Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Admin user vs. Standard user by bjm[_3_]
::-Microsoft recommends everyone setup and use a Standard user account to enhance protection.... -::"The 'standard account' (http://tinyurl.com/7bcng3) can help protect your computer by preventing users from making changes that affect everyone who uses the computer. We recommend creating a standard account for each user".::- Q: ON A COMPUTER WITH ONE AND ONLY ONE USER. DOES THE STANDARD...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 18th 09 04:44 PM
by Bruce Chambers Go to last post
16 703
Vista Incompatibilities? by Ross M. Greenberg
This is a rather odd request: for a report on working on I need to find programs that are incompatible with Vista. It used to be the case all over, now I can't find anything that is incompatible! Anything striking? Ross
January 18th 09 04:42 PM
by GTS Go to last post
1 322
What can I put on my "Baboon"? by measekite
I was rubbing Da Baboon all evening because I can't get a girl and it is now sore. I ran out of Da Lamb Chop so I had to use Lube. I used lots of lube and now I am sore.
January 18th 09 03:53 PM
by measekite Go to last post
0 298
Vista does not seem to completely log in ... (??) by Simon McDonald
My son has a Dell Inspiron 1525, running VISTA Home Premium SP1. When he logs in visually it looks fine except that: The OneCare icon in the systray is missing and eventually a message box is displayed stating 'that a service OneCare required is not started - try a restart'. The Local Area Connection icon in sys tray for the network card shows as 'unplugged' (red cross present), but the...
January 18th 09 03:50 PM
by Simon McDonald Go to last post
2 303
Vista Glazz by Ryka
Has anyone used Vista Glazz? I downloaded it on two separate occasions and it tells me the patch has been applied but I see no difference in the black shading on the task bar on the right side of the screen with the gadgets. Am I doing something wrong or does this Vista Tweak not work?
January 18th 09 03:23 PM
by CBoom[_2_] Go to last post
9 311
help with Ultimate backup problem by Judy[_5_]
I installed Ultimate onto C: I also have an existing outboard big Maxtor Hard drive (G:) I went to Backup/Restore Center. I was able to create a Restore POint.to both inboard drives and also to this Maxtor Outboard terabyte drive I selected the G: drive next page I selected the types of files next page I set up the schedule for later today It says:
January 18th 09 03:05 PM
by Judy[_5_] Go to last post
0 289
Vista and IOGear Router issues by Ron
I have an IOGEAR BOSS (Broadband Office Storage Server) 200GB Model # GNS1000200 Router/NAS Since upgrading to Vista I am unable to acess the router in may ways, first and foremost is the web interface to configure the rought. When I try to pu it up via IE (also tried Firefox) @ http://192.168.2.1, thats the routers IP. I get "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". However if I try to...
January 18th 09 02:53 PM
by apicton[_2_] Go to last post
2 286
Trash Can by asylum151
I have read all about how to restore my trash can but when i restored it, the trash doesnt seem to fill up inside of it anymore when i put things in it. Does anyone have a solution to this? -- asylum151
January 18th 09 02:38 PM
by Brink Go to last post
1 306
Windows Vista 32 bit can find OS to startup repair! by memzo94
Yesterday i tryed to reformate my computer and it came i error . i dont have any backup. i choose restart then it can BOOTMGR IS MISSING PRESS CTRL+ALT+DEL TO RESTART . I downloaded windows recobery 32 (x68) something like that. I booted that CD and it worked . I choosed repair my computer and i must choose OS . It scanned but i doesnt seems to find any Partion on the PC :/
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 18th 09 11:25 AM
by memzo94 Go to last post
10 475
Strange Vista task errors- Help! by Blue Texas
I'm just going to come out straight and ask for help, as this has completely stumped me: I'm not sure exactly when this happened, but some odd things have been happening to my Vista laptop, starting with the most annoying one- 1. Whenever I right-click (no matter what window) and hilight "new", instead of a menu asking me what I would like to create "new", windows explorer crashes and I have to...
January 18th 09 11:13 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 267
computerdumby by computerdumby
I have read through some of the threads loss of desktop & start menu and have tried some of the suggestions such as opening the task bar typing in explorer.exe, when I do this the tool bar flashes for just a second then all I have is the blue screen. Any other suggestions would be appreciated -- computerdumby ------------------------------------------------------------------------
January 18th 09 10:16 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 272
is there a setting to be able to copy and paste in vista? by Sabrem JORAM
FU2 microsoft.public.windows.vista.general I am not able to copy and paste in Vista except for in word docs or emails I send. I am not able to for instance read an article say on msn news and if I want to copy and paste part of the article to send in an email to someone it will not let me. is there a setting I can change to be able to complete this task? -- Pascal, F-20214
January 18th 09 09:52 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
1 261
submiting feedback for windows live messenger 2009???? by ALEXIOS GOUTSOULAS[_2_]
where can I submit a feedback of a problem in the windows live messenger 2009? __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3773 (20090117) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. part000.txt - is OK
January 18th 09 09:38 AM
by Synapse Syndrome[_2_] Go to last post
2 288
Downgrade to XP by Andreas
I have an HP PC with pre-installed Windows Vista. I want to downgrade to XP but I can't find where to call MS for my region ( I am not in the US). Where can I find a list of phone numbers for EU region?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 18th 09 09:10 AM
by Rob Talley[_2_] Go to last post
22 798
Visual Studio 2008's Intellisense causes vista blue screen by Kevin
Hi there! Yesterday when I use vs 2008 on my laptop, it's Intellisense function causes my vista(with sp1 and all of the updates) blue screen. When I check for solution it told me the problem is caused by the antivirus application, so I uninstall my symantec antivirus and disable the Windows Defender but problem still exists, why~~~ Please help me, I really really really don't want to...
January 18th 09 06:16 AM
by Kevin Go to last post
3 293
Cannot click on desktop icons by Sue
I have Vista with SP1 and all current security updates. A couple days ago I found that I am unable to click on any desktop icons. It appears one icon is highlighted, but I can't do anything with it. Programs start fine from the start menu and for the most part I am able to do what I need to do. Has anybody seen this before? I tried restarting, going back to the last known good...
January 18th 09 05:05 AM
by Steve McGarrett Go to last post
1 276
Da Jerk Count Down by measekite
It is obvious dat Da Jerk has jet lag.
January 18th 09 03:36 AM
by measekite Go to last post
4 286
Losing Internet connection when resuming from sleep-mode by Squint0241
Whenever I come out of sleep-mode, I loose my Internet connection. Happens everytime? If I reboot, my connection is reestablished, that is until I use sleep mode again??? Anyone seen this or have a suggestion? Thanks...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 18th 09 02:08 AM
by Kim Jackson Go to last post
17 610
From 3.5 Million to 9 Million in Four Days by Alias[_44_]
http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9126205&intsrc=hm_list LOL! This never happens with Ubuntu. http://www.ubuntu.com/ Alias
January 18th 09 12:30 AM
by Alias[_44_] Go to last post
7 302
Adjusting Brightness by Lisa[_5_]
I'm trying to adjust to color on my laptop. In XP, I just went into Display Advanced Settings Color to adjust the brightness up or down on a slide. In Vista, Advanced Settings in Display takes me to Color Management and I don't understand any of the options. Is there another way?
January 18th 09 12:27 AM
by +Bob+[_2_] Go to last post

From The