Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
adminpak.msi for Vista? by
I want to upgrade my WinXP Pro to Vista RC1, but I tested in the lab and it removes the Admin tools. I have a 2000 AD. The only way I know to get AD admin tools (AD Users and computers, AD Sites/Services, etc.) is to actually set up Longhorn Server, the make it a DC, then use the tools installed to administer the other domain. Is there any other way?
September 30th 06 02:28 AM
by Rock Go to last post
5 178
laptop docking - dual monitor issue by
Hi all, I have a Dell Laptop (vista certified) running Vista ultimate edition. I dock this laptop into a docking station and have a monitor and bluetooth keyboard/mouse. My laptop is to the left of my monitor. I have the monitor set as the main monitor and laptop display as secondary. The problem is everytime the OS enters screen saver mode it loses this setting. I have to manually re-set...
March 21st 07 09:46 PM
by DellCA Go to last post
1 187
Heres a thought by
Seems many people are having trouble with Vista. I was just wondering how many upgraded from XP? I heard from some friends of mine that upgrading from XP to Vista was not the best alternative, as it was prone to errors and problems after Vista was installed. I went the route of buying the 'non-upgrade', full, Vista OS. I did a clean install of Vista after a hard drive reformat. I have Vista...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 27th 07 05:15 PM
by Nina DiBoy Go to last post
24 374
FSX by
Is there a NG for FSX? If not there should be :) Should be a couple I should think. One for general FSX issues, one for developers (SimConnect) programming, etc. I have finished an FSX multiplayer server I have programmed in VS C++. A public freeware release soon, kind of waiting for the developer community to set a network standard for FSX so we can all share addons. That however probably will...
March 21st 07 05:50 PM
by gls858 Go to last post
2 378
ADVICE PLZ by
At the present time I host webpages and software servers for many purposes. I host a http, dns, ftp, smtp/pop3 servers. I am the authorative dns server for my own domains and those I host. These software servers are all made by different vendors. I would like to change over to the Windows Server 2003 R2 solution, but I have questions. In particular I have been looking at the Standard edition. I...
April 2nd 07 06:00 AM
by Go to last post
3 201
news group by
There will also be an alternative news group for a varitey of topics at 71.216.240.133 if you all want another place to post. Check it out. I can also put yup custom NG's for people topics. Ideas for new NG's are welcome. G
April 12th 07 05:45 PM
by Go to last post
0 215
April 13th 07 01:24 AM
by Go to last post
0 161
April 13th 07 01:24 AM
by Go to last post
0 129
Vista Install + BIOS Options by
A freind of mine is trying to install Vista to a P4 motherboard. It isn't very old. but won't boot from the disc. In the BIOS there isn't a boot option for a DVD only a CD drive. Could this be why its failing to boot from the DVD disc? They get the "Press any key to boot from the DVD....", but when they do press any key, it just carries on booting into Windows XP. TIA S
April 17th 07 08:29 PM
by AJR Go to last post
5 187
2003 sp1 certificate enrollment by
Hi all, I have a Vista Ultimate laptop that is member of our corporate domain. I need to download and install a client certificate from our CA Server that is running 2003 sp1. The problem is when I access the enrollment pages, I get a dialog box saying downloading activex control and it stays there. I have read http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922706/en-us. It states that we must use the...
March 13th 07 09:39 PM
by OKuma Go to last post
1 205
About 3part software backup for vista by
Hi guys, anyone can uggesst me a good backup softwware that run on Windows Vista ? Thanks in advance.
March 15th 07 09:01 PM
by Michal Kawecki Go to last post
6 237
Check Disk Killed my Computer!!! by
Okay, I'd upgraded to RC1 build 5600 (NO ONE TOLD ME THERE WAS 5728!!!) and had booted up my computer properly for the first time. During boot it wanted to do Chkdisk, i skipped it and booted up my computer. It was running fine for a few minutes and then told me that the 'Windows Event Log Service' had terminated unexpectedly and had to restart my computer. It restarted and wanted me to do...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 28th 06 12:49 PM
by LS \(V\) Go to last post
18 303
Windows Vista Resources and Info's by
A great site to find out more about Windows Vista: http://www.winsupersite.com/ Releases I'm tracking Here are the new and upcoming product releases that I'm tracking for this site. Out now Virtual PC 2007 Beta 1 Internet Explorer 7
January 28th 07 01:13 PM
by Go to last post
0 268
Is 64 Bit Worth It? by
I have an Asus A8N SLI Delux board, 64 bit AMD Athlon 3200, 2 GB RAM and a 250 GB hard drive. All drivers are supported under both 32 and 54, however, I'm just not sure if there's be a benefit to running 64 bit Vista Ultimate. Any thoughts?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 26th 07 11:49 AM
by Raq Go to last post
19 352
Nero 7 Premium by
Any idea if Nero 7 Premium (not Ultra) works under Vista 64?
February 13th 07 08:43 PM
by renmo Go to last post
2 155
Korean Character Set? by
Under XP and earlier, I used the Asian Suite from UNIONWAY so my wife could type in Korean to email the folks back home. This program is not available for VISTA and she must be able to write stuff in Korean! How do I make this work, with or without third party software? HELP!!!
February 20th 07 12:14 AM
by Go to last post
0 203
Document previews by
You can see a preview of an image on its file icon. I thought it was supposed to be the same for other files such as word and text documents. Am I correct and if so is this feature turned on by default?
March 6th 07 01:49 PM
by Adam Albright Go to last post
3 185
DOSBox running on Vista by
Is it possible to run the DOSBox emulator on Vista? Are there any issues specific to Vista?
March 14th 07 07:43 AM
by Michal Kawecki Go to last post
4 224
file defragmentation by
Is it possible to run the Contig / PageDefrag tools in Vista? Are they needed? Or does Vista defragment the files / pagefile in background?
March 18th 07 10:13 AM
by Go to last post
5 301
I work at the Post Office also, Just FYI by
I am so happy Kevin is using the newsgroup as a personal vehicle to let us know about his escapades, I thought I would say that I also work at the Postal Service. I graduated the third grade so I am fully qualified, Just FYI. I am NOT an MSDN subscriber, by the way. Just FYI. Karen Jane Panze
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 17th 07 06:10 PM
by mikeyhsd Go to last post

From The