Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Import Calendar From Outlook to Windows Calendar? by Stephen
Is there a way? Windows Calendar expects the file to be in RFC2445 format (iCal?) but Outlook has very limited export formats and doesn't have this option. Are Windows Mail & Windows Calendar intended to replace the same functionality in Outlook? Thanks, Stephen
September 12th 06 08:46 PM
by Leonardo Garcia Go to last post
1 367
Gathering Files Cancels @32% by Lizard7151971
Hello All, Been running 5384 for a while, was glad to find out RC 1 was released. However, upon trying to install it, it will get to 32% and cancel the instalation. Just says it encountered a problem and it will go back to the inital instal screen. I am running it with an .iso program (two actualy, thought maybe it was the program running it. Virtual CloneDrive, and MagicISO.) I don't...
September 12th 06 08:28 PM
by Lizard7151971 Go to last post
0 364
Still No Email or DVD Kit by mojavekroc
Here it is 4 days after release and still no email. I have already downloaded the RC1, but geez louise, I would think that by now I would have gotten the email. Also, I had registered (and paid my $9.95) for the Windows Vista Release Candidate 1 (RC1) Evaluation and Resource Kit. I have emailed them about shipment but got a boiler plate response: Thank you for contacting the Windows Vista...
September 12th 06 08:25 PM
by Jim Boyle Go to last post
6 357
Ain't Beta Testing Fun? by Lee H.
Gigabyte 7VT600P-RZ, AMD XP3200, 2 Gigs of cheap memory, 2 WD 250 Gig SATA drives in Raid O. Been running XP (on WD IDE drive) since it came out and finally have it where I want it. Now I'm bored! So, I played with Beta 2 for a while and just got it set up when Pre-RC1 came out. Didn't get too involved with that because RC1 was around the corner. Now: RC1! (All downloaded problem-free with...
September 12th 06 08:23 PM
by Possum Go to last post
7 435
Upgrade to RC1 by George Spiro
Hi, I am having trouble to get my drivers for my SATA to upgrade my current BETA 2 installation on my M400 Tablet. I am looking for the storage drivers for my SATA. Which seems to be a ICH7 Intel but I cannot find them anywere was anyone able to by pass this? Thanks, G.
September 12th 06 08:19 PM
by Olaf Krause Go to last post
6 408
copy from network drive happens twice, the second one with lots of security issues by Peter
Hi, When I copy (or move) a file from a mapped network drive to the system (e.g. desktop) I always get whistles and bells asking me if I want to overwrite. Yet the file was originally not there. Windows appears to copy the file first, then starts complaining that it's already there, and next gets you into trouble with all sorts of security issues. Vista RC1 Build 5600
September 12th 06 08:14 PM
by Peter Go to last post
0 313
Can access Pop Email - RC1, Outlook 2007 by mpatten
I'm running Vista RC1 and Outlook 2007 (beta 2) and minus a few driver issues, everything seems to run just fine. However, I can't get Outlook 2007 to connect my company's Pop email server. It times out with 0x8004210B error. I've double checked all the setting and they look right. I even deleted and recreated the account in Outlook, with no luck. I can access via webmail, so there is no...
September 12th 06 08:12 PM
by mpatten Go to last post
5 359
delete windows vista beta 3 by corneel
hello ,how can i remove or delete windows vista from my harddisk ? I don,t have made a partition for windows vista beta or any backup made from my harddisk? please can someone help me thx ?
September 12th 06 08:07 PM
by Mamamegs Go to last post
2 340
Autorun CD Issue with Vista by RussellS
Not a time-sensitive emergency, as Vista won't be RTM for a couple months, but... I'm a small system builder who has always issued a Drivers & Programs CD/DVD with all systems sold. These CDs are basically simple disc-based webs, using basic html with an index.htm page, having basic hyperlink navigation to other pages on the disc for various component driver instruction pages, along with a...
September 12th 06 07:41 PM
by RussellS Go to last post
0 314
Minidump Files on a crash by Al
On Vista build 5520, I am trying to get a minimdump file for a crash. I was able to get a .mdmp file once in the users\appdata\local\temp directory once. After that, I have not been able to get that. Everytime the program crashes, I do not see this temporary dump files geting generated but all I see is a message saying the program will close. Anyone have any idea how I can generate the...
September 12th 06 07:30 PM
by John Barnes Go to last post
5 374
Not-needed services? by Brian Wescombe
I've disabled some services that I know I don't need, but is there a list somewhere of ones that can be safely stopped to make boot-up/use faster?
September 12th 06 06:55 PM
by Brian Wescombe Go to last post
0 313
Where is the Visual Appearence?? by Asa
In Build 5300 for the RC1 op system... where has the Visual Appearence gone from the personalization menu?? Click the Start button , click Control Panel, click Appearance and Personalization, click Personalization, click Visual Appearance, and then follow the instructions for changing the color scheme.
September 12th 06 06:38 PM
by Asa Go to last post
0 318
Vista Calendar by Rafael
Nice!!! Just left click on the icon tray clock. Surprise! A calendar with a big clock apears! That´s great cause I always had to right click the clock to see the calendar in XP. Then click on the month (not the arrows) above the calendar days. Click one more time. It should be integrated with the windows calendar showing a different color
September 12th 06 06:05 PM
by deebs Go to last post
2 351
Too many blue screens by Saucy
I've gotten too many blue screens for comfort. Anyone else been getting blue screens from Vista in day-to-day operation? I never seem to get to that place where I feel confident about how the thing will behave. . Funnily enough, the x64 version behaves better for me than the x32 version.
September 12th 06 05:58 PM
by Saucy Go to last post
4 369
event error #1000 by David Sherman
How do I resove this? thanks Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 9/12/2006 11:10:17 AM Event ID: 1000 Task Category: (100) Level: Error
September 12th 06 05:48 PM
by David Sherman Go to last post
2 326
Must turn off UAC to get applications to install from mapped drive by cdoyle
We have several applications that run on network drives. The workstation install of these apps requires you to turn off UAC to get it to run. If not it will change the path to the network app to the UNC path instead of the drive letter causing the install to fail. Has anyone else seen this? -- cdoyle
September 12th 06 05:37 PM
by cdoyle Go to last post
0 315
Applications running on Mapped drives require UAC turned off to in by cdoyle
Several of our applications run on mapped server drives when you run the workstation install of the application it tries to replace the mapped drive with the UNC path to the network drive. The only way we know to get the install to complete is to turn off UAC(user access control). Has anyone else seen this? -- cdoyle
September 12th 06 05:33 PM
by cdoyle Go to last post
0 318
vista rc1 by Dennis Bair
right now I have the build 5384 it works alright except with a few issues with windows mail I was wondering I want to stay up dated should I try to get vista rc1 or stay with what I have? I dont want to be left out in the cold . or is rc1 for those dual core people? and how do I get a copy of it I just want to do stuff right. Nomind
September 12th 06 05:19 PM
by patrick lalonde Go to last post
2 339
Complete format at installation - I wanted a clean disk by Beck
"Garry" wrote in message ... When I installed Vista Beta 2 August two weeks ago, I used the format option and was rather suprised that it worked so quickly. On XP, one can select QuickFormat which I imagine that this was done during the Vista installation or Normal Format which takes about half an hour for a 120 GB ...
September 12th 06 05:17 PM
by Saucy Go to last post
5 344
product key by patrick lalonde
i need a product key for vista bata 2 & rc1 please send to thank you.
September 12th 06 05:13 PM
by patrick lalonde Go to last post

From The