Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Reverse Sort Order Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Windows Basic, ugly again :-( by Local Account
Microsoft, why you are ignoring all these users who love the current Xp themes? I want to run Windows Basic on my computer, and I want it to look close to the current Xp themes. The current Windows Basic theme is actually very basic! Going to Vista will be downgrading the OS from Xp to before Xp.
August 28th 06 08:10 PM
by Little Brother Go to last post
8 728
Error during boot on vista installer by ReMeE
I have the same problem with My Asus K8N-E Delluxe (Nforce4) motherboard. Does anyone already have a solution The strange thing is that when I install it on my MSI K8N Diamond deluxe with for the rest almost the same hardware components as my Asus board the installation works just fine. My specs of both systems are Asus: 1 x 300 Gb Maxtor SATA drive, AMD 64 3000+ processor, 2 x 1 Gb...
August 28th 06 11:04 AM
by ReMeE Go to last post
0 573
Error during boot on vista installer by ReMeE
I have the same problem with My Asus K8N-E Delluxe (Nforce4) motherboard. Does anyone already have a solution The strange thing is that when I install it on my MSI K8N Diamond deluxe with for the rest almost the same hardware components as my Asus board the installation works just fine. My specs of both systems are Asus: 1 x 300 Gb Maxtor SATA drive, AMD 64 3000+ processor, 2 x 1 Gb...
August 28th 06 06:06 PM
by ReMeE Go to last post
4 528
Thanks for the help! by Iplant
I love to learn; so when the Media Center for Vista could not install my TV tuner I came to this discussion board for a fix. And I'll be darned if I didn't find one! SO to all those special people that take the time to answer questions; thanks for the lessons. This time I think I'll actually leave Vista installed! -- always learning
August 28th 06 02:45 PM
by Iplant Go to last post
0 530
I Am Back On Windows Vista Beta Testing Strike! by
That is Not what the Windows Vista Beta Team Blog says, Just FYI. "Jason" wrote in message ... Kevin, No offence, but being a MSDN or TechNet Plus subscriber does not entitle you to interm builds, FYI. Just be grateful that you have been given a chance to use Vista. RC1 will be out soon and should even be better then...
August 28th 06 04:56 PM
by Go to last post
0 488
Vista loading by vanwink
Hey Mike, I put in my specs for my system in another part of this forum, but if you need it again, it is a AMD athlon 3200 processor, Soltek motherboard, socket 939, I have a Ati video card X800 XT All-in-one-wonder. I have 2 gigs of memory and all total for the three hard drives, two internal one external, 600 gb. I have a IDE Western Digital Hard Drive with 80 gigs, a SATA drive of...
August 28th 06 07:19 PM
by vanwink Go to last post
0 559
Start menu recently opened programs issue by Warren
I thought it was broken but realized the settings I was looking for have another page with more settings that override the first page! Right click the "start menu" button then properties, that is the first page with the option with "store and display a list of recently opened programs", now click "Customize" next to the option above with the radio button that says "Start Menu". On that page...
August 28th 06 08:20 PM
by Warren Go to last post
0 477
Vista RC1 installation question by Joe727
Hi - I had been running Vista Beta 2 Build 5384 as a general beta tester. I found a few bugs and reported them. But because Build 5384 ran slowly, I removed it. It's my understanding that subsequent Builds have solved many of the speed problems, but those builds are available to general beta testers. Question: When RC1 is released, will I have to reinstall Build 5384, or will I be able...
August 28th 06 09:02 PM
by Joe727 Go to last post
2 480
Hardware issues by Lang Murphy
A safe assumption, but they drop new builds every day, if not multiple times a day, and many of the issues you may be having in, again, I assume build 5384, may very well already be fixed. For example; in 5472, there was no video driver for the Intel 945GM chipset. In 5536, there are drivers, so that's fixed. If I were still running 5472, the answer to fixing my video card driver would be to...
August 28th 06 09:11 PM
by Lang Murphy Go to last post
0 504
Error during boot on vista installer by ReMeE
I have the same problem with My Asus K8N-E Delluxe (Nforce4) motherboard. Does anyone already have a solution The strange thing is that when I install it on my MSI K8N Diamond deluxe with for the rest almost the same hardware components as my Asus board the installation works just fine. My specs of both systems are Asus: 1 x 300 Gb Maxtor SATA drive, AMD 64 3000+ processor, 2 x 1 Gb...
August 28th 06 11:02 AM
by ReMeE Go to last post
0 577
Today Could be my Lucky Day, According to MSN Horoscopes, MSDN Tester's Just Might get Windows Vista Build 5536 Today, Just FYI. by
Today Could be my Lucky Day, According to MSN Horoscopes, MSDN Tester's Just Might get Windows Vista Build 5536 Today, Just FYI. P.S. I am a Leo, Just FYI.
August 28th 06 12:52 PM
by Go to last post
2 477
Will 5536 be on MSDN by Mark Gillespie
On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 00:42:40 +0100, Jupiter Jones wrote: It is not reasonable to compare the Technical Beta testers to MSDN/Tech Net subscribers. While individuals may have varying agendas, the main purpose of the programs are very different from the Technical Beta.
August 28th 06 02:18 PM
by Homer J. Simpson Go to last post
2 551
VISTA RAM by Chris Game
Lang Murphy wrote: I would not recommend trying to run Vista on a system with only 512MB's RAM. Unless all you do is surf the web, you're not going to be happy with performance. How do you know...? -- Chris Game
August 28th 06 08:53 PM
by Lang Murphy Go to last post
4 511
What in the world are you IDIng that can't be discussed? by Chad Harris
I made my statements butressed by these facts--and I have plenty idea and I have since the thing started. 1) None of us were given an NDA on the TBT. Whatever the MVPs and TAP have in their own programs with their own unique brand of access is separate from the TBT although they are always included all TBT access--and more. 2) Paul Donnelly who administers the TBT made an explicit statement...
August 28th 06 02:05 AM
by Intel Inside Go to last post
1 630
VISTA RAM by Jupiter Jones [MVP]
Frank; Be careful what you assume. 5536 is not available to MSDN and probably will never be. There are many legitimate sources for Microsoft Beta products. -- Jupiter Jones http://www3.telus.net/dandemar http://www.dts-l.org
August 28th 06 02:47 AM
by Will Go to last post
3 719
Error Registering OCX when installing MSN 9.01 by M@dhat3rr
the OCX error, as far as I an tell, is because of the upgrade from 5384 to 5472. Between each build the shell is in constant change. OCX errors, unless I'm mistaken, are object errors when trying to 'talk' with any given api fails. I'd suggest to do full installs from vista to vista (since vista is still beta). "mojavekroc" wrote: After updating Vista to build 5472, I cannot install...
August 28th 06 04:32 AM
by mojavekroc Go to last post
1 640
Internet Games in 5536 by M@dhat3rr
no, MS made the decision to abandon the links to MSN gaming. "jOHNNY" wrote: Has Internet Games come back in build 5536 ??
August 28th 06 01:44 AM
by Will Go to last post
1 580
I Am Back On Windows Vista Beta Testing Strike! by
I already have tried e-mailing all 3 of the following: Paul Donnelly, The Windows Vista Beta Team, and The Microsoft Connect Beta Team, the Results Were Not Good, Just FYI. "firth" wrote in message ... How exactly do you plan on "going on strike"? How exactly is that supposed to quicken the...
August 28th 06 03:47 PM
by Go to last post
8 601
Will 5536 be on MSDN by Daphne Foldes
Hello Your Properties NNTP seems to be very similar to Mr. Kevin's. I just checked his in the file of my Dad's . Are you two related ? -- Daphne Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.
August 28th 06 05:04 AM
by Frank Go to last post
3 574
Hardware issues by Lang Murphy
I would hope that no one in their right mind would want to install Word for Windows 1.0 on anything, I was just using it as an example of asking for help for outdated software. Vista Beta 2 is outdated software. Build 5536, which I downloaded last Friday, for all intents and purposes, is outdated software because I am sure there a new builds already. Lang "William" wrote...
August 28th 06 09:15 PM
by Lang Murphy Go to last post

From The