Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Windows Vista Config.nt file missing?!? by montecarlo1987
Hello. I have a concern that I need addressed. I have Windows Vista Ultimate with SP1 installed on my computer. I have already installed 70+ programs/applications. One of the programs that I have installed is Microsoft Streets & Trips 2007. I have no problems installing this core part of this software until I get the part that I elect to select "Install Windows Live Local for Outlook after...
January 20th 09 10:35 PM
by Dave-UK[_2_] Go to last post
1 264
How do I diagnose why the VPN client won't connect by Daniel Lieb
Hello. Are the logs somewhere (on my client machine) that will tell me the error message for why the Vista VPN client (Vista Business) will not connect to my University's VPN? I'd look to figure out what is going on, but Vista just says failed to connect. Thank you, Daniel
January 20th 09 10:22 PM
by Sameguy Go to last post
3 351
Can receive but not send email from Windows Mail by Lee M
I set up a Windows Mail account using my Comcast email servers. I can receive but not send email. Get error 10060. I am home now but would like to send and receive Comcast email from hotels while traveling. Anyway to do this (other than thru their website?)
January 20th 09 10:01 PM
by Peter Foldes[_2_] Go to last post
4 324
any way to stop vista searching in the recycle bin by Andy Fish
hi, whenever I do a search from explorer in vista (i.e. typing in the top right hand corner of the explorer window), it seems to bring up results from the recycle bin at the top of the list and i have to scroll down to see the results i wanted is there any way to stop it searching in the recycle bin? most of the time i don't want to search there at all
January 20th 09 09:35 PM
by Bill Sharpe Go to last post
8 287
windows mail seems to freeze every time i hit the reply button?? by timeman[_2_]
Seems to take ages for a new reply email to open up windows mail seems to freeze every time I hit the reply button.. is there a fix for this? TIA
January 20th 09 09:32 PM
by Tyro[_2_] Go to last post
1 309
SOT - Floppy Disks by Ashton Crusher[_2_]
Who still has 3.5" floppy's they can't bear to throw out even though their computer no longer has a 3.5" drive in it?
January 20th 09 09:31 PM
by Bill Sharpe Go to last post
5 313
Control Panel: Explorer is shutting down by Boebie
Hi all I have a problem when I am trying to access my Control Panel or my user account. Explorer stops and then restart. This is a new installation of Vista Business. Any suggestions. Happens in safe Mode as well. -- Boebie
January 20th 09 09:21 PM
by Synapse Syndrome[_2_] Go to last post
1 326
Partition problem? by Jeterocks
I'm looking to partition my hard drive on my laptop to run Windows 7. When I try and do so, it only says it can partition about 14 gigs MAX. Here is the problem, My hard drive isnt even close to being full, it says i have 122 gigs free of 285. Why the heck am I unable to partition any more than 14 gigs? --
January 20th 09 09:10 PM
by Synapse Syndrome[_2_] Go to last post
3 285
Vista SP1 Machines drop Internet connection (LAN still Acessable) by Farhan
I'm currently experiecing a wiered issue with Vista machines. Below is my company's current situation: We were infected with w32.downadup.b and as part of the removal process we upgraded all of our machines with the latest patches, we took each machine off the network and cleaned them manually one at a time. Our network consists of VISTA and XP workstations and Win 2K & 2K3 servers. (Win2k...
January 20th 09 09:08 PM
by Synapse Syndrome[_2_] Go to last post
1 258
Need help reinstalling backup cd's by cprimmoh
Not very techie, so bear with me. Had to return my HP pc for repair. Backed up my programs and files on Cd's Now I'm trying to restore them. Was able to retore 2 cd's, I have 17. Number 3 cd said it was corrupt and with #4 and got this message: Windows not able to load the selected backup set for the following
January 20th 09 08:48 PM
by Mike Torello Go to last post
4 268
IS-Scan driver in Win98 mode? by jkspeers
I need to use my old Canon BJ80 as a scanner with my lap top running Vista. I understand that running the driver in Win98 mode will work. How do I find the folder with the scanner drivers in Explorer? -- jkspeers Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
January 20th 09 07:35 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 289
Problem with folders on DeskTop by Eric[_15_]
Hi All, I created several folders on the Desktop where I placed several Medium Icons - each icon calls a different application. Also I made sure when I open several folders like those, they should be opened in the same position, so basically several folders could be opened exactly one on top of the other. The problem is that from to time I loose that position when I open them up and the...
January 20th 09 06:39 PM
by Eric[_15_] Go to last post
0 299
Impressed with Vista by diggerop
I recently replaced my 5 year old laptop (Dell with XP)after the video card died. Given that I was more than happy with XP, I was tempted to replace it with another machine with XP, but decided to try Vista. ( with the thought of installing XP if I was unhappy with my choice.) Bought a HP laptop off the shelf pre-loaded with Vista Home PremiumSP1 32bit .. Intel® CoreT2 Duo Mobile Processor...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 20th 09 05:45 PM
by Don Leonard Go to last post
19 462
CD Drive "Eject" menu option ... but no "Close" option ... by BoazBoaz
Why is there only "Eject" on the "CD Drive" option list but no "Close" option ?? I'm aware of the diffrenet 3Rd party software that can do it ... but ... Is the "Eject"/Open CD/DVD so important and the "Close" CD/DVD is not???
January 20th 09 05:36 PM
by Peter Foldes[_2_] Go to last post
9 370
Lost a folder by desgnr[_3_]
Vista Home Premium Some how under my user name i lost the documents folder. How can i get them back ? -- Dell Inspiron Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM Windows Vista Home Premium SP1
January 20th 09 05:17 PM
by Brink Go to last post
2 300
Not recognizing certain USB devices by Ken W
When I plug in certain USB devices, sometimes my PC doesn't recognize them. There are certain USB devices it always recognizes. There are others that it never recognizes. Then there's one that it was recognizing, but it no longer is.
January 20th 09 03:43 PM
by Ken W Go to last post
2 254
Can't open Outlook message, strange message by Qu0ll
I received an email in Outlook but only this message displays in the reading pane: "This message with restricted permission cannot be viewed in the reading pane until you verify your credentials. Open the item to read its contents and verify your credentials." However, when I double click on it or select Open from the context menu to open it, the sound effect of opening a message is played...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 20th 09 02:56 PM
by OCFrance Go to last post
10 424
Dock Starts With Boot by richc46
I have gone to Msconfig and unchecked the dock, so that it will not appear on my desktop, every time I boot the puter. It still appears; any suggestions. -- richc46
January 20th 09 02:06 PM
by richc46 Go to last post
7 299
Windows explorer open folder wish by Øyvind Granberg
Hi... Can't find a NG committed to Windows Explorer i particular, so if this is the wrong MG, please redirect me.... I want Windows Explorer to open up in the last used folder. How do I go about make that happen? --
January 20th 09 02:00 PM
by Øyvind Granberg Go to last post
2 304
Vista MS Excel 2007 questions by stephen0606[_8_]
I got a question,i running vista, in Microsoft Excel 2007, when i enter a floating number example 0.99000, how to make it display as 0.99?? coz it just display 0.99000 :(:( -- stephen0606
January 20th 09 01:54 PM
by Tyro[_2_] Go to last post

From The