Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
PCI graphics card for Vista? by Brian Wescombe
Would a PCI graphics card (Nvidia GeForce 5200) allow Aero Glass to work in Vista?
August 29th 06 12:22 AM
by Master Chief Go to last post
5 477
How much will Vista cost? by Jason
Everyone has been asking this question for some time now. Microsoft has finally released the prices on their Canadian Microsoft web site: Microsoft.com Canada has released pricing for Windows Vista. Windows Vista Ultimate is listed at $499 Canadian which translates into $450.36 in USD. Home Premium is listed at $299 or $269.86 USD, Vista Ultimate Upgrade is priced at $299 or $269.86 USD, while...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 29th 06 01:22 AM
by Ian Go to last post
11 816
Is One Care yet compatible with "5536 RC1 Foreplay?" by Chad Harris
I noticed that MSFT has so helpfully provided some links to "Live" pages on the 5536 Welcome Page--an advance that all the Beta team PMs and Developers should be hifiving themselves over for weeks while neglecting some major components that will be shipped broken I get to touch on later. Dr. Gary Flake hasn't gotten around to conferring his magic on www.microsoft.com yet, and isn't it great...
August 29th 06 01:26 AM
by Will Go to last post
8 472
Microsoft Linux??? by William
What would happen to the Linux world if Microsoft were to write its own version of Linux that could live perfectly in a Windows world and run Windows Office applications? William
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 29th 06 02:18 AM
by Raven Mill Go to last post
12 833
No Sound after sleep mode by Deepak Shenoy
My sound card works fine. When my Vista computer awakes from sleep the sound does not work. I have to reboot to get this to work again. Has anyone seen this problem or know how to fix it?
August 29th 06 03:14 AM
by Will Go to last post
1 574
Suggestion for 5536 by Tom Ziegmann
For those of you that get 5536, I have one suggestion. Make your bug reports public, that way we can let you know the status of your feedback and we in the TechBeta can help repro and validate your reports. To do this make sure you have the latest Beta Client. (Install by using the icon on your desktop after you install.) In the client go to the Options link on the left hand side of the...
August 29th 06 05:41 AM
by Jane C Go to last post
4 462
RC1 - Customer Preview Programme by Gazza
Will we, by default, receive the RC1 build of Vista if we are on the Customer Preview Programme? I am currently using the earliest (5384).
August 29th 06 09:15 AM
by Jane C Go to last post
1 477
IPsec configuration in "Windows fiarwall for advanced security" by bessyo
It isn't understood well about the movement of IPsec and configuration in "Windows fiarwall for advanced security". It isn't connected with when AES algorithm is used in IKE and IPsec. and it isn't connected with when presharedkey is used. I can't decide where I should ask it these problem. Won't you teach if anyone knows? Thanks
August 29th 06 11:17 AM
by bessyo Go to last post
0 475
Ininstalling Windows Vista by taylor
I had windows xp already installed on my computer that i purchased . I replaced it with windows vista beta build 5384 some time later but to my disapointment it wasnt as good as i thought it would be. A windows XP cd wasn't provided with my computer and i want to re-install windows xp. What can i do. Is it pssible to get a windows xp cd without purchasing it or another way to get windows XP...
August 29th 06 12:32 PM
by taylor Go to last post
0 457
Ininstalling Windows Vista by taylor
I had windows xp already installed on my computer that i purchased . I replaced it with windows vista beta build 5384 some time later but to my disapointment it wasnt as good as i thought it would be. A windows XP cd wasn't provided with my computer and i want to re-install windows xp. What can i do. Is it pssible to get a windows xp cd without purchasing it or another way to get windows XP...
August 29th 06 12:41 PM
by Brett Go to last post
1 480
Group Policy bug in Beta 2? by Mike
When I logon to a domain with a disabled network card (cached mode), Vista "forgets" all Group Policies. I tried this on two different machines. When I enable the network card and run gpupdate /force the Group Polices still don't load. Only after rebooting everything works again. I had no other problems with Group Policies on these Vista machines. I tried the same with WinXP in this domain....
August 29th 06 12:49 PM
by Mike Go to last post
0 443
Group Policy bug in Beta 2? by Mike
When I logon to a domain with a disabled network card (cached mode), Vista "forgets" all Group Policies. I tried this on two different machines. When I enable the network card and run gpupdate /force the Group Polices still don't load. Only after rebooting everything works again. I had no other problems with Group Policies on these Vista machines. I tried the same with WinXP in this domain....
August 29th 06 12:49 PM
by Mike Go to last post
0 476
Group Policy bug in Beta 2? by Mike
When I logon to a domain with a disabled network card (cached mode), Vista "forgets" all Group Policies. I tried this on two different machines. When I enable the network card and run gpupdate /force the Group Polices still don't load. Only after rebooting everything works again. I had no other problems with Group Policies on these Vista machines. I tried the same with WinXP in this domain....
August 29th 06 12:50 PM
by Mike Go to last post
0 497
UAC bug with 5536 and connecting to Mac OSX? by Steve Maser
Submitted this bug against a previous seed, but it's still there in 5536 (so I submitted it *again*). Anybody else able to confirm this? UAC in current Vista seed fails to allow Windows app installer to run from Mac hard disk Summary: The last two Vista builds will not allow me to connect from Vista to an OSX box to run a Windows application installer located on the OSX box hard disk -- if...
August 29th 06 02:17 PM
by Steve Maser Go to last post
0 476
Pre-RC1 ISO size by Angel Massa
I'm surprised that Pre-RC1 release has aproximately 1Gb less than Beta 2. That's what I think to remember. Some one wondered what was on this Gb removed by Microsoft? Regards, Angel.
August 29th 06 02:23 PM
by Jane C Go to last post
1 499
Want pre-RC1 5536? by firth
Free to the first 100,000 downloaders: http://download.windowsvista.com/preview/prerc1/en/download.html -- Robert Firth http://www.winvistainfo.org
August 29th 06 02:26 PM
by firth Go to last post
3 467
MS-DOS program starts only in full screen mode from command line by Juergen Gau
I noticed problems with window mode/full screen mode when running DOS programs from the Vista command line "cmd.exe". Let us take as example an MS-DOS program which you will find e.g. at INTEL. It is the CPU command line identification tool CPUID.EXE. This program shows up fine in window or full screen mode when started from the "cmd.exe"-window until Windows 2000. When started under Windows...
August 29th 06 02:46 PM
by Juergen Gau Go to last post
0 456
Windows Vista No Longer in Free Fall by MICHAEL
http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/winvista_5536.asp Windows Vista Build 5536 Review And just like that, we can suddenly see the light at the end of the tunnel. All of our hopes, all of our worries, all of whatever feelings we may have for Windows Vista are hanging on the edge of a precipice. Will they ship it on time? Will they ever ship it? Does it even matter? Increasingly, the actual...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 29th 06 03:21 PM
by Homer J. Simpson Go to last post
14 804
Lastest news on final release date by DanielQ
What is the latest news on the final release date of Windows Vista for the customer and what memory on graphics card should I buy if I am not a gamer (128MB or 256MB)? Thanks
August 29th 06 03:23 PM
by Homer J. Simpson Go to last post
5 630
Final release date--Plenty of debate on Delaying It Right Now by DanielQ
What is the latest release date that Microsoft has suggested? "Chad Harris" wrote: There are indications to me. Delay is in fact being hotly debated by your friends at Redmond. There are a slew of arguments right now between PMs who know are ready to push to get anything signed off and developers who know much is broken. If this thing ships Nov/Jan it will be the most broken...
August 29th 06 03:27 PM
by Chad Harris Go to last post

From The