Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
New Article: Windows Vista Parental Controls by randallm1985
hi joli i have a question but i dont know if u can help but i hope so im using pre rc1 and i created 2 user accounts one for me and one for my brother well i would like to put a time limit on his and i did and he is a standard user but he can use all of the programs but yahoo but when i made him a administrator he could use yahoo but no time limits please help me configure it so he can use...
August 30th 06 12:28 AM
by randallm1985 Go to last post
0 525
Remote Desktop Connection - Saving Username/pw by Brian
I am having trouble getting Remote Desktop Connection in Vista 5472 to allow me to save a username/password. I've made sure there are no group policies to prevent such a task. But I can't see a way for it to save a password. There is no option when you edit an RDP item like there is in Windows XP. Also it always wants to default to username@MYSYSTEMNAME, any way to prevent this? The...
August 30th 06 12:11 AM
by Brian Go to last post
0 525
Neat feature on the clock by deebs
T don't know if this was a feature in earlier versions of Windows but being able to have one default clock and up to two alternative clocks with different time zones (making three in total) seems neat to me. Now, if one may add, it would be neat to be able to set an alarm through the clock. The alarm could be a mere sound file or even a, dare one say it, a Kevin or some super-duper...
August 29th 06 11:26 PM
by deebs Go to last post
1 587
Norwood Radeon 9250 PCI 256MB - Vista Drivers by Kode
Hi There, Yesterday, I succesfully installed Norwood Radeon 9250 PCI 256MB Graphics adapter in my system with Windows XP. I also have Vista installed on same system (Multiple OS). I downloaded new drivers from ATI and installed it in XP (the Drivers that came with CD doesn't work, getting err msg). Now it is working fine in XP. I tried to install same drivers in Vista, but I am getting an...
August 29th 06 11:15 PM
by Bones Go to last post
1 553
RC1 but still black screen after install (is microsoft aware of th by ReMeE
On my pc I have since the first beta2 of vista the problem that after installing it (installation seems to go well) I only get a black screen with the buildnumber at the right bottom en the mouse pointer. I have no serial mouse attached just a keyboard and a bluetooth mouse wich I want to install after logging into Vista but I can't because I only see this black screen. Does anyone know at...
August 29th 06 11:09 PM
by Allanf Go to last post
1 595
MICROSOFT SUCKS! by
MICROSOFT SUCKS!
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 29th 06 11:05 PM
by Bones Go to last post
23 1,129
Pre-RC1 Build 5536 - Initial Experience by Morgan Nelson
I have installed this on 4 different machines with some similar and some unique issues. Overall this build ROCKS! I AM getting EXCITED about Microsoft again! Dell Latitude D820 - Upgrade form XP Professional =================================== The Good - Much more stable - in the 6 hours I have been using it. With Beta 2 I would have had to bounce it atleast twice. - Looks sharper...
August 29th 06 10:28 PM
by Tom Ziegmann Go to last post
1 519
Video Card Advice by HagarTheHorrible
Here's the system as it stands. Athlon 2500XP 1 Gig Ram 40 Gig Seagate HD 10 secondary Maxtor I am in the process of replacing a rapidly failing video card on my system and need some sage advice. What of these would allow me to burn DVDs and use the Aero Glass option?
August 29th 06 10:19 PM
by NeoDude Go to last post
2 552
Official RC1??? by DJ TECH
This site talks about Vista RC1: http://download.windowsvista.com/preview/prerc1/en/x86/download.htm This one talks about Vista Pre-RC1: http://download.windowsvista.com/preview/prerc1/en/download.html ------------------------------------------ Difference is that the first one has a file size of 3.20 gb. IT is also
August 29th 06 10:19 PM
by Tom Ziegmann Go to last post
6 512
Possible fraud from ATI by Jonathan Allen
When I went to the ATI site, I saw something very suspecious. It said that I my computer didn't meet the minimum requirements for Vista and that I needed a new graphics card. As you can see from the below screen shot, it doesn't actually say I fail any specific requirement despite saying I need a new card. All the other "are-you-ready" sites I have since tried say that I do meet the...
August 29th 06 10:09 PM
by NeoDude Go to last post
4 517
From Andy Boyd: There will be no Build 5536 for MSDN and Tech Net Plus Tester's. by
From Andy Boyd: There will be no Build 5536 for MSDN and Tech Net Plus Tester's.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 29th 06 10:07 PM
by Intel Inside Go to last post
10 789
Here is a Suggestion for Microsoft: Re-Invite me into Windows Vista Connect Beta. by
Here is a Suggestion for Microsoft: Re-Invite me into Windows Vista Connect Beta.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 29th 06 09:46 PM
by Rob Wilkens Go to last post
10 757
Sad and then happy by MICHAEL
Well, I installed build 5536. It didn't go quite as planned. I wanted to try a straight upgrade. I put the disk in and ran it from my Vista 5384 desktop. Everything seemed to go fine, a bit long- took about 80 minutes. When I got to the final screen- "Please wait while Windows loads your desktop for the first time", something like that. All of a sudden it rebooted, I thought it was part of...
August 29th 06 09:36 PM
by GeoffP Go to last post
2 546
Vista 5536 anti-virus..? by Frank
I just installed 5536 and my avast anti virus no longer works. What anti virus works with this build? THX Frank
August 29th 06 09:24 PM
by Peter Go to last post
4 494
Vista Ultimate Rank? by Jack Barrett
I downloaded the upgrade advisor for Vista and it tells me that the Ultimate version is the way to go. It tells me that the only upgrade I need is a better graphics cards. I have 64 mg card and it tells me that I need 128 mg. How expensive is the graphics card suggested? How does this version (Ultimate) rank in the 5 different versions available? Many thanks,
August 29th 06 08:47 PM
by Bones Go to last post
4 534
Vista and the Thomson Speedtouch 330 Modem by technogran
Hi Everyone, would love to download the latest build but dare not as before it would not work with my Speedtouch 330 modem, so do any of you know if this has been sorted yet in this latest beta? -- technogran
August 29th 06 08:15 PM
by technogran Go to last post
4 494
Remote desktop... by Frank
Remote desktop is not working in my 5536. It connects to the other computer then immediately stops working and the "stop working" dialogue comes up. Anyone else having this problem? THX Frank
August 29th 06 07:44 PM
by Frank Go to last post
0 535
Backup problem in vista Beta 2 by CopperCan
FYI... I just upgraded to pre-RC1 build: 5536 and now backup is working fine. "CopperCan" wrote: I have this same problem and am at a loss on what else to try that I haven't already. I backup multiple machines to a network drive daily without problems except with the test Vista machine (Beta 2 - 5384).
August 29th 06 07:36 PM
by CopperCan Go to last post
0 509
Aero keeps blinking! by ﮊµ£!ø
Hi all, I'm experiencing a trouble with Aero that i've done all that i can but still i haven't fixed it. If someone can help me... I just installed Vista build 5384, and when it achieve Aero, my screen blinks and keeps doing it until i change appearence settings to Windows Basic. I also tried to fix it installing build 5386 x86 and 5386 x64. I also downloaded drivers from manufacturer, tried...
August 29th 06 06:50 PM
by Leo Go to last post
5 527
Acer Travelmate 4001LMI battery not recognized by Marco Kühnel
its not there :( "unknown device"
August 29th 06 06:41 PM
by Marco Kühnel Go to last post

From The