our XP PC's But discovered there is some kind of bug, that Vista thinks you are using a Japanese keyboard, even though using US keyboard with IME. So everytime you press SHIFT... the wrong character is displayed. This is infuriating as you can imagine. We did the full 9 yards with HP support, who...
January 28th 08 02:14 PM
by Joshua Go to last post
1 276
I'm not a 'Proper' administrator by Michelle
I am the only user on my laptop. I accepted the Toshiba settings when I bought the machine, but I realise that there are a number of features that are disabled that (as an administrator) I should be able to use. for example: 1. Windows Defender will show me the details of start-up programs but not allow me to remove/enable/disable anything (the buttons are greyed-out/disabled). 2. There...
January 28th 08 01:41 PM
by Paul Smith Go to last post
2 340
What is Defender blocking by Michelle
Defender alerts me that it is blocking some start-up programs (little yellow speech-bubble in sys-tray says "Click here to see which programs are being blocked"). When I click the alert it opens Defender, but there is no indication of which program has been blocked. How can I find out? thanks M
January 28th 08 01:37 PM
by Paul Smith Go to last post
2 345
What does Frank TROLL for? by Alias[_7_]
A fight. That's the only reason he's here. Alias www.ubuntu.com www.microscum.com "The times, they are a-changing!"
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 28th 08 01:29 PM
by the wharf rat Go to last post
42 1,122
Audio by Selvakumar
Hi Everyone! In my laptop with Wista,When I enter yahoo messenger chat room it gives the message"YOUR COMPUTER DOES NOT SUPPORT THE REQUIRED AUDIO COMPRESSION FORMAT".Can anyone help please?
January 28th 08 01:27 PM
by Selvakumar Go to last post
0 406
Colored Contact Lenses - How To Choose The Color That Is Best For You by [email protected]
You want colored contact lenses but you aren't sure which color would be best for you? Here are some tips that should help you select your best color. First of all there are two major types of colored contacts - enhancement color lenses and opaque lenses. Enhancement lenses are suitable for people with light eyes only, and are designed to make your own color brighter or give it a slightly...
January 28th 08 01:18 PM
by slashman Go to last post
3 369
Bug: Vista not logging any Browser History on a profile migrated with the Vista Migration Wizard from XP sp2. by FYIS
Bug: Vista not logging any Browser History on a profile migrated with the Vista Migration Wizard from XP sp2. DanlK
January 28th 08 01:06 PM
by FYIS Go to last post
0 343
Vista HELP by DEREK251[_2_]
I too, like many others have a problem with Windows Installer. My computer was running Windows XP until it crashed about 6 months ago. After many frustrating months of unsuccessful attempts to sort out the problem I was advised to purchase a new Vista operating program. I now rum Vista Home Premium. However, I am unable to download any program off the web, in particulare Adobe Reader. Each...
January 28th 08 01:00 PM
by HeyBub Go to last post
3 316
Desktop View too small by Seattle2008
The last few times I have turned my computer on my desktop is smaller than my screen. I can't figure out how to get the view to full screen size. Can anyone help me?
January 28th 08 12:59 PM
by Bob Go to last post
2 278
Vista x86 crash - "Failure - Security Options" by Ternerito
I've been running Vista Ultimate x86 for about a month, I'm quite happy with it. This is the first complete crash of the OS I experienced. At the time of the crash, my computer was moderately busy: ripping a CD with EAC, syncbackup was trying to establish a connection to a network share, one instance of Firefox was open. A couple of explorer windows were open as well. At one point the...
January 28th 08 12:41 PM
by jlk Go to last post
2 257
Windows Vista and taskbar icon size by Doug
I recently bought a computer touch screen PC with Windows Vista. After using the the Windows Media Center the icons in the taskbar are large. How do I get them back to small size without doing a system restore? Thanks
January 28th 08 12:13 PM
by Doug Go to last post
0 291
Admin accounts can't access control panel - please help! by Walter Cohen
I have two user accounts on Vista Home Pro. One is a standard, limited user account (password protected) and the other is my admin account (obviously with admin privileges and password protected). I am not sure when this started happening but I am unable to launch control panel under my admin account. I get a pop-up of "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not...
January 28th 08 12:01 PM
by Walter Cohen Go to last post
3 302
windows mail outgoing server ports can't send email by BusyMomof3
Help! I have set up a new email on my computer which has Windows Vista, my ISP is frontier, I am able to receive emails, but am unable to send emails through email address. I believe it has something to do with the outgoing port, which I've tried 25 and 587 to no avail. If someone has some advice I would appreciate it.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 28th 08 11:17 AM
by DanS Go to last post
17 468
Will my existing hardware run with Vista by cranheim
I am presently running Windows XP Home Edition. My PC is getting old and need replacement soon. I will probably get the new Vista OS with the new PC. I have heard I may have a problem with my present I/O devices (Printers, Modems, DSL Gateway) when I switch to a PC with Vista. I know there is a program called "Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor 1.0" that is available from MS. Does this program...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 28th 08 11:05 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
17 390
Media Software for Vista by stack
I am looking for a media software program (roxio etc) that WORKS WELL with Vista for my new computer. I was looking at Roxio Creator 9 but even though it is "Vista approved", I have seen posts that there are problems. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks
January 28th 08 10:19 AM
by Brian W Go to last post
6 333
File not found by Jackson
I wrote a vocabulary flash-card type program in MS Visual Basic 6.0 on a 98SE computer. The program ran fine on 95/98/ME/2000. For it to run on XP, I had to move a copy of the winmm.dll from one directory to another, because MS had put the file in a different place, but after that it ran find on XP too. Now a friend, who runs the same program in another town, has switched to Vista and when he...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 28th 08 10:15 AM
by Jackson Go to last post
19 605
Network discovery by Roxanne Gaertner
Hi, I was wondering if someone can advise me.... We have about 200 Vista computers in a Windows 2003 domain with 10 servers. If we browse the network via "View computers and devices" in the Network and sharing Center it takes about 60 seconds before all computers are being displayed. It took XP machines take about 3 seconds to display all computers in the network neighborhood.
January 28th 08 09:46 AM
by Roxanne Gaertner Go to last post

From The