Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
How to solve APPCRASH Problem in Vista by sachin_raina
When ever I am trying to install a new software on Vista the following Error happens: Problem signatu Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: MsiExec.exe Application Version: 4.0.6000.16386 Application Timestamp: 4549af77 Fault Module Name: StackHash_00d6 Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16386
January 22nd 09 01:48 PM
by Carey Frisch [MVP] Go to last post
1 337
3rd Party Services Need Restart after Resume by Lexford
I've seen many posts about problems with Sleep / Resume relating to hardware but not the problem that I am currently experiencing which is software related. Vista Ultimate x64 machine happily enters Sleep and Resumes via WoL, all appears to work fine. However, two services although still running don't respond as they should (Squeezecenter from SlimDevices and PS3 Media Server). In order to get...
January 22nd 09 01:26 PM
by Lexford Go to last post
0 333
Windows XP Professional to Vista Home Premium Remote Desktop Conne by Cowboy Rod
The remote desktop client is included in all editions of Vista. What is not supported in Home Premium is incoming remote destkop connections, how can I get it to enable incoming connections from XP Pro?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 22nd 09 01:05 PM
by killerflea Go to last post
10 573
Snipping Tool API by Ihar[_2_]
I am trying to finds out if there is an API for the snipping tool and if so what is it called I ask as I need to save images of forms in an MS Access database as images.
January 22nd 09 12:14 PM
by Ihar[_2_] Go to last post
0 305
Right click disabled itself- how do I undo? by Shenanigans14
My right click no longer brings up the menu anywhere (windows explorer, Start, my browser). The actual button works but it functions like a left click. I've tried System Restore in case it was something I changed by mistake, but no luck. I know that there an option in registry editor to turn this on or off and I have been having trouble with my regedit- its blocked at start up and I have to...
January 22nd 09 12:00 PM
by Brink Go to last post
6 357
Windows 7 beta newsgroup? by paula
Is there a Windows 7 Beta newsgroup on this server? Or anywhere for that matter? Thanks.
January 22nd 09 10:52 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
9 450
Taskbar gets stuck. by Andy
I have my taskbar set to autohide. Lately, and intermittently, it's getting stuck and will not hide. However, it's hiding the bottoms of my open windows. I can go into properties when it does this and get it to hide by changing the properties and then changing them back again. But when I go to the taskbar again, it gets restuck. Restarting windows is the only way I've found to correct...
January 22nd 09 10:20 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
3 300
Registry Problem! by anthocology
I wanted to test out Windows 7, so I made a backup of all my programs and 'documents' (http://www.vistax64.com/#). I used Automatic Backup, included with Vista. After backing up everything on 'my computer' (http://www.vistax64.com/#), I installed Windows 7 (upgraded) '32bit' (http://www.vistax64.com/#). When I decided it was time to go back to Vista, I did a System Recovery ('hp'...
January 22nd 09 10:13 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 333
msft home office 2007 download on 64 bit system by gvick1
Can I install msft home office on a 64 bit operating system? The instructions on the box inform me that portions of the Office home student willl not operate properly. I don't understand..ie, one note 2007 -- gvick1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ gvick1's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/gvick1.htm
January 22nd 09 09:50 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 306
Copying files to laptop by Larc
A friend has just bought a laptop with Vista Home Premium 64-bit. I'll be helping him get it set up and install some programs. Installation of one program will require that I copy four updated .dll files to its home folder a couple of levels down under Program Files when Vista is not running (the files are running when Windows is and can't be copied over then). I can handle that in systems...
January 22nd 09 08:22 AM
by Dave-UK[_2_] Go to last post
9 315
Vista 64 Update? by Mark G.
i cannot seem to figure out the MS Windows Update for this OS. i do not like my updates to do anything automatic. I just check about once every 1-2 weeks. problem is that I cannot get to the same update page as I am used to with another machine that I run using XP Pro. What am I missing here? Is there a way to set it to simulate what it looked like with XP? I mean, I want to get used to the...
January 22nd 09 06:50 AM
by Mark G. Go to last post
0 311
Just Installed Vista 7 Beta 64 Bit And... by amboyangler[_14_]
It runs very smoothly, and another thing that is great about it is that it detects multiple processors :) unlike some versions of its predecessor. Overall my system is running very stable... here is a screenshot of the performance: http://americanpridebt.googlepages.com/windows7systemspecs.jpg]
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 22nd 09 06:30 AM
by Gordon[_5_] Go to last post
34 767
System Restore Error Message by MaryAnn[_2_]
I have a Dell Inspiron 530s purchased 5/08. I upgraded from Vista to Vista Ultimate. I recently tried to install the Windows 7 Beta and received a message that it could not identify my drives and I could not download the program. I tried to do a System Restore and received the following message: There was an unexpected error in the property page: The Volume Shadow Copy Service used by...
January 22nd 09 04:33 AM
by Shenanigans14 Go to last post
1 285
Sound Forge 9.0e by djswing
I have the latest Sony Sound Forge 9.0(e) upgrade. I am finding that some of the parts do not work with Vista 64-bit. The primary function that I am trying to use is the audio stream recorder. In the 64-bit world and even in the 32-bit compatability mode, this software will not monitor sound streams and therefore will not record streams. I have contacted SonyMedia and they state that there are...
January 22nd 09 04:08 AM
by Patrick Keenan Go to last post
3 318
Survey - How stable is VISTA? by Grey[_2_]
1. Which version of VISTA are you using? 2. How frequently do you encounter operating system anomalies such as freezing, crashes, inoperable functionality requiring re-booting, etc.? 3. How frequently do you re-install VISTA?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 22nd 09 04:07 AM
by rasmasyean[_2_] Go to last post
56 1,390
IE 7 Freezing--Where Is The Newsgroup? by Susan[_7_]
Interesting...I couldn't find a microsoft.public newsgroup for Internet Explorer 7 (IE7)?... or IE8 for that matter, beta or otherwise. Is this along with the Windows 7 beta being covered exclusively through the web Microsoft Discussion Groups? I've read that that is the case with W7s beta. I am experiencing an irregularly occurring freeze problem with IE7 for some still unknown reason...
January 22nd 09 04:05 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
6 341
Programs connection to the net? Settings? by gunsan
I have a while ago installed AVG internet security (had Panda before, but it was no good) I have a question: I want to decide myself which programs shall get permission to connect to internet. Where do I find that option? i am grateful for answer soon Thanks in advance
January 22nd 09 03:01 AM
by Wayne Go to last post
1 290
Vista + Broadcom NIC stops working by Scott
Hello, I have a Dell Opti 745 running Vista Ultimate, the IP Address is statically assigned, and I'm connected to a Corp. network via Cisco Switch. The problem I'm having is that the NIC will just stop working at random times. Mostly, this will occur over night when I'm not using it. The only thing logged in the Outlook disconnect from the Exchange Server, so I do know the times it's...
January 22nd 09 01:53 AM
by DougLubeyofLouisiana Go to last post
6 445
How to Use Folders in Windows Mail by PAtoTN
In XP and Outlook I had Folders titled “Tennis Group”, “Friends US”, “Village Group”, etc. Those came up when I hit To, Reply & Forward in my emails. I opened them and clicked on the desired ones to add to the address line. In Vista Contacts I made the same groups, but when in Windows Mail I hit “To:” or try to use “Reply or Forward” only a list of maybe 250 names and my “Contact Groups” come up...
January 22nd 09 01:10 AM
by PAtoTN Go to last post
3 281
IE 7 playing streaming Audio by Wiley C
I posted this issue, 04 Jan 2009, in the IE forum, but there have been no replies, so I am posting here. I apologize if I have erred in my decision. Months to years ago, IE would inform me that a streaming audio file could be played within IE. Is is possible to configure IE 7, on Vista SP1 to do this? If so, how? I looked through IE 7's internet options advanced tab. To the best...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 22nd 09 12:53 AM
by annonymous Go to last post

From The