Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
last and final (I hope) question by FireBrick[_2_]
Why do we have to name a 'user'. Why can't we just leave it as Administrator? If there is only one user of the computer. That way you wouldn't have to choose from that selection screen upon boot up and most of the permissions would be less intrusive.
January 16th 09 10:24 PM
by measekite Go to last post
7 333
Intro/Question for someone by kheer
Hey everyone, this would be my first post here on the forum, only had Vista for a month or so. My question is how do I get it so that my windows sidebar loads the 32 bit version rather than the 64 bit. I use Pandora and I want to use the sidebar application. Flash player is needed though. Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance. -- kheer
January 16th 09 10:12 PM
by kheer Go to last post
2 319
c000021aVista by txt3rob
got a laptop that keeps switching off when ever it fancys no bsod or warnings just goes off and then when i power on again i get the c000021a error and it reboots and then works Things I've tryed below 1) its any copy of vista the one that was preinstalled and one thats been slipstreamed with latest updates. Happens with 32bit or 64bit versions
January 16th 09 09:31 PM
by Romai Go to last post
6 336
Vista Updates by Endulini
Hi, My PC has become stuck in a cycle of downloading a recent IE7 Security Update. It installed successfully a couple of months ago but still gets downloaded and attempts to install every time I reboot. Anyone got any suggestions to break this cycle? Thanks
January 16th 09 09:03 PM
by Endulini Go to last post
3 323
Sound Driver by Beamrider
If it's a Creative card...good luck. Some people don't seem to have any problems and for others it's a never ending source of irritation. After weeks of messing with it I ended up pulling the Creative cards on 2 of my machines and going with the onboard sound...haven't had a problem since....
January 16th 09 08:56 PM
by Beamrider Go to last post
0 286
What's new? by webster72n
By the looks of it there are lots of people having lots of trouble with 'Vista'. Personally I find this OS self sufficient in the short time I was using it (ca. 3 weeks). Some of the problems mentioned here were confronting me, but by following the instructions given in the dialog boxes, I was able to correct all of them so far without outside help. A last resort in extreme cases is the 'F8"...
January 16th 09 08:44 PM
by Bruce Chambers Go to last post
5 332
Unresponsive blue screen after startup - can't get to desktop - please help! by verdantabyss
For the past few days my desktop computer has been giving me constant "such and such file is corrupted" pop-ups on completely random files, such as my AOL Instant Messenger plugins, constantly prompting me to run the Chk Disk application. I eventually ran it, and after it'd finished I did some work on the PC and then turned it off. When I next went to turn my computer on, I'm given a black...
January 16th 09 07:44 PM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
1 334
Upgrade Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 - How much $$$ this time? by Little Charlie[_2_]
When I upgraded our 3 home XP PC's to Vista it was $150 per pc. IOW I paid right at $450 to upgrade 3 PC's. (Plus some hardware upgrades as well to run Vista) What will Microsoft want THIS TIME to upgrade from Vista Home Premium to Windows 7? Anyone know?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 16th 09 06:07 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
16 637
Difference Between Retail and OEM by amboyangler[_13_]
Can someone please explain the actual difference between Retail and OEM versions of Operating Systems? I am planning on purchasing Vista Ultimate and the OEM is much cheaper than the Retail one. -- amboyangler Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 16th 09 05:51 PM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post
13 524
Damn funny by The poster formerly known as 'The Poster Formerly Known as NinaDiBoy'
Synapse Syndrome wrote: http://xkcd.org/528/ ss. I liked this one too: http://xkcd.org/527/
0 310
Data Restore Question (Vista Home Premium) by Dave Lee
I recently encountered a harddrive problem on my Dell laptop. Dell sent me a new drive (with factory image). At that point my system was marginally stable but I had a full image backup (using Acronis) that was only 4 days old. The only personal data that I cared about that was not covered by that backup was some email, and I was able to do a Vista Backup of only my email (at that point...
January 16th 09 05:09 PM
by Dave Lee Go to last post
1 256
Unable to access VIsta ro XP partition by Edgar[_2_]
Hello, I have three drives which consist of one that has Vista, another with XP and just recently i installed Windows 7 on the other drive. After installing Windows 7, and tinkering around with it i decided to get back to Vista to work on somethings. i went to my BIOS and changed my drive to boot to the Vista drive, but i would get a message that states to use a drive that is bootable or...
January 16th 09 05:01 PM
by Edgar[_2_] Go to last post
5 294
in need of advice by marty
hi ,my sons acer laptop seems to have developed a fault,when he powers up after a short sime it just shuts down .sometimes it will load the os (vista hp)and sometimes it wont even get to the boot screen .i have noticed that the fan is not working ,i think this may be the problem so i need some clarification so i can narrow down the possible causes ,the laptop is still under warranty but if a...
January 16th 09 04:15 PM
by marty Go to last post
5 286
Damn funny by Alias[_44_]
measekite wrote: "Synapse Syndrome" wrote in message ... http://xkcd.org/528/ ss. Wasn't that funny.
January 16th 09 04:14 PM
by measekite's psychiatrist[_4_] Go to last post
1 282
It's better than Vista by Synapse Syndrome[_2_]
measekite wrote: "Synapse Syndrome" wrote in message ... http://xkcd.org/528/ ss.
January 16th 09 04:06 PM
by Alias[_44_] Go to last post
1 256
Windows 7 Beta by Carl G
Hi Guys Does anyone have a link for a newsgroup for windows 7 Beta . There must be some kind of discussin group or such . Thanks -- Carl G
January 16th 09 03:50 PM
by Carl G Go to last post
4 305
Damn funny by Alias[_44_]
Synapse Syndrome wrote: http://xkcd.org/528/ ss. LOL! Good one. Alias
January 16th 09 03:46 PM
by Alias[_44_] Go to last post
0 292
Damn funny by Synapse Syndrome[_2_]
measekite wrote: http://xkcd.org/528/ ss. Wasn't that funny.
January 16th 09 03:45 PM
by measekite's psychiatrist[_4_] Go to last post
1 285
Recycle Bin by swiftflo
I accidently deleted the Recycle Bin from my desk top, I have now got it back but seem unable to get it to work right. It either shows full or empty. When its full & I go to empty Bin it still shows full and when its empty and I delete something it still shows empty. I know this has been covered before but cannot find the answer.
January 16th 09 02:38 PM
by Nominativ Go to last post
8 348
Deleting backup sets and or files by Harmon Koeltz
Vista Home Premium- no shadow copies. I have one backup set, dated the day I started using the backup utility in Vista. Contained within are 599 files and 138 folders. I need to recover space on my external harddrive. Some of these files are quite large-several gig and most are much smaller. I'm assuming those are full backups and incremental backups. So do I delete the entire backup set and...
January 16th 09 02:33 PM
by Harmon Koeltz Go to last post

From The