Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Minesweeper by La Poste
Hi all, Can someone help? This matter is not really essential, but somewhat annoying. After playing some time on minesweeper, it freezes and cease to work (and worse, at the moment when I'm going to win...). Did someone experience this situation, and how can I cope with it? Many thanks in advance -- Cordialement JL
January 17th 09 07:19 AM
by kendrick9 Go to last post
3 326
Enable shutdown button on rdp session! by Matthias Kracht
Is it possible to enable the shutdown button on a terminal session like rdp?
January 17th 09 06:33 AM
by sam.f Go to last post
2 355
The 1% Logical Fallacy by Bob Campbell[_2_]
"measekite's psychiatrist" wrote in message ... Rolls Royce has less than 1% of the car market but that doesn't make the Rolls a bad car. Could you imagine if Rolls Royce was FREE and still had less than 1% of the market? That would make the product a piece of Crap. Ubuntu is FREE and Ubuntu has less than 1% of the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 17th 09 05:54 AM
by Synapse Syndrome[_2_] Go to last post
10 530
Physical memory dump in Windows Vista home preminum by strike
Hello to all the member of this forum....i am new comer to this forum. when i surf net or do some task then a blue screen come and display the message as physical memoy dump..... DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Technical information STOP:0x000000D1(0x58000004,0x00000002,0x00000000,0x8E0DCEA4) ***US30XP.SYS-Address 8E0DCEA4 base at 8E)D$000,Date stamp 48bfefbc.
January 17th 09 05:51 AM
by strike Go to last post
2 304
Using TweakUI in Vista (IT WORKS) by cqui3
"cqui3" a écrit dans le message de news:... "cqui3" a écrit dans le message de news:... "webster72n" a écrit dans le message de ... "Walter Donavan" wrote in message ... Vista...
January 17th 09 04:51 AM
by cqui3 Go to last post
0 295
Using TweakUI in Vista by cqui3
"cqui3" a écrit dans le message de news:... "webster72n" a écrit dans le message de ... "Walter Donavan" wrote in message ... Vista brand-newbie. I installed my beloved TweakUI from Win 2K Pro. It installed and it...
January 17th 09 04:50 AM
by cqui3 Go to last post
0 296
Windows Homeserver by Don Harvey
Anyone used the new Windows HomeServer OS and how well it plays with Vista machine attached. I received my demo CD's and was going to install on an older machine no longer used.
January 17th 09 02:36 AM
by Al D[_2_] Go to last post
8 292
sorry for asking for a repeat by FireBrick[_2_]
Apparently Comcast had a hiccup and I never saw nor received the answers for some of the questions I had. Guess I learned a lesson...
January 17th 09 02:32 AM
by Charles W Davis Go to last post
3 279
IE7 Download Limit by LMO
Aloha all. How do you increase the download limit in IE7? I edited the two MaxConnections setting in RegEdit to get 10 downloads, but it still only allows 2. Is there another asetting I have to change? Thanks.
January 17th 09 01:35 AM
by LMO Go to last post
0 293
Sound Driver by Jimshirl29
I have a problem with Vista loading the driver for my sound card. Some times it will and other times it won't ?? If I reboot it will install the driver?? It install, it is Vista compatible, there is no other sound card divers installed, Bios has motherboard sound turned off. Any Ideas?
January 17th 09 01:26 AM
by Jimshirl29 Go to last post
2 271
Some People Have All the Nerve by Alias[_44_]
Frank, the junk yard dog with no teeth, thinks that if he wants to kick someone's ass, they should pay for air fare to meet him at his convenience. If you aren't willing to pay for air fare to meet him where he wants and when he wants, you're, according to Frank, a coward. Now, I've seen some weird logic before but this one takes the cake. Alias
January 17th 09 12:54 AM
by Alias[_44_] Go to last post
3 278
Pleaseee help. New error messages by cory21
So i was on my laptop looking at cars just earlier and it died, so i plugged it in and left it. I came back later and turned it all on and soon as it loads it gave me an error message about dell video chat not being able to load or something, and everytime i try and open firefox it says program failed in intalize (0xc0000005) .. How do i fix this? -- cory21
January 17th 09 12:47 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
4 302
C:\Documents and Settings is not accessible by Paul[_15_]
When i try to go in windows explorer, to C:\Documents and Settings, i get the message "C:\Documents and Settings is not accessible. Access is Denied" When i try to go to c:\users\maddie, i can go to most of the folders, but not all. the folders i cannot access a Application Data Cookies Local Settings My Documents NetHood
January 17th 09 12:47 AM
by Michael Walraven[_3_] Go to last post
7 442
Odd Broadband Speed Problem by pbl
I have a wireless home network that permits sharing a fast broadband connection between three computers, usually at separate times. Yesterday after starting up my main laptop, I noticed the broadband speed was slow. Testing the speed, it is one tenth of the speed I normally get. I checked the two other computers assuming is was an ISP issue but the broadband speed was normal. Diagnose and Repair...
January 17th 09 12:45 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 292
Why Linux will crush Windows 7 by Alias[_44_]
http://blogs.computerworld.com/why_linux_will_crush_windows_7 So true. Alias
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 17th 09 12:35 AM
by Walter Donavan Go to last post
38 1,026
Processor Upgrade - Vista Ultimate OEM by Ken[_7_]
I want to upgrade the processor on one of my systems from an E6600 to an E8500. That is the only change I will make to the hardware. Will the currently installed Vista Ultimate 32-bit OEM come up and run on the new processor or will it make me re-install? Assuming Vista won't care too much will MSFT make me go through the phone re-registration process yet again? Thanks in advance.
January 17th 09 12:15 AM
by Synapse Syndrome[_2_] Go to last post
9 344
Listing Vista Backups by Neil Jones[_2_]
On Vista Ultimate, I do complete system backups frequently. How do I find out the list of backups on the backup drive? Thank you in advance. NJ
January 17th 09 12:13 AM
by Bill Sanderson Go to last post
3 319
Standard program // context menu by turboharen
I have some wierd thing going on.. when i try right click a file open as.. i pick program.. then nothing happends it doesnt appear at all in the list for standard programs.. the program is MPC home cinema i've done this loads of time before so dont explain how to do it.. its something wrong
January 17th 09 12:00 AM
by turboharen Go to last post
0 272
Test Post - please ignore by Bigguy[_2_]
Testing - please ignore Firewall enabled
January 16th 09 11:27 PM
by measekite Go to last post
1 281
Is Windows Secure on the Net? by Richard Urban
The patch was available in October. -- Richard Urban Microsoft MVP Windows Desktop Experience "Alias" wrote in message
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 16th 09 11:25 PM
by measekite Go to last post

From The