Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Removing Windows Vista by PH
I just bought a new computer that has Windows Vista Home Premium pre-installed on it...I hate this new Vista and want to know if I can delete it and install Xp on my computer. Is this possible??? If it is, how would I go about doing it?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 19th 07 03:25 AM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
20 691
Lotus Organizer compatibility problems? by Dale I. Jones
I've used Lotus Organizer 2.1 since early 90s. I loaded it on my new computer as part of Lotus SmartSuite release 4. I imported *.or2 files from my old computer and all programs that I tried (123W, Organizer, & Word Pro) seemed to work fine except I was not getting and audible alarm with the alarm dialog box. This morning I got a premature alarm (7:30 am for an 11 am appointment) and when...
February 19th 07 03:25 AM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
1 332
Now Pirates even sacrifice their PCs for vista .. by Sascha Benjamin Jazbec
Sometimes I stumble upon pages on the internet where one can only shake his head, this one is such and reveals what stupid kids this world has.. Kids not willing to buy Vista but kill their Machines for a "free" vista. In the attempt of running a pirated, but "genuine" and activated Vista ( we all know the DVD is everywhere .. ) the kids from today have adapted a method from china.
February 19th 07 03:25 AM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
5 323
Vista Administrator privlages by John Armstrong
Hi All What the hell is this?? Running a game the Windows vista and it closes becauase you do not have Administrator privlages ( My account is the System Admin ) Each time I go to start the game I have to right click and select " Run as Admin" What a pain. There has to be another way to disable this.
February 19th 07 03:37 AM
by GreenWing Go to last post
4 285
LifeCam VX-6000 as mic for speech recognition in Vista by Dennis R
Can the LifeCam VX-6000 be used as mic for speech recognition in Vista?
February 19th 07 03:57 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
1 320
opening links and missing tool bar by [email protected]
I am trying to make the most of this mail program but I have two problems (so far) with which I would greatly appreciate your help. Firstly, when I receive email it ofter contains a link to a web-page. When I click on this link, nothing happens. How do I fix this. The fix suggested by the program is to click unblock on the information bar but I can't find an information bar anywhere on the open...
February 19th 07 04:28 AM
by Bill Condie Go to last post
1 288
SP2 Files found on my NEW Computer by Sandy Sanders
While looking at the programs loaded on my new system, I discovered these program files. MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB925672) MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB927978) I purchased this computer on 31 Jan 07. The programs were installed 7 Feb 07. Any one know what they are. Doesn't seem like I should have SP2 programs on a Vista OS.
February 19th 07 04:38 AM
by Dale Go to last post
3 302
Uninstalling Windows Vista by AuxCox
I just purchased a new pc with Windows Vista. There are so many incompatibility issues and loss of features I grew comfortable with my Windows XP compatible programs that I want to uninstall Vista and install XP. The Microsoft web site said to do this you must boot the pc with the XP installation disk in the CD drive and when you see the "Press any key to boot from CD" message, press any...
February 19th 07 05:17 AM
by Lang Murphy Go to last post
8 368
control panel by Stacey
When trying to open the control panel, we have experienced it "flash" the outline of the control panel window and then there is nothing. The only way to have access to the control panel is through "My Computer" any suggestions how to fix this?
February 19th 07 05:18 AM
by Keith Miller MVP Go to last post
1 313
System Restore points missing. by Ravynne
Has anyone noticed that system restore is no longer making restore points so that you can roll back to before you installed something that didnt work? I remember seeing system restore create a restore point before installing, but when I want to roll back, it says "There is no system restore point available" and asks if I want to create a restore point... Is this a bug or feature? I...
February 19th 07 05:33 AM
by Bert Kinney Go to last post
3 261
Cut & paste functions by Scott
I use Cut and Paste functions to move some folders from drive c to d. It works correctly except the empty folders remains on drive c. In Windows XP, the folders are moved to the new location or delected. Please advise the method change in Vista Home Premium. Thanks, Scott
February 19th 07 05:44 AM
by LoneWolf Go to last post
1 218
Windows Media Play for Windows Vista Home Premium package. by Will Deal 777
I'm having problems with the media player. I can play my home movies, but when I close a file or the video ends the player always says, Windows Media Player had a problem and is searching for a sloution. There's no problem...I've played the video and I just want to close it without getting the above message everytime. That is a problem. Anyone else experienced that, and do you have...
February 19th 07 05:49 AM
by Stephen Sanders Go to last post
1 222
BitLocker. by Dennis Pack
After hearing about toasting hard drives because of using BitLocker, I did a test. With a 80Gb hard drive with 4 partitions, size or number of partitions doesn't matter, 1 partition encrypted using BitLocker. Booted from the Vista DVD, 4 partitions were listed, the BitLocker encrypted partition couldn't be used or formatted. Deleting the partition, creating a new partition then formatting it made...
February 19th 07 06:04 AM
by Dennis Pack Go to last post
0 223
Hidden Costs of a Windows Vista Upgrade by Ablang
Hidden Costs of a Windows Vista Upgrade If you're putting Vista on a PC yourself, you need to read this. Preston Gralla, PC World Monday, February 12, 2007 01:00 AM PST The shiny, new Windows Vista beckons, and an upgrade is mighty tempting. But before you take the plunge, be aware that you may end up forking out a lot more money than just the cost of an operating system upgrade. Here are 15...
February 19th 07 06:16 AM
by BSchnur Go to last post
6 302
OEM Woes by David Veeneman
I just got a Lenovo laptop with vista installed. First bummer: No Windows Vista CD. Okay, that's par for the course these days. But not even a recovery disk? Yes, I found the option to burn one, and I did so. Second bummer: Crapware. Lenovo stocks its laptops with as much junk as HP, Dell, or any of the other bad offenders. I've removed most of it, but what I'd really like to do is get a...
February 19th 07 06:21 AM
by Lang Murphy Go to last post
2 259
Anyone else having trouble with their handhelds and Vista?? by Pumpkin
My new computer w/Vista won't let my Palm Z22 (small but just what I need) upload to the calender and contacts. I uninstalled my Palm software three times, thinking it didn't install properly but that's not it. I have two laptops and another desktop all with XP and have never had a problem with my Palm. I really liked XP, I miss the interface and am not having fun learning Vista. Is there...
February 19th 07 07:26 AM
by Pumpkin Go to last post
9 278
how to register "Msdatlst.ocx" at Vista? by GordonLiq
Hi when I user "regsvr32 $path\msdatlst.ocx" I get an error says "call to dllregisterserver failed with error code 0x8002801c How can I register it? -- Gordon
February 19th 07 07:35 AM
by GordonLiq Go to last post
4 231
How to launch multiple Messenger? by MJ
Hi, I'm using Vista. As you know, Vista no more provides 'Windows Messenger'. Only MSN or Live messenger can exist on Vista. This means that I can only run a single instance of messenger. I don't want to install third party extension. Is there anyway to run multiple MSN messenger instances? Thanks.
February 19th 07 07:43 AM
by Blatantlyoriginal Go to last post
2 243
Is it me or does Microsoft not seem to be spending much money on advertising by [email protected]
Seems to me that Vista doesnt seem to have such a massive marketing campaign ....
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 19th 07 07:51 AM
by Guess Who Go to last post
11 522
TIF files not indexed by Jerry
I have a large number of scanned documents saved in TIF format. These files are OCR-ed and in Windows XP with Windows Desktop Search 2.6 the text in them was correctly indexed. Not so any more. Anyone knows why?
February 19th 07 07:57 AM
by Jerry Go to last post

From The