Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
bootup problem by Alfred Lorona
All of a sudden I can't boot up normally. The monitor screen tells me 'invalid system disk. Replace the disk, press any key'.I I have to press F12 and select my hard disk from the list provided and then the computer boots up ok.
October 10th 09 10:28 PM
by Gene E. Bloch Go to last post
2 294
upgrade Vista to Windows 7 by John A Grandy[_2_]
Where are the Windows 7 newsgroups ? I have a Toshiba Satellite x205-sli4 32-bit with Vista Ultimate. I would like to upgrade to Windows 7 as soon as it is prudent to do so. I have read in the media that this upgrade will be free of charge. Is this true ? Does anyone know of any issues ?
October 10th 09 10:00 PM
by Frank[_84_] Go to last post
9 327
Vista and firewire 1394? by OT
I have been reading that Vista does not support 1394 firewire? I am trying to hook up my video camera to capture and Vista does not see the camera attached to the 1394 port. How can I get Vista to see it?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 10th 09 09:55 PM
by Gene E. Bloch Go to last post
24 874
Error Code 8007007A by Greg Taylor
It looks like the Group for Vista Update has gone away, so I am going to ask for help here and take the flames. My wife's Acer laptop (Vista 32 bit SP1) will not update the O/SO, the Error code given is 8007007a, with no other info given. I have not been able to find anything in windows KB. Manually downloading the Malicious software removal tool did nothing. Any help Greatly...
October 10th 09 09:01 PM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
1 307
Extremely slow downloads from Microsoft by skywreck[_2_]
Lately while trying to download updates or software like IE8 I've been getting really slow downloads on average between 5 & 7 kbps. Used to get 700+ kbps. Wondering if this could be caused by something on my side or if Microsoft is experiencing problems with servers, etc. These download speeds are constant regardless of the time of day. Any advice/help much appreciated. -- Thanks and regards
October 10th 09 04:26 PM
by Charles W Davis[_2_] Go to last post
1 290
ONLY 11 MORE DAYS TILL MY LOBOTOMY by kkevpan815
ONLY 11 MORE DAYS TILL MY LOBOTOMY. JUST FYI
October 10th 09 04:19 PM
by Karen Jayne Putzke Go to last post
1 260
ONLY 13 MORE DAYS TILL FED EX DELIVERS BY LATEX DOLL by kkevpan815
ONLY 13 MORE DAYS TILL FED EX DELIVERS MY LATEX DOLL. JUST FYI. I CAN'T GET A REAL WOMAN SO I TAKE MY MONEY THAT IS GIVEN TO ME FOR NOT WORKING AND PURCHASE A LATEX WOMAN. I WILL BE BUSY TONIGHT. I HOPE THERE ISN'T WEATHER OUTSIDE. JUST FYI.
October 10th 09 04:18 PM
by Karen Jayne Putzke Go to last post
1 254
Karmic Koala: The best Ubuntu Linux ever? by Alias[_55_]
http://blogs.computerworld.com/14871/karmic_koala_the_best_ubuntu_linux_ever I can hardly wait! Alias
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 10th 09 03:05 PM
by Karen Jayne Putzke Go to last post
10 433
Ubuntu Under the spotlight by Alias[_55_]
Alisa wrote: "Alias" wrote in message ... wrote: Here are over a million links to how Ballmer feels about Linux: http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=steve+ballmer+linux&aq=1&aqi... That is not a million anything, you really are deluded.
October 10th 09 12:06 PM
by Alisa[_5_] Go to last post
1 261
start up by colin.t
I am running vista 32bit. Dell studio 15. Will not start? i get the Dell start screen with option of F2 F12 then goes to microsoft with the activity bar going dack and forth but will not start it just stays on this screen?
October 10th 09 11:44 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
3 360
Slide show in a gadget like window by samah
I got some pictures in the Picture folder under my user name. How do I make a slide show of these pictures in a Gadget like window on the right side of the screen where the Gadgets are stacked. Thank you in advance. -samah
October 10th 09 10:50 AM
by Tae Song Go to last post
3 277
Task Manager by Peter Hall[_2_]
On a laptop running Vista Home Premium have a problem with task manager. When opened it just shows Tasks Running, There is No Top bar, No Menu Bar or Tabs. To close I have to use Alt/F4. How to I recover the missing bits? Peter
October 10th 09 10:23 AM
by Peter Hall[_2_] Go to last post
2 254
Windows Vista User Account Picture by samah
Can someone tell me the storage location of User Account Pictures in Windows Vista? I just need to view the properties of these pictures so that I can match them with the properties of my own pictures. Thanks in advance. -samah
October 10th 09 08:28 AM
by samah Go to last post
3 247
Cannot retrieve pdf-files by 2120smak
When trying to open a pdf-file I receive the message : The Adobe Acrobat/Reader that is running cannot be used to view pfd files on a web-browser. Adobe Acrobat/Reader version 8 or 9 is required. But I am running version 9.1.3 .... I tried repairing the Adobe but still no luck! Any good ideas?
October 10th 09 08:21 AM
by 2120smak Go to last post
7 313
Microsoft ISATAP Adapter by Clayton
I have noticed several entries in device manager under Network adaptors pertaining to Microsoft ISATAP Adapter, after selecting View/Show hidden devices Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2 Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #3 Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #4 Is this normal?
October 10th 09 07:22 AM
by Tae Song Go to last post
1 272
Only 13 More Days to Go! by Alisa[_4_]
Only 13 more days to go until a real operating system comes out. If the pre-orders are anything to go by, I would get in quick if I were you. Happy...
October 10th 09 07:11 AM
by Alisa[_4_] Go to last post
0 1,124
Vista startup problem by pagarymac
Folks- I run Vista HP/SP2. The other day after various installs, updates and maintenance tasks I ran with no problems and ended the day by putting my laptop into hibernate mode. The next day when I powered on, my system would not come up...my system disk C: was corrupt. I finally got System Repair to run and it appeared to fix and recover my C: disk to the point that I can see my files...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 10th 09 05:23 AM
by No Name Go to last post
11 440
replacing Vista with XP/w2k and possible problems with drivers by aa[_4_]
On a year old HP Pavilion/Vista I would like to remove Vista, format the disk and install w2k or XP. But HP support refused all the support in this respect saying they are not sure I will find all XP/w2k drivers for this machine. Has anybody here had difficulties finding XP/w2k drivers for relatively new machines, and for HP Pavilion in particular?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 10th 09 04:06 AM
by Greg[_25_] Go to last post
45 1,004
keyboard icons by Bill H.
How do we get rid of those keyboard icons in the systray that indicate caps lock, num lock, and scroll lock? Thx. -- Bill
October 10th 09 03:33 AM
by Bob Go to last post
6 270
Desktop Icons Fonts Shadows by Nosada
I changed my theme to Windows Classic and lost the shadows on my icon text. How do I toggle this feature? -- John Dillinger 408-628-9852
October 10th 09 02:26 AM
by Alan Edwards Go to last post

From The