Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
port configuration by na
I am running Vista Business Edition that connect to my wirless router. A SMC Barricade 7004ABR router is wired to the wirless router in my office. I added a local printer to a SMC100 port. The SMC100 port is created by SMC 7004ABR printer port monitor utility. I went to the printer properties page and go to the Ports tab, the SMC100 port is checked. I clicked the "Configure Port", but...
January 17th 09 04:48 PM
by jdc Go to last post
4 307
I Can't Make A Zipped Folder!!!!! by toebob[_2_]
hi. i try to make a zipped folder but it will not work. i also have a vista computer - i need the zipped folder because, i need to put stuff in it so i can send it to my other computer. this is what it looks like :( -- toebob ------------------------------------------------------------------------
January 17th 09 03:47 PM
by Dave-UK[_2_] Go to last post
2 291
system restore which failed - how to fix? by Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net
Hi I tried to do a system restore which failed and I got a message saying "the volume shadow service used by system restore is not working" Can anyone help me get my system restore back please? -- Martin ©¿©¬
January 17th 09 03:36 PM
by Pauli Taglia Go to last post
2 285
Using TweakUI in Vista. by Walter Donavan
Vista brand-newbie. I installed my beloved TweakUI from Win 2K Pro. It installed and it worked once. In fact, it even modified itself to add a bunch of Vista stuff! (Truly!) (Really thoughtful, I thought.) But from then on it won't run at all. (Either from the Control Panel or from its Power Toys folder.) I always get this message: "Windows cannot find ;'RunLegacyCplElevated.exe.' Make sure...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 17th 09 03:35 PM
by Danny Krychek Go to last post
10 467
Windows vista aero glass problems by JessicaLauren
Hey, I am using an Acer Aspire 5315 notebook... It came with Vista HomeBasic, and I have upgraded it to HomePremium. i have also put an extra 1G of RAM in it. It has a system rating of 2.5, and says its compatible for Aero. I'm not too computer savvy, so I don't know any more specs of it.. Now, the problem is I can't get Aero Glass on it. It is able to select the Aero theme, that's all fine,...
January 17th 09 03:19 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
3 339
Cannot upgade from Windows XP by Colin
I am having problems trying to upgrade from Windows XP. Every time I reach the "expanding files" part it stops and give me the message: "Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of the installation." I thought it might be the auto run on my DVD recorder which had not been working, but that has been resolved with Microsoft's auto repair wizard. I also used Nero's...
January 17th 09 02:39 PM
by KingRedmer Go to last post
2 319
registry fix for explorer? by eversmando
Hi, I installed vista the other day and so far i've only found one thing that annoys me to death. When you select Group By: Name, in windows explorer, it groups A-F, G-L, and so on... making it a total of maybe 5 huge groups wich i do NOT want. this is rediculously usless since i get 5-6 huge chunks of folders wich beats the grouping folders by name... (i have few folders in my root folder,...
January 17th 09 02:23 PM
by Spikey[_3_] Go to last post
3 301
clean install vs upgrade by Jeremy Schubert[_2_]
We have XP in our school's labs. I'd like to upgrade a few to Vista (business edition). Any opinions about clean installs vs upgrades?
January 17th 09 02:01 PM
by RalfG[_3_] Go to last post
5 307
Set a default installation drive or increase size of C: drive? by Blaise
I recently purchased a laptop with Vista Home Premium. The hard drive was partitioned into a C: drive (approx. 29 Gb) and a D: drive (approx. 105 Gb). I've installed Microsoft Office, the trial version of Visual Studio, Google Pack, and a few miscellanous programs. Most of the software defaults to install on the C: drive and doesn't provide an option to re-direct the installation to a...
January 17th 09 01:29 PM
by Jerry U[_2_] Go to last post
8 318
My Bluetooth Headset or Vista?? by Seni Seven
I have a bluetooth headset (Jabra BT8010) that routinely fails to connect the stereo feature. Here's what I do: 1. I turn on the power of headset. 2. From the system task icons bar in Vista (HomePrem), I open the Bluetooth--Show Bluetooth Devices to get that dialog box.
January 17th 09 01:23 PM
by kiminy Go to last post
1 302
Cannot create a new partition( error: not enough space) by Oltmans
Hi all, I just purchased a new laptop from Dell. Size of the C drive is 220 GB. Now I would like to create two more drives (namely: F & G as I plan to install Windows XP on F and some data on G). When I try to shrink C and then try to create a volume it says "There is not enough space on disk available to complete the operation." As said, I need to create a drive named F which will have Windows...
January 17th 09 12:30 PM
by Oltmans Go to last post
5 280
how do I remove vista from recovery D? by jeffs
I re installed vista I meant to put it in the OS system but instead I re installed in the recovery D. The problem is that now I have two operating system when I boot up. I tried to remove vista from the recovery area says I'm not authorized. Any one know How I can remove vista from the recovery? -- jeffs
January 17th 09 12:28 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 272
USB problem by krunch
Well I posted this problem on a forum with some people I game with and they told me here would be my best chance to figure out how to fix my problem. Usually when im gaming but not always I will get a bluescreen with the words "BUG_DRIVERCODE_USB" at the top and when I relog I will get this message. Problem signatu Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
January 17th 09 12:15 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 309
What's wrong with CHKDSK.EXE by Philip K
Hi Everybody, 1. My nice new computer came with VISTA, a degrag program (Perfect Disk), an anti-virus checker (PC-cillin) but no program to check the disks for defects. 2. CHKDSK.EXE does not work whether I double click on it or run it as administrator. 3. Is there a disk checker within VISTA which I can run. 4. I own Norton Utilities 2008 which I am allowed to put on two computers....
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 17th 09 12:07 PM
by Octavio Go to last post
14 534
Disable Folder Thumbnails by Sem
hello i was wondering if anyone knows any tricks or registry settings i could use to stop vista from generating thumbnails for folders "live folders" but keep them enabled for files ive reached the end of the road here im managed to put up with the other annoyances of vista but this one is one too many :(
January 17th 09 12:06 PM
by Huskion Go to last post
4 311
HELP! RunDLL error message! by RunDLL
An error message appears on my desktop whenever i open my computer. The message says: C:\Windows\system32\dDSKdeca.dll The specified module cannot be found. What should i do? Thanks.
January 17th 09 11:47 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
2 281
1 in 3 Windows PCs vulnerable to worm attack by Alias[_44_]
http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9126038&intsrc=hm_ts_head HA! Alias
January 17th 09 10:49 AM
by Alias[_44_] Go to last post
8 278
Bad Partition, can any one Help Please by ndrepebx
Hi. I'm using Ultimate Vista x64 and i have a 500GB WD hard drive that i have the vista installed on. Originally the drive was not partitioned, then i used the GParted Boodcd and shrinked the hard drive to 150GB and then the other 350GB i partitioned from the Disk Managment within Windows in to five Volumes. It all worked fine for a fiew months until i messed around with an other bootcd checking...
January 17th 09 09:50 AM
by ndrepebx Go to last post
3 269
Password Expires in 60 days by Charles W Davis
A computer club member with Window Vista Home Premium has asked how to stop the message that reads: " Password Expires in 60 days" without removing the password from his system? Our group of "experts" had no clue, including myself. Any thoughts?
January 17th 09 07:48 AM
by Gordon[_5_] Go to last post
3 301
More Vista Updates by Endulini