Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
I keep losing internet access on vista by Shon[_2_]
have 3 computer all on DSL, but only the Vista machine keeps giving a message about not having 'internet access' every once in a while during my work, then asks for the program to be shut down. This also happens on my other vista computer at home. it's getting a little annoying to close the IE in the middle since somehow the computer/program keeps losing the internet connection. thanks for...
March 21st 10 09:20 PM
by Mr. Arnold Go to last post
2 289
Displaying one program on computer screen and another on a TV screen by Bud H
"Low end" desktop computer (perhaps a Dell Inspiron 560 or 580) is running 64-bit Windows with integrated graphics (Intel GMA X4500) with the computer monitor connected to the VGA port and a television connected to the HDMI port. The desire is to display one running program on the normal computer screen while displaying another running program on the television screen. QUESTIONS
March 21st 10 08:56 PM
by David H. Lipman Go to last post
1 291
Antimalware, antispyware, antirootkit software for dummies by pc nerd
I downloaded but haven't installed Process Explorer & watched a video where a Microsoft employee explained how to use it. HUH??? Can you recommend antimalware, antispyware, antirootkit software for dummies? I didn't understand the video & he really didn't explain to my satisfaction how to remove antimalware. I have Adaware & Spybot & Security Essentials installed on my PC. I've downloaded...
March 21st 10 08:27 PM
by David H. Lipman Go to last post
8 432
How to search by ip address in vista? by Mike
I have 4 pc''s on my network. UNfortunately 1 is vista. I can ping the other 3 pcs in vista but i cannot see/connect to them them. How the hell do you search by ip address in vista?. In xp youi simply right click on network and search. I cannot find anyway to do this in vista. thanks
March 21st 10 07:41 PM
by Nil[_3_] Go to last post
8 367
Renamed C Drive now receiving error message by Snoopy[_2_]
Help, I changed the name of (C) drive and the network computer names did not reflect it so I went back in and when the computer said if you do this your owner of the HD. I pressed the button and now I can't even receive windows updates. The following error message appears on bootup also (shown below). I have no idea how to reverse this. I may have deleted the files names to remove them...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 21st 10 04:53 PM
by Cats Whiskers Go to last post
17 653
Vista Home Premium / Dell Vostro 200 by RJK[_3_]
Plz help with following :- Dell Vostro 200 / Vista Home Premium Have just, yet again, (lastime was in July last year), Spinrite 6'd 500gb Samsung HD501LJ hard-disk, that keeps "losing" its' MBR, ....to bring it back to life - .... i.e. to get it to boot up. ....and would like to create the set of "Factory Restore" disks, that I'm sure was a facility on the thing when it was new, before...
March 21st 10 05:02 AM
by Russ SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] Go to last post
3 387
Windows Live Essentials Security by Ed.[_2_]
Has anyone tried this program and if so, what do you think of it. I currently have the free Avast 5.0 and of course Windows Defender. I was wondering if I should stay with what I got or get Windows Live Essentials Security. I understand when you install it that it will turn off Windows Defender and I would have to uninstall Avast. I thought maybe some of you that are using it would be able...
March 20th 10 09:13 PM
by Russ SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] Go to last post
8 387
People continue impersonating me, why? by Mark Levitski[_3_]
I am not sure who is who anymore. I am Jennifer in reality, but some continue to believe I was a Marked Man. Kevin Panzke, for example, still believes I am who he thinks. Which I am not. There are two people named "Mark". One who posted a year ago is gone, and is totally unrelated to Jennie. That's because the name of Mark is so convenient. There are a bunch of others who posted under last...
March 20th 10 04:07 PM
by db Go to last post
3 300
What is the administrator password? What if I've never set it? by john ha[_3_]
I have heard of the "administrator password" for a super-administrator. But I have never "set" the "administrator password" or "super admin password". I do, however, have a user account with admin privileges that I set a password to. Is that the same thing? Does my creating a user account with admin privileges and password make the password for the super-admin the same, or will the vista...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 20th 10 03:03 PM
by Bruce Chambers Go to last post
10 495
file associations messed up in Vista Home Premium by anna
Some how my file associations in Windows Vista got messed up. The program icon that appears to be MS Front Page 2003 does not open Front Page. When I try to associate Front Page with html and htm files, it open Internet Explorer and not Front Page. I have tried to manually associate Front Page with the appropriate programs but it will not take even going through the start, default...
March 20th 10 01:53 PM
by anna Go to last post
0 279
Vista indexing mapped drives by AATech[_3_]
Hi, I am trying to add a network share to the locations that are indexed. i click 'Modify' and the 'Indexed Locations' window pops up, but at the bottom, 'show all locations' is greyed out. How can i index mapped drives? Thanks, Al
March 20th 10 11:56 AM
by AATech[_3_] Go to last post
2 271
System Restore Disk OS (C:) Error, Dell Dock missing, & ATI Catalyst Control Center by bDawk20
Hello, I'm new to the site so if this is in the wrong section, my apology. I have three issues with my Dell Studio 1735 laptop. 1. Whenever I turn it on (I have ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 card if that helps) or try to run the ATI Catalyst Control Center, I get the following error message:
March 20th 10 06:20 AM
by bDawk20 Go to last post
0 294
Creation and access dates question by Tim Baker
What does it mean when the dates of creation, modification and access of a file are in reverse order?
March 20th 10 05:42 AM
by Poutnik Go to last post
2 303
Help: Not sharing folders, but can they still be hacked? by john ha[_3_]
I'm using Vista but not sharing any folders at all on my unsecured wireless network. However, could a hacker in my apartment complex still access the hard drive's files if my admin password is blank (since I never set the admin pw up), or even just another way, even though I don't share any folders?
March 20th 10 12:16 AM
by Gene E. Bloch Go to last post
3 305
Can A Hacker Steal My Files If I Don't Share Any Folders In Vista File Sharing? by Tom Lake[_2_]
"john ha" wrote in message ... Hi, I accidentally left my router unsecured for a couple of hours. I also left my laptop on during this time, connected wirelessly to the unsecured router. My question is, can a hacker in my apartment complex who really wants to, connect to this router and
March 20th 10 12:06 AM
by Gene E. Bloch Go to last post
2 266
Format or Erase DVD/CD by JMed
Unable to fully format or erase Any programs in the net I can use? TIA
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 19th 10 11:52 PM
by Gene E. Bloch Go to last post
11 590
Quicktime black bar by Sciz
Hey so I have searched on the internet around and no1 can find the answer so I figured you guys might be able to. Randomly my quicktime progress bar is always blacked out now. Just one day it went black and it hasn't changed back. I have uninstalled and reinstalled new and older versions to see if that was the problem. Nothing seems to be working. What I mean when I say the progress bar is...
March 19th 10 11:44 PM
by ram4life Go to last post
7 310
Boot Vista Recovery iso from USB stick? by M.L.
The Vista Recovery CD iso boots perfectly when burned to a CD. Can it be configured to boot from a USB stick? Thanks. Windows Vista 32-Bit (x86) Recovery Disc Torrent http://moourl.com/gv2nj http://neosmart.net/downloads/miscellania/Windows%20Vista%2032-bit%20Repair%20Disc.torrent Windows Vista 64-Bit (x64) Recovery Disc...
March 19th 10 10:43 PM
by Al[_8_] Go to last post
1 323
Does Windows 7 need ntldr, ntdetect.com files? by Peter[_22_]
Does Windows 7 need ntldr, ntdetect.com files?
March 19th 10 08:40 PM
by John John - MVP Go to last post
6 432
electronic licence by jarsek
Hi, Is it possible to purchase a windows vista home basic product key on line? I'd like to validate an illegal installation (inherited). Couldn't see the facility on the MS web site. Or would I be better just to go to the store and buy the package (solely for the product key) Thanks!!
March 19th 10 04:50 PM
by jarsek Go to last post

From The