Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Vista partition problem by Ivan Covarrubias
I have installed winxp sp2 on C: and Vista Beta 2 5384 on D: when im on windows vista everything is fine, the problem comes on when im on XP, seems Vista mess up my drive. Partition magic 8.0 detects drive problems and XP show me a new drive J: with 0kb of storage and 0kb of free space, so i canĀ“t resize or delete partitions on my hard drive . this is my configuration:
August 30th 06 06:24 AM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
3 445
WshNetwork.AddWindowsPrinterConnection by Robert Fischer
Hello Does any body know why the (under Windows XP properly working) vbs-script Set WshNetwork = CreateObject("WScript.Network") WshNetwork.AddWindowsPrinterConnection "\\servername\printername" fails under Windows Vista with the following error message?: "Windows Script Host"
August 30th 06 06:24 AM
by Robert Fischer Go to last post
0 462
Partitioning hard drives. by Chad Harris
Dennis-- I came accross some rescue discs I had made with PM 8 the other day. But I made them on XP. I guess I would have to make them on Vista for use on Vista--is that correct? My understanding is that as of now, you can't install PM8 itself onto Vista but maybe you don't need to using your methods. I remembered the information and the tricks for faster PM use in Vista that
August 30th 06 05:46 AM
by JCO Go to last post
6 529
August 30th 06 05:44 AM
by Will Go to last post
2 531
August 30th 06 05:43 AM
by Will Go to last post
1 523
What is new with build 5535? by David Sherman
I am burning an image of build 5536. What is new? What is fixed? thanks
August 30th 06 05:40 AM
by Will Go to last post
2 489
Vista 5536 = RC1? by Joe727
Hi - I just got the e-mail from Microsoft with the link to download Vista RC1. Is Build 5536 RC1? Thanks Joe
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 30th 06 05:40 AM
by JCO Go to last post
13 765
Help on uninstalling Vista proper by NeoDude
I want to un-install Vista before I clean-install Pre-SR1. Is there any way to take off Vista AND the Boot Manager? I heard it's bad to just kill the partition. -- In the event of an emergency, walk, do NOT run, to the nearest System Restore point.
August 30th 06 05:38 AM
by Will Go to last post
2 500
Coming out by Andrew D
Does anyone know when windows vista coming out to buy??
August 30th 06 05:34 AM
by Will Go to last post
6 572
Vista In MS Action Pack? by Avatar
Does anybody know if Windows Vista will be included in the quarterly MS Action Pack subscribers in the Partnership program, after its availability? Regards and thanks. Avatar -------
August 30th 06 05:33 AM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
5 494
Is there a list of new features or enhancements for 5536? by Brett
I've been running Beta 2, and I was wondering if there was a list of new features and/or enhancements in the pre-rc1 (I'm dying to know if they finally made a new default sound theme ;) )
August 30th 06 05:28 AM
by Will Go to last post
2 496
Need help and advice with Build 5536 by Arthur Lipscomb
Hi. I could use some help and advice. I have a 160 gig SATA that has been my long term C drive, which XP is on and a recently purchased 500 gig SATA I purchased specifically for Vista. I installed Vista build 5536 on the 500 gig drive. I wanted to be able to go into the bios and select the operating system by picking which hard drive boots first. This hasn't worked. When I select the...
August 30th 06 04:23 AM
by Tom Ziegmann Go to last post
4 454
Obtaining a new key by squarec
Sorry if this is old ground... ....I've downloaded today's pre-RC1 release, but haven't participated before. Is it possible to sign up at this late stage and obtain one? Thanks, N
August 30th 06 04:14 AM
by Paula Go to last post
4 550
Any Work around on the installation by Mark Mather
I got Pre RC1 but it says i need 256 more ram, Beta 2 needed 256 to install anyone know how to get it to work with out the memory or is that it
August 30th 06 03:47 AM
by Edwin E. Smith Go to last post
1 583
can't install RC1 x32 on x64 desktop? by Jeje
Does it possible to install the x32 version on an x64 computer? I receive different bluea screen during the initial setup. so I can't install it . Thanks. Jerome.
August 30th 06 02:35 AM
by Willgart Go to last post
3 543
Boot Error RC1 by Chris
I just did an upgrade install to Vista RC1 from XP Pro. I downloaded the iso, mounted it in a virtual rom, and then did the install. Everything went fine except when Vista restarted the computer for the final time, and attempted to boot. The system did not boot, and wouldnt boot in safe mode or anthing. None of the boot options worked at all, so I rolled back to my version of XP.......
August 30th 06 02:11 AM
by Chris Go to last post
4 607
1820m and Patchmix - A Shot in the Dark for a Fix by Mark Scheidell
Installed 5536 last night and love the speed and stability improvements. Was surprised that it recognized my E-MU E-DSP soundcard and automatically installed a driver. One ray of hope. So then I tried to load the Patchmix DSP application it installed and with a little finesse I was able to get it to kind of load. Once it loaded though it could not find the EMU soundcard. Without Patchmix...
August 30th 06 02:08 AM
by Mark Scheidell Go to last post
0 490
I don't have enough time to get rid of bugs I need to format HDD. by [MON]Master_Paladin
I loaded the latest Vista and it really messes with my OS. I need to format my HDD urgently. Nothing really works since install of VISTA 5536. No printer..No AVG..NO Disk keeper 7 no Gamespy Arcade ..No Bf2CC Daemon. No BF2. I filed all reports but cannot wait that since we are part of EA's BETA Test on BF2142. Reinstalling all drivers fail about 3/4 of way through. So, I tried killdisk and no...
August 30th 06 01:56 AM
by firth Go to last post
2 449
Problem with IE after 5536 upgrade? by PA Bear
Forwarded to Vista General via crosspost for more appropriate assistance. -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Security, Shell/User) EricBergan wrote: I upgraded from Beta 2 to 5536. All seemed to go fine, and networking is generally working. But IE won't display any pages - comes back with connection errors to any
August 30th 06 01:17 AM
by EricBergan Go to last post
2 515
I can't reinstall Vista... the setup doesn't detect my partitions!!!! by Jeje
no luck the 5536 (RC1) version suffer the same behavior, the setup doesn't detects the drives. I have installed a new one. "Jeje" wrote in message ... Hi,
August 30th 06 12:31 AM
by Jeje Go to last post

From The