Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
printer problems by
After upgrading my machine to vista business from xp pro all my installed printers disapeared. Trying to add the printers back using add printer from the priners folder produces the error message below. 'Windows can't open add printer. The local print server service is not running. Please restart the spooler or restart the machine' After starting the above service and trying again I get the...
April 24th 07 05:12 AM
by Don Hubbard Go to last post
2 168
April 13th 07 01:24 AM
by Go to last post
0 147
A portrait of Adam Albright in his own words by
ok there are some other newsgroups at 71.216.240.133, i will set up other ng's as requested. great entertainment here and great help to. G "Ashton Crusher" wrote in message ... So, just for fun I pulled some gems out of recent posts by Adam Albright. Below is a portrait of Adam in his own words and what a pleasant picture...
April 16th 07 05:54 AM
by Go to last post
0 165
ANN: Windows Vista Server Is Now A Public Beta, Just FYI! by
Announcement: Windows Vista Server Is Now A Public Beta, Just FYI! http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/beta/betacentral.mspx Kevin John Panzke (Microsoft Beta Tester and MSDN Subscriber) P.S. My 60 Day Review at U.S.P.S. Went Great, Just FYI.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 26th 07 11:14 PM
by Jupiter Jones [MVP] Go to last post
27 410
2 Most Recent Posts Not From Me, Just FYI. by
Attention Everyone: Compare the IP Address from My Original Post to the Imposter and you will notice that Two Most Recent Posts were not from Me, Just FYI. From: "Martha Stewart" Subject: Announcement Date: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 7:59 PM Kevin,
April 26th 07 09:04 PM
by Mick Go to last post
7 186
Attention Imposter: I Have Submitted A Complaint to Both Microsoft and Pacific Bell Abuse Aliases. by
Attention Imposter, I have Submitted a Complaint (About Your Post's Were You Falsely Used My E-mail Address to Post in these Newsgroups) to both , and , Just FYI. Sincerely, The Real Kevin John Panzke (The Real Account Holder). P.S. I Would Not Be Posting Here Any More If I Were You, Just FYI (As Your ISP Will...
April 27th 07 10:39 PM
by Go to last post
6 283
Hibernation BSD by
I did a disk cleanup, and without thinking to much about it at the time I allowed disk cleanup to delete the hibernation files. Now when I close the lid on my laptop the computer appears to sleep, but when I lift the lid to resume I get BSD and a memory dump. How do I restore the hibernation files that were deleted Thanks Duane Reynolds
May 7th 07 08:21 PM
by olddog Go to last post
6 175
XP + Vista by
Is it possible to have both XP and Vista existing at the same time? I intend to install Vista on another hard disk and there will be a list to select either XP or Vista to be loaded when bootup. How can I achieve this? Any idea would be appreciated.
May 14th 07 08:35 AM
by Lucvdv Go to last post
7 222
May 7th 07 12:26 AM
by Go to last post
0 207
Foxit Software Reader 2.0 Works Great With Windows Vista RTM, Just FYI. by
To Whomever Was The First Person In this Newsgroup Who Recommended Foxit Software Reader 2.0, I Thank You Very Much, Just FYI. I Installed Foxit Software Reader On My 2 Computer's On Easter Sunday, And I Found That It Works Great With Both MSIE7 RTM and Mozilla Firefox 2.0, On Windows Vista Ultimate Edition RTM, Also Just FYI. After Seeing How Great Foxit Software 2.0 is, I Will Never Ever...
April 13th 07 02:24 AM
by Go to last post
7 168
Attention Spammer: You Have Been Repoted To Microsoft, Just FYI! by
To Whomever Sent Me That Nasty E-mail, You Have Indeed Been Reported To Microsoft, Just FYI.
April 10th 07 10:33 PM
by Vusta Go to last post
7 265
Korean Character Set by
Under XP and earlier, I used the Asian Suite from UNIONWAY so my wife could type in Korean to email the folks back home. This program is not available for VISTA and she must be able to write stuff in Korean! How do I make this work, with or without third party software? HELP!!!
February 20th 07 12:15 AM
by Go to last post
0 193
vista ultimate and office 2007 by
Hi all, I have a Dell (vista capable) laptop Precision M65. It has 2GB RAM, Intel dual core CPU etc. I recently upgraded to Vista ultimate and Office 2007. I formatted my drive and re-installed the OS and then installed office 2007. I have noticed that opening office documents takes forever. This is especially true when opening documents from emails in Outlook. I dont know what is causing...
March 15th 07 07:35 AM
by Stuart Forshaw Go to last post
1 177
RSS/XML FEED AND WINDOWS MAIL by
Does anyone know how I can receive news feeds in Windows Mail? Would be much easier to view feeds in Windows Mail given the fact that I view my email and newsgroup in Windows Mail already. I have tried some searches to find a solution but with no success. Any help would be greatly appreciated! G
March 19th 07 05:11 PM
by Go to last post
0 189
Props by
Just wanted to give props to all the people who take the time to help others out. Way to go! G
March 20th 07 02:58 PM
by Go to last post
2 291
FAST. EXE ERROR by
Ever since I installed Vista Home Premium Upgrade I get the following errors FAST.EXE - APPLICATION ERROR The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142) click ok to terminate the application. after I click the following message appears. Microsoft Windows
March 20th 07 09:53 PM
by Ronnie Vernon MVP Go to last post
2 166
HD DVD and Vista Media Center by
I am thinking about building a media center PC and use the cheap Microsoft HD DVD drive on it. It would really be nice to use Vista's media center instead of fiddling with an external program. Is it possible to playback HD DVD with media center? Thanks, Wade
March 26th 07 09:19 AM
by Helen Li[MSFT] Go to last post
7 210
Bug: Adobe Reader 8.0 Fails To Install When Logged In As The Built In Administrator Account. by
Bug: Adobe Reader 8.0 Fails To Install When Logged In As The Built In Administrator Account. Affects Both Windows Vista RTM And The Latest CTP Preview ( Febuary 2007) Of Windows Vista Server Edition. Kevin John Panzke (MSDN Operating Systems Level Subscriber)
March 28th 07 12:04 PM
by Dale White Go to last post
3 170
FS2004 and Vista by
Ok here is a tip to make FS2004 work with Vista, you can also apply this tip to other legacy software. Right click the icon for FS2004 and click 'properites' goto the 'compatibility' tab check the box 'Run this program in compatibility mode for' then select 'Windows XP (SP2)' under settings check the follow boxes 'disable visual themes' 'diable desktop composition' and
March 30th 07 05:46 PM
by Go to last post
0 166
May 7th 07 02:34 AM