Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Wrong MD5 Checksum for Pre-RC1 by Schevenels Patrick
Hello. I downloaded Windows Vista Pre-RC1 using Akamai Download Manager on Windows Vista website but at the end of the download, the download manager tells me that the downlad is corrupt. I've checked the MD5 Checksum myself and it's wrong. I think I will download the file again but I would like to know what's the cause of this problem (I experienced the same problem with Beta 2 : I had to
August 29th 06 03:32 PM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
4 595
to download or not to download by Steve Drake
All, Is it worth while downloading 5536? or should I wait for RC1? Anyone know the dates on RC1, will this build be the same build that's going ship for RC1, I am guessing that no SDK will be released for this build. Steve
August 29th 06 03:33 PM
by Steve Drake Go to last post
5 586
I Am Back On Windows Vista Beta Testing Strike! by capitan
Jason wrote: ��
August 29th 06 03:51 PM
by capitan Go to last post
0 433
Vista Pricing by Alan Simpson
I wonder if there's any truth to this. http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&taxonomyName=software&articleId=9002806&taxonomyId=18
August 29th 06 03:54 PM
by dotcom Go to last post
4 600
Question about 5536 by M@dhat3rr
This link http://download.windowsvista.com/preview/prerc1/en/download.html has been given, whihc I'm downloading now. But what about the PK? Do I use my 5384 (from CPP) PK? I would go search for it on the net, but that PK would be 'used'.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 29th 06 03:59 PM
by David Wilkinson Go to last post
12 707
A development? Thining of Upgrading to Vista - Microsoftdisables HD DVD and Blueray Support by capitan
deebs wrote: http://news.com.com/2061-10794_3-6109427.html?part=rss&tag=6109427&subj=news But doesn't MS make the choice for Windows Media Player (to decide whether it plays back HD content or not)?
August 29th 06 04:08 PM
by capitan Go to last post
0 602
NDA for Connect by
Yes, there is a NDA for Connect, Just FYI. All of you guys who are talking about Windows Vista Build 5536, are in Violation of that NDA, and will indeed be removed from the Windows Vista Technical Beta. "firth" wrote in message ... Is there an NDA for Connect users that have access to Vista, or...
August 29th 06 04:23 PM
by capitan Go to last post
5 627
I've Lost My key!!! Help by technogran
Hi I don't know if anyone can help, but the last beta (customer release one) I sent for it on DVD and when I had problems with it not working with my Speedtouch 330 I threw it in the bin, so that I wasn't tempted to load it up again so I have no key! -- technogran
August 29th 06 04:35 PM
by JCO Go to last post
2 490
Upgrade Beta 2 RC1 ? by Brian Wescombe
I've got XP installed on one hard drive, with Vista Beta 2 installed on a separate physical drive. XP is the Primary boot drive. Will it be safe to do an Upgrade install of RC1 from within Beta 2 without screwing my XP installation? Thanks in advance
August 29th 06 05:09 PM
by Peter Go to last post
3 480
Acer Travelmate 4001LMI battery not recognized by Marco Kühnel
its not there :( "unknown device"
August 29th 06 06:41 PM
by Marco Kühnel Go to last post
0 526
Aero keeps blinking! by ﮊµ£!ø
Hi all, I'm experiencing a trouble with Aero that i've done all that i can but still i haven't fixed it. If someone can help me... I just installed Vista build 5384, and when it achieve Aero, my screen blinks and keeps doing it until i change appearence settings to Windows Basic. I also tried to fix it installing build 5386 x86 and 5386 x64. I also downloaded drivers from manufacturer, tried...
August 29th 06 06:50 PM
by Leo Go to last post
5 526
Backup problem in vista Beta 2 by CopperCan
FYI... I just upgraded to pre-RC1 build: 5536 and now backup is working fine. "CopperCan" wrote: I have this same problem and am at a loss on what else to try that I haven't already. I backup multiple machines to a network drive daily without problems except with the test Vista machine (Beta 2 - 5384).
August 29th 06 07:36 PM
by CopperCan Go to last post
0 509
Remote desktop... by Frank
Remote desktop is not working in my 5536. It connects to the other computer then immediately stops working and the "stop working" dialogue comes up. Anyone else having this problem? THX Frank
August 29th 06 07:44 PM
by Frank Go to last post
0 535
Vista and the Thomson Speedtouch 330 Modem by technogran
Hi Everyone, would love to download the latest build but dare not as before it would not work with my Speedtouch 330 modem, so do any of you know if this has been sorted yet in this latest beta? -- technogran
August 29th 06 08:15 PM
by technogran Go to last post
4 493
Vista Ultimate Rank? by Jack Barrett
I downloaded the upgrade advisor for Vista and it tells me that the Ultimate version is the way to go. It tells me that the only upgrade I need is a better graphics cards. I have 64 mg card and it tells me that I need 128 mg. How expensive is the graphics card suggested? How does this version (Ultimate) rank in the 5 different versions available? Many thanks,
August 29th 06 08:47 PM
by Bones Go to last post
4 533
Vista 5536 anti-virus..? by Frank
I just installed 5536 and my avast anti virus no longer works. What anti virus works with this build? THX Frank
August 29th 06 09:24 PM
by Peter Go to last post
4 490
Sad and then happy by MICHAEL
Well, I installed build 5536. It didn't go quite as planned. I wanted to try a straight upgrade. I put the disk in and ran it from my Vista 5384 desktop. Everything seemed to go fine, a bit long- took about 80 minutes. When I got to the final screen- "Please wait while Windows loads your desktop for the first time", something like that. All of a sudden it rebooted, I thought it was part of...
August 29th 06 09:36 PM
by GeoffP Go to last post
2 546
Here is a Suggestion for Microsoft: Re-Invite me into Windows Vista Connect Beta. by
Here is a Suggestion for Microsoft: Re-Invite me into Windows Vista Connect Beta.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 29th 06 09:46 PM
by Rob Wilkens Go to last post
10 756
From Andy Boyd: There will be no Build 5536 for MSDN and Tech Net Plus Tester's. by
From Andy Boyd: There will be no Build 5536 for MSDN and Tech Net Plus Tester's.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 29th 06 10:07 PM
by Intel Inside Go to last post
10 786
Possible fraud from ATI by Jonathan Allen
When I went to the ATI site, I saw something very suspecious. It said that I my computer didn't meet the minimum requirements for Vista and that I needed a new graphics card. As you can see from the below screen shot, it doesn't actually say I fail any specific requirement despite saying I need a new card. All the other "are-you-ready" sites I have since tried say that I do meet the...
August 29th 06 10:09 PM
by NeoDude Go to last post

From The