Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
where can I view public bug reports? by Beck
I want to see my bug online. Thanks.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 31st 06 04:32 PM
by Peter Go to last post
10 563
Screen Saver and Sleep Issues by Mark WS
On the screen saver issue, I can't say for certain but it never seems to activate or something is waking the PC up. I've been away from my computer during lunch and even once all night and have come back to an active desktop (no screen saver). On the sleep side, it appears that with 5536 USB mouse or keyboard (MS Wireless 6000 desktop) can no longer wake up the system. I need to use the...
August 31st 06 04:26 PM
by Mark WS Go to last post
2 450
Graphics chip issue - performance assessment by Beck
I have been unable to do performance assessment rating on my laptop. I disabled the graphics driver and ran it again and it gave a rating of one, so I now know that the graphics driver was blocking the rating assessment from completing. Oddity though, windows update no longer has my graphics chip driver on it. (chipset 915/910 Intel) I have installed the XP drivers but they have made my...
August 31st 06 04:00 PM
by Go to last post
3 374
Probelm Reports and Solutions- IE7 update? by MICHAEL
The message below is what I get when I open up "Problem Reports and Solutions". Vista is not listed as an option at the download site. ------------------------------------------------------------- An update for Internet Explorer 7 Preview is available
August 31st 06 03:25 PM
by MICHAEL Go to last post
6 409
nTrack EasyRecovery Professional 6.1 and RC1? by Rowan Prior
Just installed RC1 (build 5536) onto a test machine (anyone got an extra product key???), and there appears to be a problem OnTrack EasyRecovery Professional 6.1. First, when I attempt to undelete a file, I warned that the account I am using has insufficient privileges and none of my drives are available as selections.. I am logged in using my admin account. I have created a new account,...
August 31st 06 02:51 PM
by Rowan Prior Go to last post
1 293
OnTrack EasyRecovery Professional 6.1 by brother52
Just installed RC1 (build 5536) onto a test machine (anyone got an extra product key???), and there appears to be a problem OnTrack EasyRecovery Professional 6.1. First, when I attempt to undelete a file, I warned that the account I am using has insufficient privileges and none of my drives are available as selections.. I am logged in using my admin account. I have created a new account,...
August 31st 06 02:23 PM
by Rowan Prior Go to last post
1 342
OnTrack EasyRecovery Professional broke by brother52
Hi there, Just installed Vista RC1 (build 5536) onto one of my test machines (anyone got a spare product key???), and went to run OnTrack's EasyRecovery Professional 6.1, and it doesn't seem to be working correctly. First, when I attempt to undelete a file, I get the warning telling me that if I am running WIndows XP, I must be logged in as Admin -- which I am. Then, none of my local drives...
August 31st 06 02:00 PM
by brother52 Go to last post
0 379
Windows Live Mail Desktop(WLMD) by Brendan T
I have 5536 up and running. It's a thing of beauty. Just a little problem - when I try to download WLMD through Welcome center I get a message: "IE Requirement- add xMins:web to the HTML tag" What does this mean?
August 31st 06 01:56 PM
by Beck Go to last post
1 372
Vista installation won't start! by Nico957
Hello, I have tried to install Vista RC1 on my XP computer, but it says that I have to update a driver for Ali M5229 PCI Bus Master IDE-controller, a hard disk controller. I have been looking for the driver on the internet the hole day, but can't find it. what can I do? I also tried to boot the DVD, but then only a Vista background and the mouse appeares, not the installation... Please help...
August 31st 06 01:22 PM
by Nico957 Go to last post
2 469
It's Getting Better... by Travis King
5536 is quite a bit better than Beta 2... especially performance. It's almost as fast as XP. It still has some work to be done, however. First of all, my performance rating (Windows Experience Index) went up overall. My lowest rated item was my processor at 3.3, while in Beta 2, my lowest rated item was my RAM at 3.0. My RAM in 5536 is now at 4.0. In fact, except for my CPU,...
August 31st 06 12:50 PM
by Steve Drake Go to last post
5 477
Sound/Visual/Games by d3fin3d
Hey all, I'm running Windows Vista PR-1. Thus far, it looks pretty amazing (havn't seen any previous versions). But I've run into some issues whilst running Quake 3 Arena. There seems to be very little audio options for my sound card (Soundblaster Live! Value!). I can't seem to specifiy headphone mode, nor tweak the sound to fit my needs. Is there any way to install a decent driver for my...
August 31st 06 12:27 PM
by Beck Go to last post
5 529
Need help filing a bug report please by Beck
In the bug tool, there is the recorder option to record your clicks so you can reproduce a problem and it all gets convert to text and sent to MS. What I need to know is does the recorder also record background errors and any dialogue mentioned in pop up errors? I need to file an important bug, but if it does not record those then I will not bother recording them, will only do a text summary.
August 31st 06 12:01 PM
by Beck Go to last post
2 322
Vista upgrading and mail question by xfile
Hi, I just learned from some newsletters about the leak of Vista pricing and I know that is not the "official" announcement. In any case, just wondering what will be counted as an "upgrade"? Does it mean that owning XP or even earlier version is eligible for the upgrade or other? Note: Based on the leaked news, upgrade price is not so bad.
August 31st 06 11:55 AM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
9 521
Product Key required by rosco
I wish to trial Vista Beta 2 Build 5384 - but need a Product Key - Microsoft advise me to get one from anyone who is not going to use theirs 10 times - which is the limit on each key. Anyone willing to give me a copy - it would be greatly appreciated -- roscoerp
August 31st 06 10:02 AM
by rosco Go to last post
0 386
Vista versions? by Beck
I am trying to find information about what features are on each version of Vista - like home, home premium, etc. Every site I try including the MS one just really have broad descriptions about entertainment etc and do not actually properly list features. What I am looking for is maybe a comparison table where I can see side by side what features each version has. Does such a table exist please?
August 31st 06 09:38 AM
by Beck Go to last post
6 515
Another 5536 Download issue by snoots
I tried the akamia download and it downloaded the entire iso file close to 3 gigs. It then says it is checking the integrity and fails which deletes the iso. Then I downloaded the iso through Firefox browser. Burned the ISO DVD. Setup runs takes the product key and dies during the copying files stage saying it could not find files and to check the source for corruption. Tried reburning ISO...
August 31st 06 09:17 AM
by David Wilkinson Go to last post
3 499
.net framework 1.1 by B Barley
I have some software I wanna install in vista, will the .net framework 1.1 work under vista? Any clues, or suggestions? Guess I could try and see what happens.
August 31st 06 08:57 AM
by Anon Go to last post
6 528
Delete windows.old ? by Brian Wescombe
Just done a clean install of build 5536 on the drive Beta 2 was on. Is it safe to delete the 'windows.old' folder once i've finished with it?
August 31st 06 08:42 AM
by Brian Wescombe Go to last post
3 471
Pre-RC1 Build 5336 by Randy H
I've installed this build to a virtual pc this time and it seems to run faster than beta 2 did on a full install. UAC has gotten less annoying and chose to leave this enabled. Vista thinks I have an A: floppy drive, but I don't. Still can't run glass on a mobile Intel 915gm/gms,910GML express chipset card, maybe it's the VPC..I dunno.
August 31st 06 08:11 AM
by Steve Drake Go to last post
4 528
Can't download build 5536 help by Will Schuitman
Does anyone thats knows what's going on at MSFT, Know the status of their servers ??? something is very wrong downloading build 5536 has failed twice with the akamai download manager both with beta2 5384 and winXp Pro both instances it gives the Iso file but it's only 721kb in size also tried downloading with the browser Ie7 in vista and Ie6sp1 in winXp pro and in both instances it gives...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 31st 06 07:55 AM
by Will Schuitman Go to last post

From The