Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Network Map Issue by pjp[_5_]
Vista Home Basic laptop mixed with Win7 and XP desktops on a home network. All shares etc. work correctly. The problem is "Display Network Map" basically hangs while stating "Creating Network Map". PC becomes almost unusable and requires Task Manager to kill the process before pc returns to "kind of normal". It appears to be a "scvhost" process so unsure exactly what it's "running". I say...
July 6th 15 11:34 PM
by pjp[_5_] Go to last post
2 686
Folder management in the User areas by Ted Smith[_2_]
As I mentioned in an earlier post, I am fairly new to Vista. I noticed that within each User area there are 8 folders that are not accessible and seem to serve no purpose. They each have a yellow icon that has an arrow that points up and to the right. They a Application Data, Cookies, Local Settings, NetHood, PrintHood, SendTo, Start Menu, Templates Can these folders just be deleted...
June 24th 15 11:33 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
3 813
recovering files that have been permanently deleted by davidlmajors213
i am running vista premium i dont feel like spending money for a computer that can be easily fixed at home than at a shop. what can i do from home to fix my problem. I also know some people too that might be of help and it wouldnt cost me athing but is their anything that i can do so that i may recover my file(s) that were deleted in the recycle bin. I understand that their is no real...
June 14th 15 07:43 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
3 675
Snip tool stopped working by RH Breener
Anyone have any idea how I can get the snip tool to SAVE again? It snips the scene but when I hit SAVE, nothing! This is the old Vista laptop. Thanks.
June 7th 15 03:50 PM
by VanguardLH[_2_] Go to last post
1 594
GANHE DINHEIRO NA INTERNET . by Rolando Roga
A Fr Promotora é uma empresa especializada em soluções financeiras e atuante no mercado desde 1998, ligada aos maiores Bancos e Seguradoras do Brasil. Serviços oferecidos: Previdência Privada Planos de Saúde Empréstimos Seguro de Vida Renda Extra Hospedagem de Sites e Registro de Domínio Lojas Virtuais
May 29th 15 11:08 AM
by Rolando Roga Go to last post
0 554
Creating personal data/special folders by Ken Springer[_2_]
Cross posted to 4 groups, as it probably applies to all these versions of Windows. Probably applies to older ones and Windows 10, but I don't follow those groups. I've never used this "system" as created by MS. It simply doesn't offer a categorization/organization method/means that makes sense to me. I know a lot of people have no problems with this method, which is perfectly OK. I'm...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 29th 15 02:47 AM
by Paul[_2_] Go to last post
63 3,120
Ref the Nuvi 2587 by Lee[_10_]
It has so much info available that the screen appears crowded got to check and see if all the apps can be turned off. Don't mind it if I need it but man seeing every place to eat and get gas sure can eat up the memory and scree. -- Lee US Army Retired 2004 Georgie Boy Cruise Master Skype: lee.g.bray and logitech
May 26th 15 03:51 PM
by Linea Recta[_2_] Go to last post
2 579
Interesting uninstall problem with old software by Ken Springer[_2_]
Never had *this* happen before... Vista Ultimate Service Pack 2 system, most definitely 32 bit. I've got an old piece of software installed that required running in XP SP2 mode when installed under Windows 7. I installed it here just to help my brother-in-law with the program, I never used it. The installation included a program written, apparently, in Dbase, and the installation also...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 23rd 15 08:24 PM
by VanguardLH[_2_] Go to last post
25 1,876
HOT-KOREA / Fresh-China / Fresh-Brazil / Fresh usa dumps with t1 andt2 / UK + Pin Higher Rate 95%.... Avaible now by Life Work
New updates of worldwide countries in the following bases : 1. HOT-KOREA fresh of 1K of korea dumps with high bins level 2. Fresh-Brazil-October The base name already descirbes the quality of the br dumps 3. Small-Fresh-China is china dumps with high quantity but good quality 4. USA-October-17 fresh usa dumps with t1 and t2
March 16th 15 08:12 PM
by Life Work Go to last post
2 487
WindowsMail compressed email and can't be opened. by R.H. Breener[_3_]
The above says it all. I got a windows popup to compress email so clicked OK. My saved inbox messages vanished. I found them but they can't be opened. Going to the net as per the popup when I tried to open them, I got a MS doesn't recognize the file type. MS WM compressed them so how can it not know the file type? How do I open these? What good is compressing them as this did as a...
February 28th 15 08:03 PM
by R.H. Breener[_3_] Go to last post
0 536
opaque white rectangle in lower corner of screen above taskbar by Laurence Smith
For the past few months I have frequently found a solid white rectangle that sits above the task bar in the lower right corner of my screen. I can't determine what program or process is causing this and about the only way to get rid of it is to reboot the PC. Has anyone else experienced this and would anyone be able to hazard a guess as to what may be causing this annoyance?
February 27th 15 11:35 AM
by David H. Lipman Go to last post
5 728
Internet Explorer Has Stopped Working by [email protected]
I have a friend's PC with Windows Home Premium on it. I am stuck trying to fix her problem. The only browser she has on it is Internet Explorer. When I try to execute it, I get an error: Internet Explorer has stopped working. A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.
February 25th 15 07:47 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
9 622
Patch Tuesday updates screw up Vista fonts by Tim Slattery[_2_]
My Vista laptop machine has installed 15 updates for Patch Tuesday. Now the font rendering seems to be screwed up. My first thought was that the font smoothing settings had been fouled up, but that doesn't seem to be the case. ClearType font smoothing is still set, and selecting Standard, or turning it off altogether makes it even worse. Does anybody have a clue? -- Tim Slattery tim at...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 20th 15 09:39 PM
by David H. Lipman Go to last post
15 1,128
Mini-computers by Ken Springer[_2_]
On 2/19/15 10:09 PM, Android99 wrote: MS Office 2013 doesn't work on Windows XP. Yep, but my friend has Office 2003 installed, which is also no longer supported. snip -- Ken
February 20th 15 09:36 AM
by Ken Springer[_2_] Go to last post
0 477
Command Line As Admin: Endless Clock? by (PeteCresswell)
Got a Vista machine where I suspect either malware or some drive problem. User opens up Outlook, and it just clocks and clocks. The PC is effectively locked up and only a reboot will get it back. I open up a Command Line and no problem: I can Ping, list C: directories, and so-forth. But the Command window wants to be opened with "Elevated Mode", which I
January 31st 15 04:35 PM
by (PeteCresswell) Go to last post
6 693
TRanserfering from Vista Outlook Express to Win8 Windows Live Mail by The Doctor[_2_]
I was able to back up a Vista Box e-mail and contacts. It now must be restored in Windows 8.1 Windows Live mail. How can you import? -- Member - Liberal International This is Ici God,Queen and country!Never Satan President Republic!Beware AntiChrist rising! http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism Birthday 29 Jan 1969,...
January 7th 15 02:01 PM
by David H. Lipman Go to last post
1 507
NEW UPDATE Approval Rate 90% To TOP-CHINA-JAPAN, TOP-USA-FL4, by Life Work
**********DUMPS CCS SHOP FRESH TRACK 2 DUMP SHOP!************** Introducing to the General Public, Our Track 2 Dumps Service! AVAILABLE NOW 1. Largest,Freshest bases ever!!! ( WORLDWIDE V/MC/AMEX) 2. Superior Customer service verified vendor on forum : kurupt...vprov...privatemarket 3. Greatest Service of Bin Consultation for your area! 4. Fair Prices, Fair replacement service, and Great...
October 31st 14 10:46 AM
by Life Work Go to last post
0 640
Unable to log into eBay and Facebook - "No network access" by Val[_6_]
I can log into eMail, internet banking... no problem but eBay and Facebook say no network access. Clicking the MS debug option reports all to be working fine - which is true, except for eB and FB. Help, please.
October 20th 14 02:40 AM
by Idaho Homo Joe Go to last post
2 542
Expired cirtificate errors FireFox and IE (Vista 32 bit) by R. H. Breener[_2_]
For the last hour IE and Mozilla Firefox have become unusable. Almost every website bring up an Expired Certificate window and wont let the pages load. They all say This Page Is Untrusted. So neither can be updated. So far I've run Spybot, Malwarebytes, Windows defender and JRT - nothing was found in the way of adware, viruses, nothing. What could be causing this with both browsers? ---
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 14th 14 05:20 AM
by R. H. Breener[_2_] Go to last post
18 1,709
IE wont let me install Chrome by R. H. Breener[_2_]
How can I get IE 7 to allow Google Chrome to be installed? I keep getting some kind of certificate BS thing even when I hit "display blocked content." I despise IE and want to see how Chrome works. PC has Vista OS. TIA ---
September 7th 14 06:26 AM
by P.O. Go to last post

From The