Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Who the hell is Kevin John Panzke or Bill Yanaire? by Ibrahim Al-Qassam \(Abdelaziz\)
What is happening lately? Can we get back to helping people who are still refusing to upgrade to Win7? Who is this Stan Starinski - the superstar of Search Results?
June 17th 10 02:15 PM
by Bill Yanaire, ESQ[_6_] Go to last post
1 264
is it posible to keep the quick launch icons in a specific layout? by pyotr filipivich
I have moved the task bar tot he right side of the screen. I have a number of applications which I have 'loaded' onto the quick launch section of the task bar. Now, aside from the fact that Microsoft seems to have different icons for it's products in Vista and XP (and the confusion that is causing), is the small minor detail that the vista task bar seems to reorganize at random. I've set up...
June 17th 10 10:34 AM
by Tom Allen[_3_] Go to last post
7 343
Windows Movie Maker problem by Scorpio
Hi, I would like to know why I am having problems when I am importing from my digital camera my computer shuts down...so I have to unistall my webcam which is creative VF0350...then i have no problem importing. I would like to know why this happens. Using windows Vista.
June 17th 10 02:56 AM
by Scorpio Go to last post
3 337
ANN: MICROSOFT SENDS OUT WINDOWS SEVEN SERVICE PACK ONE BETA INVITES! by Bill Yanaire, ESQ[_6_]
Why not copy more news stories and paste the titles in the subject line? IDIOT. "Kevin John Panzke" wrote in message ... JUST FYI!
June 16th 10 10:31 PM
by Peter Foldes[_7_] Go to last post
2 436
Where is the Windows 7 Discussion Threads by ThomasAJ
-- Regards Tom
June 16th 10 09:29 PM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post
5 495
EFS - deleting temp files EFS0.tmp, EFS1.tmp, etc. by David[_42_]
Hi, I did something bad and enabled EFS on a folder, then decided to remove EFS. Windows has now left me with a number of EFS*.tmp files which I cannot now delete and they are really large. I understand what these files are, but really want to delete them and so far I haven't found a way to do this, have tried using Admin privilages and a Google search was fruitless.
June 16th 10 07:43 PM
by David[_42_] Go to last post
2 394
Problem with System Sounds working intermittently by Nisko
Sometime my system sounds work and most of the time they don't. My Device Manager doesn't show any problems. When I right click on the sound icon in the System Tray and click on Sounds, then try the sounds, most of the time they don't work. I have all the latest digitally signed drivers (HP Pavilion laptop). When I go straight to the Sounds folder and try the sounds, they don't work. I don't...
June 16th 10 05:40 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
4 390
Opened program minimizes itself to taskbar by Bud H
Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium Edition Problem: A program written for Windows XP when started immediately minimizes itself to the taskbar and I can't get it off the taskbar. I have used different compatability modes without success. If I choose to open in a maximized window, it opens fully for a fraction of a second and then immediately mimimizes itself to the...
June 16th 10 02:12 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
1 372
Trial upgrade to W7 by Paul H
I have a Windows 7 Home Premium that I have used on one of my laptops, with excellent results. After taking a complete backup of my wife's Vista laptop, I'd like to use the same CD on her laptop, as a 30 day trial. If she likes it, I'd be willing to pay for another copy. If not, I'd restore her laptop to it's Vista. I use StorageCraft, so my backup will restore everything, Vista, drivers,...
June 16th 10 02:08 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
5 497
Is there an overall default to show file names in Windows Explorer? by BudV[_4_]
Running Vista ver. 6 SP2. I get the impression that the view "show file names" parameter is controlled folder by folder. Is there a parameter that will cause ALL folders to show file names by default?
June 16th 10 12:43 PM
by Brent Go to last post
2 316
Vista Disk space by patchcat1
Hi,I am using a Vista Home Premium 32 bit,and the vista C drive keeps filling up,but I have two other drives a F and D drive,it seems my system has the C drive as the default,how can I change this I have done a disk check and compressed the drive but I want the computer to store information on the other two drives. Thanks Posted at http://microsofthelpforums.com
June 15th 10 11:36 PM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post
3 366
Yet another reason to scrap Vista by JethroUK©
I have 256,000 windows open and in use (well 7) and I have minimised them all(show desktop) so I can pop one window up Cant be done with this useless POS because when you pop one window up it pops all other windows up too - grrrrr Vista also has trouble 'paneing' windows Then Microsoft have the brass gaul to describe Windows 7 window paneing as some new breakthru "feature" that was standard...
June 15th 10 09:18 PM
by David Barnett Go to last post
8 430
Auto play by Mike Givens
How can I stop the PC from starting to auto play a movie disk in when I insert it? I was getting a menu with different choices. Thank you
June 15th 10 06:59 PM
by Tom Allen[_3_] Go to last post
1 317
Samsung ML-2510 Printer Driver Install = BSOD on Vista Premium SP1 by azmtnbiker
I just purchased a new Samsung ML-2510 laser printer and am trying to get the drivers to install under 32-bit Vista Home Premium SP1 on a HP laptop. Here's what happens: the installer starts up, unpacks its files, then throws up an "Initializing..." dialog box. The progress bar gets to about 75% completion, then I get a blue screen of death. I've downloaded the latest driver software from...
June 14th 10 10:27 PM
by LVTravel Go to last post
6 516
The Webpage you requested is not available off line. by Jerry
I use Windows Vista Home Premium and Int. Explorer 8. When I sign into my ISP I get the following message: “The webpage you requested is not available off line.” How can I eliminate this message? Thanks, Jerry 6/8/10
June 14th 10 10:15 PM
by Gene E. Bloch Go to last post
9 409
Can't extend screen display onto second monitor after reboot Vista 64—Radeon X1900 by [email protected]
I am reposting this with a different thread name because I now have a quite different understanding now of what is going on. Although the CCC interface works somewhat clumsily, when I reinstall CCC version 10.2—each time I reinstall it in fact, I am able to extend my screen on to the second monitor. I see an icon for screen 1 and a separate icon for screen 2 as I should and I can control the...
June 14th 10 06:48 PM
by Yousuf Khan Go to last post
5 323
Vista keeps chainging my folder view by Des
I go into a folder and get the following colums Album Artist, Genre, #, Rating. I don't want any of this rubbish. I only want date Modified which is missing. I remove this and put in Date Modified. Next time I go to my PC they are back again and Date Modified is gone WHY WHY WHY. Desmond.
June 14th 10 06:01 PM
by Tom Allen[_3_] Go to last post
2 284
Can't Print Windows Mail by Al
I cannot print email messages. Windows Mail locks up after I try to print. Printer works well for eveything else. I can copy & paste to Word & then print, but not from Mail like I used to.This started yesterday, the same day I noticed that I can't get Vista HP Window Update. Any suggestion as to why it won't print & any connection to Windows Update??
June 14th 10 04:36 PM
by Jack's stuff Go to last post
1 362
Vista shutdown problem by Petert[_2_]
Hi, Anyone have any idea why, on starting up my PC after having put it to sleep, it tells me that "Windows will shut down in 1 minute"? I'm running 64 bit Vista Home Premium -- Cheers
June 14th 10 11:59 AM
by Shenan Stanley Go to last post
1 251
Problems with Outlook 2007 and Vista! "Not Responding" message... by Kitty Kat
I just purchased a new laptop with Vista Basic Home Edition and then installed Office 2007. I then imported my PST file from my old computer. Having problems with Outlook now! Each and every time I try to navigate, ie. click on a drop down box, an email, a contact, anything, Outlook is delayed and it says 'Not Responding'. Has anyone else had this problem? Am I doing something wrong? Help!
June 14th 10 10:37 AM
by adam067 Go to last post

From The