Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
IE8 won't sort favorites by pc nerd
I'm resubmitting this question because it wasn't answered the first time. In fact, it was deleted. I just checked. IE8 won't sort the favorites. When I right-click & click on "sort by name", it won't sort. Any idea why? How do I fix the problem? Thank you. David
April 12th 10 01:36 AM
by pc nerd Go to last post
0 297
Expert Fix on Vista Blue Screen Problem? by Mike[_54_]
Hi, I had black screen problem few days ago. I used System Restore + Reboot to fix the problem and finally got everything back again working even faster than before. But, 3 days later, now I am getting the so called Blue Screen problem and nothing seems working. I tried the System Restore many times but still getting Blue Screen!
April 11th 10 11:27 PM
by No Name Go to last post
3 371
Inordinate Size of Vista Backup onto External Hard Drive by A Baffled User
I am running Vista Home Premium 32 SP3 and use an HP 500 GB Personal Media Drive (PMD) for backing up the machine. I only have 88 GB of used space on my 325 GB drive C, yet the backup of the files and folders on drive C appears to be *much* larger than 88 GB. For example, when I click on the drive letter, L, of the PMD and click Properties, I find that there is 294 GB of used space and only...
April 11th 10 09:03 PM
by Jon Go to last post
8 425
Problem with Windows Sidebar by etpierce
My computer keeps giving me this error Runtime Error! Program: C\Program\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe RS034 An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly. Please contact....bla bla etc... I tried putting in the command prompt the directions you had previously
April 11th 10 08:31 PM
by Jon Go to last post
1 386
Folder size by KRK
Hello, I need to be able to see the total size of my folders (for backup purposes) Sometimes I can right-click on a folder name in explorer and select 'properties' to see its total sixe, but sometimes the 'properties' option is not available. Does anybody know why? Can I get the folder size to show under the 'size' column in 'details' view ?
April 11th 10 05:36 PM
by allancass Go to last post
3 353
Why can't we stop SearchIndexer.exe? by Jim Hubbard
When playing online games (or performing other intense activities like video editing) it can really screw up the whole experience. I don't like not being on control of what my PC is doing. It feels like I am along for the ride instead of driving as I should be. The human should always get what it wants - not be the slave of the machine.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 11th 10 08:03 AM
by undisclosed Go to last post
23 760
.NET Framework 1.1 by Eustace
I have Vista Home Basic. In the Control Panel\Programs and Features I find: Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SPI Microsoft Corporation Under Publisher there is nothing in the fist. Is it OK? Should I redownload it? Also, do I need both of them? Also, in Control Panel\Windows Update\View Update History, I see that
April 11th 10 01:50 AM
by PvdG42 Go to last post
1 274
mscoree.dll problems by Johannes van Vuren
Im trying to install the software for the Panasonic TX10/ZS7 camera. But during installation I get an error message saying "mscoree.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem". However, reinstalling does not fix it. On checking my \C folder, I notice there are dozens of mscoree.dll in the C\Windows\winsxs folder. Should mscoree.dll perhaps be in the Systems32...
April 10th 10 09:17 PM
by Dave-UK[_2_] Go to last post
2 316
IE8 won't sort favorites by pc nerd
I right-click on "sort by name" , but IE8 won't sort alphabetically. I don't understand why it won't sort. Any suggestions? Thank you. David
April 10th 10 12:58 PM
by brummyfan[_27_] Go to last post
3 412
Vista Leaf Water Drop DreamScene by Deckz
Hi, I've recently switched from a Vista Ultimate OS in which i have been using one of the official Dreeamscenes (downloaded from Ultimate updates) where it shows a water droplet dripping from a leaf with a bright blurry Backdrop. However, i have since reformated and am now using Windows 7 with the dreamscene hack and I have been looking for the above dreamscene everywhere on the internet, but to...
April 10th 10 05:52 AM
by Americano Go to last post
1 338
Double-click hanky-panky on desktop. by BudV[_4_]
Running Vista Home Premium SP2. The subject says "on desktop" only because I haven't looked for signs of this problem elsewhere yet. The problem seems to manifest itself in different ways. I'll describe the most obvious way, and if there's no response, I'll try to describe other symptoms as best I can; although the more I experiment, the more it's starting to look as though I'm zeroing in...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 10th 10 02:17 AM
by BudV[_4_] Go to last post
20 1,007
opening folders by Robi
S.O. Vista Home Premium SP2 Problem: opening folders. For some time it is impossible to open the folder double click, crashes with error message: Windows Explorer has stopped working .... I can only open them with right-click Explorer, while right click Open gives me the same problem. I tried, in vain, downloading ShellExView and disabling all non-Microsoft items. Solutions?
April 9th 10 09:14 PM
by Dave-UK[_2_] Go to last post
5 304
access problems by Lenny109
Hi, I have setup Vista (a reisntall of the OS) with a username who is also an administrtator but need to find some files within the hidden files and folders (documents and settings/user ...etc). When I try to access the documents and settings folder I am denied access. How can I gain access as default to all files on the computer. I am administrator. Cheers
April 9th 10 06:32 PM
by +Bob+ Go to last post
3 308
Cloning by Erdna
Maybe not the right forum, but this is my question: If I want to clone a FAT 32 disk to a preformatted NTFS new disk. Is the cloning process then automatically going to change (re-format) the preformatted NTFS system on the target disk to FAT32, or do I have to first re-format the NTFS disk to FAT 32 before cloning? P.S. I want to keep FAT32 for some MAC/PC issues. Thanks for any advise.
April 9th 10 04:54 AM
by ashvin Go to last post
3 288
how to install php on vista by york
I try to install php on window vista by running window installer from php.net. But in Configure IIS, I can not find add new extension (.php) in IIS manager. Also there is no php5isapi.dll in php folder. I try to run test.php on localhost, it gives error message "The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension configuration." Need help to solve this problem. Thanks.
April 9th 10 04:45 AM
by Nil[_3_] Go to last post
1 245
Anomalies after recent Windows update by J Austin
I've been using Vista Ultimate very successfully since it was first introduced. Today when I booted my Sony laptop it went into a process "setting up desktop" as if were a brand new start-up. When it did come up everything (shorcuts) was missing from my desktop and all the settings were different (e.g., screen saver). I immediately did a hard re-boot and after 2 tries I got a successful...
April 8th 10 11:13 AM
by Rojo Habe[_3_] Go to last post
1 291
Taskbar issue by Anthony Giorgianni[_4_]
Hello All I'm hoping someone can help me with this long-standing problem with both XP and Vista on separate laptops and every computer I've had (except I think Win98). I'm thinking there may be no solution, but what it's worth a try. With both of my machines, I have the taskbar (as well as other toolbars) set out to maximum size - typically half the screen - and to auto hide. (This makes a...
April 7th 10 10:59 PM
by Andrew Murray[_8_] Go to last post
1 259
Compatability Mode by Gene L.[_2_]
I am using Windows Vista Home Premium (32 bit) and I have an older spreadsheet program to install that I understand should be run in a "Compatibility Mode". May I ask for additional information on this? How would I do this?
April 7th 10 10:48 PM
by Andrew Murray[_8_] Go to last post
3 360
Folder Redirection??? How to use it? by Steven L.[_2_]
A Knowledge Base article suggests I use Folder Redirection to fix a problem I'm having: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940291 But I haven't a clue how to do that in Vista. Can someone explain to me what I need to do? And is there a danger of it screwing up the Registry?
April 7th 10 10:38 PM
by +Bob+ Go to last post
2 476
Speed by dje
Has anyone got any good tips for making my Dell go faster. It seems quite sluggish for a machine with a quad core processor -- dje
April 7th 10 10:35 PM
by Drew[_8_] Go to last post

From The