Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
We love Vista by The Doctor[_2_]
From http://groups.google.ca/group/microsoft.public.windows.vista.general/about Top posters This month 118 105 93 57 55 45
March 31st 10 09:18 PM
by Philo P. Shagnasty[_2_] Go to last post
2 341
window media player fails (ooooops!) by [email protected]
When I hit the send button, this mail agent says it cannot copy this message to the Sent folder. I thought that was the same thing as saying "this message cannot be sent". Sorry about that! Charles Thunderbird 3.0.4, Vista Home Premium,
March 31st 10 09:17 PM
by Michael Go to last post
1 325
windows media player failure by charles cashion
WMP says it does not recognize MVI_1138.AVI on my desktop. It played it three times yesterday!!! Any suggestions? Charles
March 31st 10 08:02 PM
by charles cashion Go to last post
0 352
window media player fails by [email protected]
Yesterday I downloaded MVI_1138.AVI from my camera. Then I played it (so it was good) Then I played it for one of my children (it was good) Then I played it for my SO (it was still good) Today it will not play. The message is that WMP does not recognize the file type. This is interesting, because it thinks it is trying to play MVI_1138 (no suffix).
March 31st 10 07:53 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 319
Serco murder people by kj[_2_]
Serco assassinate: links http://host01.web.officelive.com/Documents/serco2.bmp Serco Logo Blood pool & pun "bringing service to life" in blood red. http://serco.com Mysterious death of Serco prison human rights campaigner. Pauline Campbell investigated daughter Sheena Kotecha's apparent suicide at Broc= khill prison (escort contractor: premier (serco)) & died herself in mysterious...
March 31st 10 06:01 PM
by Bob O'Dyne Go to last post
1 688
Stop DVD drive spinup on wakeup? by Walter_Slipperman
Even when I do not have a disk in the DVD drive, the drive spins up upon wakeup from Sleep mode. Is there a setting a Vista setting or maybe BIOS setting that can stop this? Vista Home Premium 64
March 31st 10 05:33 PM
by joe B Go to last post
1 314
All User Accounts Don't Show in Logon Window by [email protected]
I have five User Accounts (one of which is Administrator and one of which is Guest). However, only two accounts show when I log on (two of the 'other' accounts). How do I get all the accounts to show in the logon window? Thank you.......
March 31st 10 03:31 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
3 346
Sound/Speaker Connections? by Artreid
A friend is trying to setup speakers on a computer he was given and has not been able to get any sound from it. I believe there are (at least) two types of speaker system, one type requires a power source to power the speakers and another (probably older) does not? - Can anyone tell me what these two systems are called? (I believe there called Wired and Unwired) or something like that)? -...
March 31st 10 01:20 PM
by smlunatick Go to last post
1 314
Win 7 - Changing Extl HD for Backup by BobS[_5_]
I have 2 computers (a primary and a secondary computer) running Win 7. I have used Win 7 "Backup and Restore" to make a "Backup Set" and a "WindowsImageBackup" for the primary computer on a small External HD drive attached to it. However, today I got a large external HD and would like to attach it to the primary computer and give the smaller external HD to the secondary computer, for it to...
March 31st 10 07:42 AM
by Dave-UK[_2_] Go to last post
1 290
Restore partiton? by Artreid
I see were some newer computer come with Restore partition. I guess if I mess my machine up so bad I can use this partition get back to some semblance of a factory machine. My question a - Were is the Restore Partition keep on the HDD? - How would I activate it if I needed to? - Is a Restore Partition a complete 1.1 of the original O/S and its files as it was shipped? It would seem that...
March 31st 10 07:31 AM
by ashvin Go to last post
1 328
Trouble with contacts backup using Windows Mobile Device Center. by tidaking
(Also posted in old thread relating to the subject) Hi, I joined the forum specifically for this problem and this is my first post. I'm just going to spare you all the introductory bs and get down to my concerns. And I didn't bother reading past the first page of this thread even though it is apparently like four years old and a solution has probably already been found. Forgive me, but I'm...
March 31st 10 05:58 AM
by tidaking Go to last post
0 286
Vista/Outlook/Mobile Sync "Outlook has not been configured." by Gerhard
What OS do you have on your Axim51v? I have an Axim30 (windows mobile 2003SE) and would like to sync it with a vista(tm) pre-rc1 build 5536, but don't know how to do it. Where do I get wmdc? Somebody said at control panel/additional options. It is not there, only logitech camera control.
March 31st 10 05:55 AM
by tidaking Go to last post
1 310
FAT32 vs NTFS, Overwritting Deleted File by [email protected]
Hi, I know about FAT32, but I know little about NTFS. Assuming both hard drives are not "fragmented". If a large (200MB) file is deleted, is it more likely to be overwritten (space it occupied on the hard disk is overwritten) on a FAT32 hard disk compared to a NTFS? Thank You in Advance, John PS, Remove "ine" from my email address
March 31st 10 01:28 AM
by Gene E. Bloch Go to last post
4 354
?problems printing from certain browsers by frogliver
On my laptop with Vista Home Premium I had not used any physical printers or their software, but did use a few print-to-pdf programs for printing to files. Recently I installed (a)software so it could access two (identical)Epson printers I have always used with my PC. All of the printing goes well as long as I print from a Windows Explorer file with Notebook-type apps, and probably...
March 31st 10 01:06 AM
by frogliver Go to last post
0 246
Why no W7 newsgroup from Microsoft? by Paul H
Where can I post Windows 7 queries? Why is Microsoft refusing to include a W7 newsgroup? Do they have an alternative means of answering user questions? Not an inconvenient forum, I hope!
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 31st 10 01:04 AM
by Michael Go to last post
21 706
Vista and U3 by Bobby
I have just purchased a U3 USB flashdrive, primarily to use with Ready Boost to speed-up my PC. Ready Boost works fine - but the U3 software does not appear to work (nothing happens when I try to run it - even as Administrator). Is U3 compatible with Vista? Is there anything I can do to get it to work or should I wait until U3 update the software to make it work with Vista? Bobby
March 30th 10 10:08 PM
by v877051 Go to last post
8 401
Project Explorer by M Wade
Suddenly the Project Explorer windows in VB6 has disappeared from my existing project and any other that I open. I have searched the Web and find many references to the same problem but have not found any answer.. What did I do and how can I undo it? Marv
March 30th 10 09:48 PM
by Jon Go to last post
5 294
Windows Installer Cleanup Issue by droolingelmo
In trying to install Java 6 u18 I started getting the message THIS ACTION ONLY VALID FOR PRODUCTS CURRENTLY INSTALLED At that point Java, which had always worked, stopped working. After reading this forum I downloaded the Windows Install Cleanup and removed the Java 6 u18 from the list of installed products. Java does not appear in the Control Panel under Programs, the registry
March 30th 10 09:45 PM
by droolingelmo Go to last post
6 315
general question re jpg files by Dave Horne[_2_]
I have no problem opening jpg files when they reside in an e-mail message or even in a folder in 'Computer'. My problem is this, when I go to open a jpg file on my Desktop, nothing happens until I right click and 'Open with' and then make a choice. What don't I understand here. I'm running Vista Home Premium, SP2 and up to date with the lastest WU. Thanks, Dave Horne
March 30th 10 08:53 PM
by Dave Horne Go to last post
2 236
Support for Windows Vista by Gene L.[_2_]
I just read that Microsoft is stopping support of Windows Vista effective April 13, 2009. I hope this is not true since it means that system updates will be discontinued and Windows Essentials will no longer provide security for this Windows application. What can you tell me about this? Thanks, Gene L.
March 30th 10 07:47 PM
by Gene L.[_2_] Go to last post

From The