Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Is one of these really RC1? by Kerry Brown
http://download.windowsvista.com/preview/prerc1/en/download.html http://download.windowsvista.com/preview/prerc1/en/x86/download.htm I downloaded the first one. Is the second one a different build? The second url says "prerc1" The page itself says RC1 and has both the 32 bit and 64 bit downloads. -- Kerry
August 30th 06 02:46 PM
by Beck Go to last post
9 588
Patience by MICHAEL
http://www.windowsitpro.com/Article/ArticleID/93310/Windows_93310.html August 29, 2006 According to my sources, Microsoft plans to finalize Vista RC1 this afternoon. The build, 5568.16384, will ship internally today and will be seeded to customers next week if all goes well. To give you an idea of how momentous an occasion this is, consider that there were more than 825 bugs in the Vista RC1...
August 30th 06 02:45 PM
by David Wilkinson Go to last post
1 628
Windows Experience Index by Travis King
I'm surprised. My index rating actually went up from beta 2. I now have a 3.3 instead of a 3.0 Beta 2: CPU: 3.1 RAM: 3.0 HD: 3.7 GPU RAM: 4.3 GPU: 5.9 RC1: CPU: 3.3
August 30th 06 02:39 PM
by Steve Urbach Go to last post
2 523
Get rid of dual boot by Buddha Pest
I found a link to download the pre-rc1 vista from MS site but after downloading and installing, vista reports that it is beta 2 build 5384. Been there, done that. How do I get rid of the dual boot? Just delete win vista from the drive? Or do I need to change a config file in addition to deleting vista? Thanks. Oh, I'm using Win Xp-SP2.
August 30th 06 02:35 PM
by Buddha Pest Go to last post
6 679
check cd hash? by Beck
I was browsing the group last night and came across a post which showed an MS tool to check the cd hash of the Vista download. Can't seem to find this post again. Does anybody know please what this tool is? Also what is the hash I should compare it to?
August 30th 06 02:32 PM
by Beck Go to last post
2 545
The Sagem Fast 800 A3 by technogran
Hi, my ISP has just sent me a new modem and I am posting to see if anyone else has this modem working okay with Vista. Is seen by device manager as a USB ADSL WAN Adapter, but Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor still tells me that I will need to contact manufacturer, also has it under catagory as a network Adapter??? So if any of you have got this modem working okay with Vista can you let me...
August 30th 06 02:15 PM
by technogran Go to last post
0 531
Uninstalling Dual Boot program from XP by Bernarditz
Since 10 July I have been running Windows XP SP2 and Windows Vista build 5384 on a dual boot basis. Both of the relevant partitions are on my fixed HDD (IDE port 0) together with a third partition which is reserved for data only. I also have a "slot-in" caddy on IDE port 1 which enables me to use a number of different HDDs (one at a time of course) for external storage - including offsite...
August 30th 06 01:48 PM
by Bernarditz Go to last post
0 511
Disk usage of 5536 by Erik Wikström
I'm wondering how much of the disk the 5536 build takes when installed. I'm running Beta 2 and my Windows directory eats up 7.5GB, which is half the partition on which I've installed it. After installing Visual Studio and Office 2007 (Beta 2) there's not much left for other applications but I have not bothered with expanding the partition yet. I was however hoping that the new build might be...
August 30th 06 12:56 PM
by D. Rogers Go to last post
1 570
5536 Image by M@dhat3rr
Wow 5536, I have a page-long of bugs (thusfar) to report to MS. But I have a few questions about the image/disk. For those of you who burned the image, is there a real-mode portion of the installation? I ask because there isn't a option to part and format on the image. I know I could just do it in Computer Mangement, just figured it would be easier to have the option on the disk. Also, where...
August 30th 06 12:41 PM
by M@dhat3rr Go to last post
0 560
Does Windows Mail now import newsgroup subscription? by xfile
Hi, Does Windows Mail now can import newsgroup subscription along with account settings and all market messages?
August 30th 06 11:25 AM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
4 448
Clean Install of RC1 by John Chamberlain
I currently have Beta 2 installed as an upgrade over XP. Anyone care to give clean install instructions for RC1? TIA John C.
August 30th 06 11:21 AM
by John Chamberlain Go to last post
2 562
Remote Assistance by Daveo
Could anyone please tell me if they have had any success with remote assistance in Windows Vista. I have tried and have had none. My firewall settings are correct but to no avail, nothing happens.....
August 30th 06 11:04 AM
by Daveo Go to last post
2 577
Updated drivers not included in Pre-RC1 by Angel Massa
When I tested Beta 2 I had a problem with my wifi onboard driver. It was recognized by Vista but the driver don't work as expected. As I get my Internet connection from a WiFi network I had to take my desktop PC to a friend house and connect through the Ethernet LAN. After getting connection I was glad to see that Windows Update reported an updated wifi driver for my system. After the update...
August 30th 06 10:17 AM
by Angel Massa Go to last post
0 493
"Out of Box Experience" in Build 5536 (Pre-RC1) by DHarray
Hello, I downloaded and tried to install vista pre-rc1 (5536) today. i insert vista dvd while running win xp and started setup (new install on clean partition, no upgrade). after a few minutes i was prompt to restart. so i restarted. the new vista boot menu was shown, and i selected "Windows Setup". then after a few seconds with a black screen, my screen was painted green and white (fading)....
August 30th 06 09:43 AM
by DHarray Go to last post
6 577
move Offline Folder from C: to D: by CM
Hi all, Anyone know how to move Offline Files Cache from system drive to other drive? Thanks. CM
August 30th 06 09:42 AM
by CM Go to last post
0 500
BUMMED! by Paula
My 5536 build installed fine but what once worked in Beta 2 now doesn't work in 5536. It's my Linksys LNE100TX Ethernet card. Without it I can't access the net! SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHH Paula
August 30th 06 09:27 AM
by Intel Inside Go to last post
3 681
Fastes install since Win98 by Richard Urban
How sweet! From turning on computer with DVD in drive to first usable desktop was 28 min, 26 sec. Way to go Vista team! -- Regards, Richard Urban Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
August 30th 06 07:19 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
0 470
new key by Sam Steinhauser
I D/Led the new pre-RC1 and didn't get any kind of product key. My original CCP DVD product key won't work. What can I do? -- Sam
August 30th 06 07:03 AM
by Jupiter Jones [MVP] Go to last post
3 640
August 30th 06 06:40 AM
by Jesper Go to last post
2 543
Backup/Restore Problem by Chris
Before doing a clean install of 5536, I backed up my important files using Vistas' backup utility. When I tried to Restore after the install, I got the following error: "Windows was not able to load the selected backup set for the following reason: The backup catalog is corrupt or was created by a different version of Windows. Restore from a different backup." Any ideas on how to restore?
August 30th 06 06:31 AM
by Chad Harris Go to last post

From The