Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Can Vista Business Edition change display interface to English? by daddy
I have Vista Business Edition but the OEM for my Notebook is Local in Thai Edition. How can I change display interface to English? I see LIP on Microsoft Website has no language pack in English edition. And I see someone says just only Ultimate edition can do this job, is it true? Can Vista Business edition change language from Local to English?
September 27th 07 10:54 AM
by Willem[_2_] Go to last post
1 464
'Stealth' Windows updates may do harm, says newsletter by Tiberius[_2_]
http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/microsoft/archives/122586.asp?source=rss 'Stealth' Windows updates may do harm, says newsletter Fixes made by Microsoft to installed copies of Windows without the user's knowledge or permission -- detailed here earlier this month -- at first seemed alarming but harmless. A story set to appear Thursday in Windows Secrets newsletter says that's not so. "We...
September 27th 07 10:31 AM
by Tiberius[_2_] Go to last post
0 459
visual styles for vista by Tiberius[_2_]
YES vista can have themes like XP could with the themeui patch...(or stylexp) this makes themes work naitivly... unlike windowblinds that installs a new theming service. Here are 2 interesting ones but try them on your own risk .. this is tricky stuff if you dont know what you are doing.. http://yoitzalvin.deviantart.com/art/Vista-Revamped-V1-1-65547851
September 27th 07 10:13 AM
by Tiberius[_2_] Go to last post
2 439
does three mouse make vista coocoo? by Translator English - French - Creole
could it be that having three device which act as a mouse can drive vista crazy. i have my touch pad= one mouse, i have the track ball = 2nd mouse, and i have a presenter device which also act as my third mouse, all i can tell is that vista is acting crazy since i put the presenter on and i think it's cuz it don't know which device to listen to, it's trying to listen to all of them. --...
September 27th 07 10:00 AM
by Tiberius[_2_] Go to last post
5 382
Cost of Linux PCs Reaches New Lows. BUT LINUX IS FREE?? AND STILL NOBODY IS INTERESTED.... by [email protected]
On Sep 26, 7:53 pm, Roy Schestowitz wrote: The $0 Laptop lives ... barely ,---- | spent all of $2 to get a 1/4-inch, 2.1mm DC power plug. After removing about | 20 screws, I still couldn't get the case all the way apart, so I propped it | open, soldered wires to what was left of the original power plug (two twisted | metal pieces and one trace atop the...
September 27th 07 09:21 AM
by Peter Köhlmann Go to last post
2 414
Two identicals emails being sent by 2shibas
I send one email to one person and they receive two identical emails from me. I'm not sure why two are being sent. I'm using windows mail with Vista. Thanks for your help.
September 27th 07 08:54 AM
by English Fan Go to last post
6 299
Vista build and release dates by me too[_2_]
I can't install vista 64 bit on my pc due to a bsod error I get during the last stage of installation. I'm hoping if I buy a current copy of vista with a more recent release date I'll have better luck. Would later versions have some bug fixes and more drivers or will all versions have the same version number till a service pack is released? I tried to install vista 64 oem build date date...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 27th 07 08:38 AM
by Jane C Go to last post
11 583
Weather Gadget by TommyRox
Wierd issue here, I live in Flower Mound Texas and the temp stays at 78 degrees in the built-in Waether gadget in my profile but works in all the others. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. BTW I have uninstalled and reinstalled and now help. Thanks in advance !!!!
September 27th 07 07:57 AM
by TommyRox Go to last post
1 419
Enable applications for new user account by drewb
We have a new Vista Business PC with a single administrative user account, which has access to several applications including Word and Excel. We would like to add a new Standard user and enable them to use the same set of applications. Unfortunately, when we add the new user account, it only has access to a handful of basic applications and not the full set we would like. How do we give...
September 27th 07 07:56 AM
by Qfreed[_2_] Go to last post
1 453
New Realtek HD Audio Drivers (ver. 1.78 -- 26 September 2007) by Cal Bear '66
New Realtek HD Audio Drivers (ver. 1.78 -- 26 September 2007): http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false#High%20Definition%20Audio%20Codecs I Bleed Blue and Gold GO BEARS!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 27th 07 07:18 AM
by Dr. Hackenbush Go to last post
13 610
Cannot connect with dial up internet connection by vea44
Dial up was working fine but suddenley it won't connect. It dials up, goes to authorisation and then disconnects. All I get is an error that comes up saying "Error during connection 6". I have tried reinstalling the isp, even tried a different isp but that hasn't worked. I have even changed the internal modem but that doesn't change the error. Can anyone help?
September 27th 07 06:45 AM
by vea44 Go to last post
0 429
Fax and Scan by Linda
I am new to Vista and have a simple question. When sending a fax through Windows Fax and Scan, If a contact has multiple fax numbers, is there any way to select different number from the list? The program always wants to use the same number each time, and doesn't seem to want to give me the option to choose. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You
September 27th 07 06:44 AM
by Linda Go to last post
0 423
Copying progress window disappeared by DJ_Jones
When I copy files in VISTA, the progress window screen does not show up anymore. Anyway to bring that back? The copy process went ok in all times.
September 27th 07 06:39 AM
by DJ_Jones Go to last post
0 429
BSOD Vista Install 0x000000EA by Matt Hughes
I am attempting to install Vista Business on a heavily upgraded HP x4000 workstation. I was about to finish the installation, and I got a STOP 0x000000EA BSOD. This is caused by a device driver, and safe mode gets me to the point where it says that it cannot finish the install in safe mode, then it reboots. Is there a way to pinpoint which device driver is the culprit?
September 27th 07 06:34 AM
by Matt Hughes Go to last post
0 426
screen goes and stays black on HP laptop by JDNEWK
JD Periodically my laptop screen on my HP dv2000 14 inch screen with Vista Ultimate will go black and I am completely unable to get it back without removing the batery and starting over. It tends to do this after a short period of inactivity while using explorer. I bought the computer in March 07. Any suggestions? Anyone else experience this? thanks fo rthe help. JDNewk
September 27th 07 06:09 AM
by Lang Murphy Go to last post
2 420
installing both 32 bit and 64 bit Ultimate by gconnor
I see that both the 32-bit and the 64-bit DVD's are included. I would like to try the 64-bit but would like to have the 32-bit to fall back on. Can this be done?
September 27th 07 05:50 AM
by Lang Murphy Go to last post
4 415
Resizing Partitions by Richard
Do I need partition magic to resize a partition or can I do that with Vista Ultimate?
September 27th 07 05:27 AM
by Chris Saunders Go to last post
6 480
great program for vista by Translator English - French - Creole
want to listen to the radio station on vista? look for a product called instant radio from compusa.com just make sure you get the vista program on there website. it's wanderfull, you can even set it to record a radio station like a dvr, rewind pause live music -- Jonathan Perreault Personnal Advice To You: #1: Do Not Undermine Windows's Work, Or It'll Undermine You As A User.
September 27th 07 05:16 AM
by Translator English - French - Creole Go to last post
0 449
Disk Space by Richard
I go to My Computer and click on C:\ and it's telling me I have 21 Gigs of used space. I double click on my C:\ and click on select all and go to properties and it's telling me I have 12 Gigs. What am I missing here?
September 27th 07 05:03 AM
by Val Go to last post
2 413
September 27th 07 04:34 AM
by Translator English - French - Creole Go to last post

From The