Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Auto Powerdown- Vista fails to recover by Peter
I am using vista Ultimate x64bit Video card Nvidea gforce7900 GT When I set the monitor to powerdown automatically after a certain time and then try to recover it by a key press I just get a blue tweed-like pattern on the monitor. It also does this when trying to recover from hibernate. I have the latest bios and chip drivers installed for my MB and the latest Nvidea driver for vista x64...
February 19th 07 02:48 PM
by Peter Go to last post
0 208
MSN 8.1 on a fresh new Vista Ultimate x64 not working? by Ahmed
Hi, Is there a problem with 8.1 with vista, I just re-installed the OS, re-installed MSN 8.1 from msn website, and it can't connect...says, there is a problem with your key ports, and cant repair it, i even disabled the windows firewall + router firewall and still..says Your firewall might be blocking windows live messenger from connecting to service... any ideas?
February 19th 07 03:07 PM
by Carl G Go to last post
7 212
suggestion for IE7 and the START + TAB feature by Dave Horne
It would be great if the 'tabs' in IE7 (multiple copies of IE7) could also be displayed separately in the START + TAB feature of Vista If no one else has suggested this, I'd like to be acknowledged for this ... fantastic idea. Thanks ! Dave Horne
February 19th 07 03:19 PM
by Joe Medford Go to last post
6 235
Regretting Vista by Azul
Two weeks ago I bought a new Dell and had Vista factory installed. When I received the computer and booted it up I was amazed and pleased with the appearance and over all first impression of Vista. And then reality set in... I cannot use AdMuncher with Vista. IE7 with Vista will not access the internet with AdMuncher installed (not running - INSTALLED!). I cannot install Firefox 2.0...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 19th 07 03:21 PM
by Mark \(MCP\) Go to last post
31 606
Problem Finalizing When Burning DVD's by Cory Power
Every Time I burn a dvd it fails in the finalizing stage I can burn cd-r's perfectly. I'm using a 16x DL Burner with lightscribe on a HP 5200T Laptop running Vista Home Premium, any ideas?
February 19th 07 03:29 PM
by Zim Babwe Go to last post
1 212
64 bit Vista business hardware problem by agricola36
I've been using Vista business 64 bit for about 3 weeks now, at first there was the software/hardware problem, but gradually I've worked that out, I un-installed the last two programmes Studio and Roxio and my optical drives are reconised. The two programmes website say it is compatable with Vista, and that maybe so, but it seems to conflict with the drives, has anybody got any ideas about...
February 19th 07 03:31 PM
by John Barnes Go to last post
2 231
DreamScrene Preview now available by Paul Smith
If you check on Windows Update you'll find a per-release version of DreamScene for download. It ships with one video modeled off the default wallpaper. -- Paul Smith, Yeovil, UK. Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User. http://www.windowsresource.net/
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 19th 07 03:51 PM
by exodus 33:20 Go to last post
20 536
Unexpected error 0x800705AD preventing a move by Ole Andre Johansen
When i move from one disk to another i get Unexpected error 0x800705AD: Insufficent Quota to complete the requested service. But i don't have any quotas, and theyre all local discs. How could this be? A bug? -- Ole - André Johansen
February 19th 07 03:56 PM
by Bogart Go to last post
4 261
CD/DVD Drivers during Setup by GC
Hi, I'm trying to install Vista Home Prem on my PC which was running XP Pro (So full install copy required from boot!). I ran upgrade advisor and every thing checked out OK except DVD-RAM driver (I never use as a DVD-RAM Drive anyway). Problem is I'm having trouble during setup, Setup loads OK and after I insert the License key it starts installing then asks me for Drivers for the CD/DVD...
February 19th 07 04:07 PM
by Roger Go to last post
2 299
Considering upgrade to Vista Ultimate by Eric
I am considering upgrade to Vista Ultimate, but my computer configuration is P4 2.6G CPU, 2G RAM, FX5600 Ultra display card. Is this configuration run Vista smoothly? any problem? Also, I have a digital voice recorder and a software connecting it to Windows XP. Can this software run under Vista?
February 19th 07 04:10 PM
by Peckiro Go to last post
6 272
Adobe Acrobat Reader 8 by Willie
I'm trying to install acrobat reader 8 but everytime I try it tells me that the is full or I don't have access.Please help me. I have vista ultimate. Willie
February 19th 07 04:14 PM
by Willie Go to last post
3 197
Windows Sidebar by Ak
The Window Sidebar is a nice feature but on small bug I have with it, is that it darken that whole edge of my desktop. There really should be an option so that your disktop picture is not spoiled by darkness. Al
February 19th 07 04:20 PM
by Alan G Go to last post
5 278
How do you burn an ISO image to DVD on Vista? by [email protected]
I have an ISO-9660 image file (about 3GB, exact representation of the original installation media, including the content and the logical format). Does Vista have a capability to write it to a blank DVD-R resulting in an identical copy of the original DVD including file name and volume label information? The default Burn utility in Vista just writes this file as a file and not as an image of the...
February 19th 07 04:32 PM
by forkart Go to last post
8 266
Can't work with Vista business by Steve Franks
I think that I'm going to have to wipe my machine and reinstall XP. Vista definitely has not wowed me. It just keeps getting in the way when I try to work: 1) Long naps at random intervals. It just stops working for up to an hour. The mouse moves, but nothing else reacts. The only solution is to press the power button and shut it down. 2) Frequent requests for authorisation, almost any action...
February 19th 07 04:56 PM
by Jake Go to last post
8 205
test by Bob
just checking - sorry
February 19th 07 05:02 PM
by Bob Go to last post
0 383
COA Number Invalid? by mykest
Anyone else having trouble getting the Vista upgrade from the DELL site? DELL says my COA number isn't being accepted due to a fault by Microsoft. It seems that MS stupidly changed COA numbers of computers already sold and did not notify DELL. Anyone else experiencing this problem?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 19th 07 05:03 PM
by Jupiter Jones [MVP] Go to last post
11 382
Slow Transfer rates with wireless connectiviity using Vista by [email protected]
I was wondering if anyone else is having an issue with Microsoft Vista home edition with reference to slow transfer rates when you're using a wireless connection. If I'm connect to a lan, I can easily have a 570kb tranfer rates. This transfer rate slows to 70kb when I'm connected wirelessly.
February 19th 07 05:16 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 235
Vista and Outlook Migration by AizAizA
Good day. I recently bought a Vista (HB) machine so I could learn Vista. Two days later, my XP machine died and System Recovery did not recover it (chkdsk /r). Good timing! So I moved everything over to the Vista machine as I had done before between XP machines. (By plugging in the old hard drive to a SATA to USB cable) My Outlook PST file was moved and all seemed to be working...
February 19th 07 05:18 PM
by AizAizA Go to last post
2 222
Problems with Sound Mixer by Richardxxx
I have several programs on my computer that make noise! WMP is one, iTunes another and an internet radio player yet another - all these I want to play through the speakers. I also have other noise programs - Skype, googletalk, Dragon naturally speaking and the like that I do not want to ever play through the speakers for privacy if no other reasons, these programs I want to play through my...
February 19th 07 05:24 PM
by dev Go to last post
3 227
Media Centre and Aero by SteveW
Hi, I have just installed a Terratec Cinergy Hybrid USB TV stick. Which works wonderfully in Media Centre if I turn Aero off if not it breaks up continuously. I am amazed I have just bought a new PC running Vista Home Premium the machine scores: 5.2, 5.9 for graphics. Processor: AMD Dual Core 5200+ Graphics card: Geforce 8800 GTX.
February 19th 07 05:43 PM
by SteveW Go to last post

From The